Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoe Shopping

B.J. Norris

Title says it all, my older Adidas Corner Blitz (which has a different/better cleat pattern for shooting than the current Corner Blitz) have finally worn down to nubs. All of the football cleats I saw had huge cleats right on the heel so unless I introduced them to a belt sander, they were all out. The Nike TF cleat pattern looked great, but I can't find a single Nike or Adidas soccer shoe in a wide width! :angry::angry: Are dainty feet required to play soccer?

They are a little spendy but these cleats work great. I have worn them playing softball for years but starting shooting in them last year and the cleat design lends itself very well to the way we move when shooting.

I have what I call normal feet (wider than most shoes) and these also fit great.

https://www.ringor.com/pc/merch.asp?fid=18

Good luck

Cleats weigh so much compared to trail running shoes. I need to play around with my footwork one day wearing my normal trail runners and some cleats. I think my trail runners are 90% of the traction of cleats with 30% of the weight.

Cleats weigh so much compared to trail running shoes. I need to play around with my footwork one day wearing my normal trail runners and some cleats. I think my trail runners are 90% of the traction of cleats with 30% of the weight.

+1

I've been through two pair of Nike trail running type shoes. The aggressive treads are great on the varied surfaces encountered at ranges and being a running shoe they're very light. The pair I'm using now are bright yellow and my wife made me swear I would only wear them to the range...

Don't be afraid to take a belt sander to a pair of shoes to make them work... ;)

I have wide feet, too... the Underarmours seem to fit pretty well, and they're comfortable to stand on all day long. The cleats aren't hard plastic - they're more of a hard rubber, so there's some give to them, and they don't seem to get slick on wood or concrete, which is a bonus. However, I still had to sand down the back outside corners a little bit to be able to get a nice roll to my step for shoot on the move and such. 5 minutes w/ a sander corrected all of that.

They're a little more expensive than the Landsharks... but they're more comfortable on my feet...

My preference would be for a non-cleat, but the latest ones I've tried have ended up too slick on some surfaces, so... Maybe I'll look at some other things this year... The Underarmours did me well last season, though...

We may be making a trip to Dallas this weekend, so does anybody know of any good stores with a wide selection of cleats of all brands and types (baseball, soccer, football, turf vs. grass etc)?

ETA: preferbably on the east side of Dallas, like Mesquite, Garland or Rockwall area.

Edited by B.J. Norris

We may be making a trip to Dallas this weekend, so does anybody know of any good stores with a wide selection of cleats of all brands and types (baseball, soccer, football, turf vs. grass etc)?

ETA: preferbably on the east side of Dallas, like Mesquite, Garland or Rockwall area.

BJ....... the Academy stores around here actually have a decent selection compared to your area, but I'd really say go up to the Allen Outlets ( I know, not East side, but sorta "northside") and hit the stores there. I bought both Patty's and my Adidas cleats there, and several other people have done the same... there is Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and I think New Balance stores/outlets all there.........

-Mike

my foot is weird and I've yet to find a New Balance that fits correctly, add to that that maybe 50% of Nike and Adidas shoes fit my arch correctly...

..... and you expected your Feet to be normal?

all joking aside i have a set of Mizuno or something liek that that works. i have a wide size 14... try finding a cleat for that? Dicks many times has a good selection of shoes... see if you can find someone who plays football/soccer and find out where they get their shoes from.