Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll also be there. So will Phil Strader and probably Kert Gaskill, Jeff Gambrell, etc. We will get several fantastic shooters there. I'm sure Todd and several others will be there as well. I met Shepard at the Fl STate Championship. Super nice guy. If you guys find me, come by and say HI,  

Kevin Insco (TY31384)

Kevin,

I would like to see your mag button and meet you.

I will be staying at the match hotel. Maby, like Friday night or Saturday night, all of the BE.com folks could meet somewhere for dinner. I think that would be cool.

Somebody else more familiar with Jacksonville will have to pick a place.

Even better... what about the Match banquet?

SS,

Ok, sounds good. I'm also staying at the match hotel. I'll be getting there probably around 7 or 8pm Friday night. I got stuck going to a LEO Gang class on Friday in Tampa and I'll leave after the class.

I'll send you a PM w/ my cell # and you can get a hold of me.

Well Area 6 is over, and congratulations to all who shot it. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but won't complain. Back to the drawing board for more work. I was suprised by the amount of GM and M Limited shooters at the match. I think there were 13 GM Limited shooters.

Phil Strader won Limited, Max Michel won Open.

Anyone who gets a chance to watch Phil shoot his Limited gun, its worth the price of admission and then some!!!!!!!!! Phil flat out ROCKS with iron sights. Phil went to warm up and do a run on the plate rack (6 plates Bianchi style) and with a loaded gun in holster, hands at sides, he wrecked the plates in 2.33.

Phil is a SUPER nice guy and will help anyone who asks. I can't say enough good things about him. It is a pleasure to shoot with him and a class in of itself.

I think this will be that last major match I RO for a while. I shot really bad on Friday. Anyone have any comments about stage 2...? Considering how many shooters we had I think that match ran very smoothly and nothing held the squads up to much... maybe stages 5 & 6 a little...

I also herd a rumor that they are trying to get one of the Nationals Matches to come to the Jacksonville range. What does everyone think about that?

Besides being cooked like a lobster I had a great time and I hope you guys did also...

Eric Sites

Kevin!  You're too kind.  Thanks for the compliments.  I've enjoyed getting to know you, as well.  My wife and I were dissapointed that we didn't get to shoot together.  Hopefully you can make the trip to the Summer Blast, or maybe even one of the Area 8 matches.  If so, let me know.  I'll make sure we're on the same squad.  Take care.

Is gmshtr Phil Strader?!?!?!

Dude, you ROCK!!

You made me forget all about wanting an open blaster!!  :)

I will be studying the video I have of you for a while. If you have never seen Phil shoot, just imagine my tag line taken to the extreme.

I have never seen BE shoot, but I imagine Phil's style would be like BE's.

I got to watch Phil Strader at the shoot-offs at last years Limited Nationals.  I didn't care squat about the plates falling...I watched the shooters.  I was most impressed with the quick, smoothness of Phil, TJ, and the Burner (I missed TGO and Travis.  TGO went and got knocked out in the first round...I might have been watching the steel fall while Travis was shooting).

Anyway...Phil does indeed rock.

I was lucky enough to be on the squad following Strader during Area 6. Wow! That is what its supposed to look like. My squadmates and I are still calling each other up spontaneously for no other reason than to talk about how impressive he was. And a really nice guy to boot. He was very gracious with his time and advice throughout the match.  

Hey Phil,

You're very welcome, I'm just telling it like it is!  I was a little disappointed I didn't get to shoot w/ you as well, but I'll get over it in 6 or 7 months, HAHA. Anyway, congrats, shot one helluva match. I'm definitely going to the Limited Nationals. I think the Summer Blast falls on the Fl Police Olympics weekend. I got railroaded into that one, but oh well.

I would love a Nationals in Jacksonville. But then again, anyone who lives on the east coast would.