Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Rear Sight To Go With?

SSDriver

ok I have a SA trophy match that came with the factory target sights(Novak rear cut). I just ordered the Dawson front fiber optic. The rear has a factory adjustible and seems to work fine but is all black. I ordered(not here yet) the front sight so I could see it better in low lit indoor ranges and outdoors. Should I change the rear to something with white dots or fiber optics??? What works best for most of you and please keep in mind I want to use it in IDPA. Thanks

-William

ok I have a SA trophy match that came with the factory target sights(Novak rear cut). I just ordered the Dawson front fiber optic. The rear has a factory adjustible and seems to work fine but is all black. I ordered(not here yet) the front sight so I could see it better in low lit indoor ranges and outdoors. Should I change the rear to something with white dots or fiber optics??? What works best for most of you and please keep in mind I want to use it in IDPA. Thanks

-William

Go shoot it the way it is and see how you like it. Quite a few people, including me, like a pain black rear sight with a FO front.

Lee

All those extra dots will just confuse you. Generally in IDPA if you use your sights at all it'll pretty much just be your front. as long as your rear sight is durabel, will zero and has a wide enough notch to match u with the front your not gonna get much better. for total darness matches I'll dab some luminious paint in the center bottom of notch.

-William

I'd go with all black rear sites. Getting the fiber optic rears Could get confusing with quick site pictures. Having only 1 fiber optic site jumping out at you is much better than having 3....

Ok I just intalled the front FO sight. I have the factory all black adj. in the rear an must say wow. So far just with dryfire prictice even with dark backgrounds theres a noticeble speed difference from target to target. Now I just need to test out my Pact mkIV that came today as well :) Thanks for all the input guys.

-William

• 2 months later...

I'm just posting because I run a Springer Trophy Match too. (A great choice for a competition pistol --- for the price---IMO)

I use a Dawson FO front.. (green for indoors and red for outdoors) and filed the sharp corners off the rear sights that came on the TM ....and find that to be a great set up. There is no reason to replace the factory rear sights... if you are willing to spend 5 minutes improving the ones that came on the gun..

Rounding off the corners is a good idea since unlike Bo_Mars.. the Springer rear sights have VERY sharp edges and tore holes in several shiirts and my hands a dozen times before I broke out the file... Then just cold blue the areas you trim.

Good Luck