Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flexible Lamp For Reloading Bench?

ExtremeShot

I'm looking for a flexible lamp for my reloading bench. I'd like to have a lamp like the one attached to my grinder/mill/drill press (see the attached picture). I want to be able to mount it to the back or side of my bench but I don't want something that sits on the bench.

I've checked out Sears and Cummins and I surfed Lowe's website but I still haven't found anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darren

post-6381-1171664661.jpg

That sounds pretty cool but I need something that will light up my bench so I can see during cleaning, filing, etc. Here's my bench:

IMG_3489a.jpg

There was a "you-tube" video a gentleman did about his Lee loadmaster (?) press... He installed a LED light over one of the stations.... I E-mailed him on how he did it (Battery or wall powered), but never heard back...

Anyone have an idea?

Billy

Flourescent lighting is the best if you are looking to light your entire work area. The small flexible lamps are good to use to focus the light on the reloading shell plate. Do you have a way to hang a 4" double tube flourescent fixture? Lowe's has the models that plug directly into a outlet instead of direct wire. By the way, Lowe's is the BEST place to buy!

Randal

Bob beat me to it, but I got pictures!! :P

post-6763-1171672275.jpg

post-6763-1171672342.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

I have an old luxo-style lamp on a custom base. Works pretty well and I can move if around from close up while loading to wide-area for other stuff.

I've not found a good LED lamp that plugs into the wall yet.

Thanks for the help guys. I agree that hanging a light above would be best but I was trying to avoid having to run more wires and install a new breaker. I know they also make them with a plug-in, however, I'd have to run the wire up to the ceiling (from the hanging light), then over to the wall and down the wall to the wall socket. This is why I was looking for something that would clamp to the table. One of these below may just do the job.

Thanks again guys,

Darren

820909422419md.jpg

standard1_2_3a.jpg

Here is my set-up. I got the lamp at Walmart for $7.95- works great with a 40w bulb.

SDB3.jpg

SDB4.jpg

Walmart has the longer clamp on style to like 15 bucks I think.

Hey Rocket I like the dog food bullet dispenser LOL.

Would never thought that

I have a similar lamp.

pet food dispenser......

Thanks for the crazy cool Idea. I might use it for brass and bullets!