Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Application

Hello everyone,

Sorry about the delay, but apparently our web guy has been overly busy. You can visit the link below to print your Nationals Application. We hope to have a link from our website soon.

I'm working on the prize table myself...with a little help. So, if the table stinks, you'll know who to blame! The last Prize match I handled was the 2001 Area 8 Championship, and we had more prizes than shooters! What a great problem! Hopefully we'll be able to repeat that this year at the 3-gun.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Phil Strader

Director of Competitions

www.usshooitngacademy.com

MULTI-GUN NATIONALS match application

Edited by gmshtr

Hello everyone,

Sorry about the delay, but apparently our web guy has been overly busy. You can visit the link below to print your Nationals Application. We hope to have a link from our website soon.

I'm working on the prize table myself...with a little help. So, if the table stinks, you'll know who to blame! The last Prize match I handled was the 2001 Area 8 Championship, and we had more prizes than shooters! What a great problem! Hopefully we'll be able to repeat that this year at the 3-gun.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Phil Strader

Director of Competitions

www.usshooitngacademy.com

MULTI-GUN NATIONALS match application

Phil,

PMed you a question.

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to hold an MOR side match. We just don't have a long enough bay to make it worth while.

As far as the HM category, here's the deal:

Rifles - Iron Sights only, minimum .30 cal, and 20 round magazine limit

Shotguns - Iron Sights only, 12 ga, 8 rounds max in the tube.

Pistols - Iron Sights only, .44 caliber minimum with 10 rounds max in magazines.

HM will be a category within Limited. I can't say for sure this early, but competitors can still expect prizes in HM. My sponsor contact list is up to 63 potentials, which have all had letters and FFL's (when applicable) sent out today.

We don't have an official match hotel picked as of right now. As soon as I get that squared away, I'll post it here, on the USPSA website, and on www.usshootingacademy.com.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me.

Thanks,

Phil Strader

philstrader@usshootingacademy.com

Edited by gmshtr

phil....thanks for the info on HM.

As for shotgun......pump or semi......if both scored separately?

As for rifle....is that 20rds in magazine only (like pistol limit) or actual 20rd mags can only be used? just curious.

thanks

Edited by Helmut

No problem.

Semi-auto shotgun is allowed, and will not be scored separately from Pump-guns. I'm not even sure the scoring program COULD do that. Either way, I'm 95% sure that everyone's HM shotgun scores will be scored with Limited.

I'm not aware of any mag length restrictions on HM, so as long as there aren't more than 20 rounds in the magazine, I'm cool with it. I really don't think anyone's going to try and fudge that just to shoot in Open!

Thanks,

Phil

Hello fellow shooters,

After some contact from past competitors and USPSA, I've decided to make a change to the HEAVY METAL category.

The only change will be to the Shotguns used in HM. They will be restricted to Pump Actions only with 8 rounds maximum loaded in the magazine (tube).

The rifle and pistol rules will stay the same. (Iron Sighted Rifle w/ 20rd mag limit & .44 minimum Handgun caliber with 10rd mag limit)

Sorry for the change, but there's plenty of time to adjust!

Please call or email with any questions.

Phil Strader

(918) 592-4348

philstrader@usshootingacademy.com

i guess that will given a little more time to work on my M2 I ordered on friday. oh well....i will just have to knock the dust off the throw down pump in the closet.

yes phil....pumps are more manly.......that just did not come out right, did it....LOL......i am sure mell can relate

Edited by Helmut

THREAD DRIFT? :blink:

I'll make the appropriate changes.

Also, I'm pleased to announce we have our two match sponsors: Armalite and Sabre Defense!

This will sure to be one serious prize table. Send your applications in soon...don't delay!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Phil are we going to be shooting on thursday, Oct 7th? or that day is just for registration? Do you have an idea on what time do we start shooting? And what time everything including prize table, awards, results etc... be over on Sunday?

I would like to book my flights.

Which is the closest major airport from the range and how far of a drive is it?

Thanks

Ron

is there any restriction on the application? do you need an invitation or is it open to anyone?

I believe that anyone can shoot as long as you have the guns and gear. I sent my application last week. You just have to figure out which division you want to shoot and send them a check.

Chris C.