Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accessing Outlook Via Wireless / Vpn Fries My Email Folders

I'm having a major problem with my work email (not my Outlook Express email). Whenever I try to access email either via wireless, it totally fries my email folders and I can't get back into them until IS does about 45 mins worth of voodoo. Is there some known bug with Outlook or wireless adapters that causes this issue?

I'm using a Dell Latitude D600 with its own internal wireless card.

Thanks!

What does your IS rep have to say? I also use wireless and VPN to access work mail with no issues, but then I use Thunderbird.

An interesting problem you have here, going to have to watch this thread....

We use Outlook cached or not, VPN over wireless or wired...

I have a D600 too.. no problems.

My managers system was having a lot of drops lately, maybe if you're dropping too, it's corrupting your PST?

I use Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro with a D600. Wired or wireless, VPN or no VPN, I havn't had issues with Outlook folder corruption.

What version of Office and Windows? Are you setup for offline email use? Are you connecting to an Exchange server or POP3?

Exchange uses an extremely chatty protocol. We have tried to use it over various satellite systems without much luck. I have had issues with Outlook over VPN at various parts of the country but it has always taken care of it's self. It's just that I have had to wait for minutes (sometimes) for the server to get it's act together. I have never had the courage to use offline folders since a bad experience a few years back. I have a personal concept of operations: If I ain't on line, I ain't doin' email!