Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 Loading

i traded my 1100 and got a used M2-18.5 pistol grip, i will try my hand at local limited 3 gun soon, and have not shot it yet, but messing around trying to load it is sorta confusing to me...what is the proper sequence to load this puppy?load from the bottom and then rack the handle, drop the 1st shell into the chamber, then load the tube, the how bout adding rds as needed? seems like stupid q's, but not as straight foward as the 1100 to me...help..

Do you mean before or after the buzzer? Before, one in the port, drop the bolt, stuff them from the bottom. After, don't run out, stuff from bottom.

it seems like the gun will respond diff when shooting then manually racking the charging handle, in order to unload the shells i have to push up the tab above the trigger while racking the handle..but if i recall when i load one in the port and drop the bolt the bottom locks and will not allow additional shells loaded..

looks like i finally figured out this bugger,, the light in my head went on...now if i can figure out how to prevent my thumb from getting caught when loading it..

ok....thanks, i new i should have played with it some more before posting....but i can handle the ragging anyway...

check out the burkett video on shotguns. he runs a benelli in open but covers a lot of the basics on running benelli's in general.

looks like i finally figured out this bugger,, the light in my head went on...now if i can figure out how to prevent my thumb from getting caught when loading it..

Try using the knuckle of your thumb to keep the gate depressed, rather than using only the tip of your thumb. It does help, regardless of make of shotgun.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

I have recently purchased a new M2 & noticed that compared to my friends older M1 feeding the shells into the magazine is a lot harder, the carrier latch on my M2 is shaped differently at the end nearest the magazine to the one fitted to the M1 & seems to make pushing the shells past the latch much harder, how can I get around this ? will an M1 carrier latch fit an M2 ? Is it the carrier latch spring ?

As a result of this I also have to run a stiffer magazine spring than my friends M1 in order for the gun to function which slows down my reloads !

Sugestions Please

N

call me ! - all new benellis need the latch polished to slick them up a bit - the one I have has had the snot taken off it. When is Austrailia ?

I was planning to call you later today anyway mate, got to go out this morning, last minute things & leave tomorrow evening for Oz.

Speak later.

N

call me ! - all new benellis need the latch polished to slick them up a bit - the one I have has had the snot taken off it. When is Austrailia ?

Hey Mike- Could you point me to the latch a little better? How much and where? I haven't become much of a Benelli mechanic yet.

Thanks,