Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Summer Blast

slflr

I'll be there working and shooting Revo :) Heck the reason I'm shooting revolver is because of watching you guys have so much fun at the match last year. I'm even thinking about getting me a kilt ;)

~John

Make that 15 . . . Staff tends to be a bit late getting info to me. :( This means you (Gary, John, Jeff & other MI shooters).

And please don't tell me about some other match keeping you busy. . . with SC State a week away, Targeting Education in May & Summer Blast in July, I'm not likely to be very sympathetic. <_<

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

Sorry Linda, :wub: I'll put mine in the mail today, I promise ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there working and shooting Revo :) Heck the reason I'm shooting revolver is because of watching you guys have so much fun at the match last year. I'm even thinking about getting me a kilt ;)

~John

I'll be working as an RO, for the whole match, Shot a revo last year and every other round was click, bang. Winchester primers! learned my lesson. this year i'll be shooting open because my gun will be at Randy Lee's shop. But I'll at least get to watch the revolver squad as they come through the stage i'll be working.

~John

I'll be working as an RO, for the whole match, Shot a revo last year and every other round was click, bang. Winchester primers! learned my lesson. this year i'll be shooting open because my gun will be at Randy Lee's shop. But I'll at least get to watch the revolver squad as they come through the stage i'll be working.

Open....even Sam didn't fall that far off the wagon.

OK Cliff, I understand you have a new Limited Autoloader so just make sure you have your seatbelt tight !!!! :P

Looks like for now this match is the leader in attendance, Kansas is most likely more but it isn't self squadding so who's to know?

Open? Well at least he's shooting something! :wacko:

Hopalong

OK Cliff, I understand you have a new Limited Autoloader so just make sure you have your seatbelt tight !!!! :P

Looks like for now this match is the leader in attendance, Kansas is most likely more but it isn't self squadding so who's to know?

Hopalong

I haven't got it yet...but it's coming.

We going to squad together at the nationals....on the limited squad????

Well I hadn't thought of it since I figured you'd shoot Revo...............I guess since you are automaticly a MASTER in Limited you can let Chad KICK YOUR ASS !!! Don't worry, he'll enjoy it. ;) I made him feel really bad about missing last year so he promised me he'd be back but he said I couldn't squad up with you as you're a bad influence! :lol:

Bring it to the TN section and we'll make all kinds of fun of each other.

See ya enjoy the toy, but remember who brought you to the dance.

Hop

• 2 weeks later...

Sending in my application today. Couldn't commit until now because of work schedule questions [and available vacation time]. Of course, only Fri slots are open now, so I'm signing up for Fri PM.

We'll see if there's any squads with other revo shooters available.

I hope my entry pushes us over 20 shooters.

• 2 months later...

My plans don't allow for much socializing. I'm driving in from Pittsburgh Fri morning, shooting the Fri afternoon session, and returning to Pittsburgh after that.

I've got to be back in Pittsburgh Saturday for an all-day picnic with my karate organization.

I'll be there shooting on Saturday afternoon....

Me too. I'll be all about the beer Sat night. I'm staying at the match hotel. Where is everyone else ???

ps. buy your beer before you get to PA, it will save you a lot of hassle.

Cliff

WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT?

And you were giving me a hard time at Georgia State for shooting my bottom feeder. :ph34r:

Oh well I reckon we'll both go to the darkside.

Hopalong

I haven't got it yet...but it's coming.

We going to squad together at the nationals....on the limited squad????

Okay! As of today, 20 Revo shooters are registered for Summer Blast!! I had 22 at one point, but 3 dropped out in the last 2 weeks so that we were at 19 & I was seriously annoyed.

Yesterday, a Limited division shooter from Michigan switched to Revolver Division and we will now be awarding Nationals slots for 2008 to the top 3 Revo shooters! :wub:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

Sorry I've been so quiet on this forum lately. We have over 330 shooters in Summer Blast & it is keeping me busy. Plus, some of you may have heard, I am running for office . . . (Insert shameless plug here :devil: ).

Edited by LChico

Well i guess its official now so i better start looking for my round gun and accessories

O and load up some moon clips

and try to remember how to shoot the round gun

i found my smith and wesson hat `so i am half way there

Steve

I shot the Summer Blast on Friday PM. It was my first major match with my revolver, and I tanked it... :wacko:

On "Around the Silo" A loose sideplate screw on my gun made the cylinder crane slide forward and jammed me up. (usually it's the loose screw behind the gun that's responsible for my screw ups...) So that's what blue Locktite is for... Duh!

Then I zeroed the classifier "Madness" (Not the most revo friendly COF in the classifier book, BTW) because I didn't realize I'd have to reload four times to shoot 14 targets - and picked up 5 procedurals...

With two stages zeroed, I guess first place is safe for someone else!

I'll take consolation in the fact that, when it's all said and done, I'll still beat a few people shooting open with my "peculiar round" gun :P

Of course, a bad day shooting USPSA is still better than a good day of almost anything else! :lol:

Thanks to Larry Houck and Linda Chico for putting on a first rate match. Also thanks to the super professional (as always) RO staff and all the behind the scenes people who bust their butts to make these matches run.

Erik Forry

TY45668

Congrats to Mike Carmoney for winning the Summer Blast, edging out Cliff Walsh and Gary Cuttitta. [All comments based on the preliminary "final" results that just got posted about 15 minutes ago, about 1 AM DST.]

Thanks to all for getting the revo shooter attendance officially up to 20 shooters, so that those top three finishers get slots for next year's nationals.

In other outstanding results, Sam Carmoney was Top B Class [of 7 shooters]. Top [and only] Junior, and finished 5th overall.

I thought it was a great match. When I shot it Friday afternoon, the weather was sunny, but lots of tree shading kept it from being oppressively hot. And 5 stages with the maximum 32 rounds gave me lots of reloading practice.