Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forgetting targets

spook

OK OK, don't laugh too hard. It was a very nasty long course and I shoot revolver, so I had to make 5 reloads. Anyways, the stage had many walls in varying angles that would have you run past targets fast if you wouldn't pay attention (like during a reload :)). So I "forgot" one target. 2 mikes and a procedural.

Definately sucked.

Spook, considering the situation at the range , the "stress" you had (caused by the malfunction of your revo the day before the match etcetera) and it was only your 5th qualifiermatch you have done very well.

This course wasn't ment to be easy and you weren't the only one who made this mistake.

Forum and clubmember "doublemike" was blessed he only got 2 mikes at the one target he had two misses and didn't get the procedural.

DVC

Adrie

Steve, LOL. That's exactly how I felt. A guy who also shot revo shot right before me and finished in about 26 seconds. Then I had to shoot. I remembered thinking "Wow, that was faster than 26 seconds" :) It was.

It most recently just happened last month...

the whole squad is moaning about these barricade reach arounds, and I saw the outer barricade reach arounds, NOT the inner barricade reacharound hardcover headshots.

Rarely have I shot so fast and been so wrong.

Live and learn some more. :)

SA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think my most embarrasing missed target incident happened on a stage I had helped setup the day before.  What makes it even worse is I faied to engage two targets.

For a minute though I thought I had really shot the stage fast.  then the RO said - "what happened did you run out of ammo?"

• 1 year later...

I pranced past three targets on a 36 round rifle stage today. I was doing really well, shooting on the move ... everything nice and smoothe. Then I got to the last opening in the barricades and realized I hadn't shot enough targets. I said, "Did I shoot all of the targets? I don't think I shot all of the targets!"

Then I backed up and found three of them, being all sneaky behind a wall section, unengaged and proud of it. So I whacked them.

Now, that little maneuver cost me ... a LOT of time. At our local 3-Gun matches, I tend to do really well on the rifle courses of fire (even the field courses, believe it or not) compared to pistol and shotgun, but that took the wind out of my tactical sails! I don't think it was worse than three failures to engage plus six misses, but it was bad.

Here's the kicker: I designed the stage.

:wacko::blink::wacko:

Last target of the last stage of the 2004 Australian Nationals. Walked the stage twice and didn't see it.

When the RO said "If your really really sure that you have finished..." I knew I had stuffed it. I also decline to keep going as that would have neen cheating.

That cost me my break into master grade, as I scored 84.46%.

Luckily the video was wiped by the RO when he realised his coaching was picked up by the mike. Otherwise it would be turning up at shoots for years to come.

Ken

You NEVER shoot your own stage well... <_<

That's not necessarily true. short_round shot the stage he designed very well yesterday. I shot it well, too... it was called "300lb Gorilla." :D It was a nice surprise. ;) Thanks, Alvin!