Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Public Challenge (again)

hopalong

OK....Next question....is it a good match.....Compared to Steel Challenge or the IRC or Bianchi....remember, I haven't been to one, and if Hop has to give away guns, just to get people to shoot, I have to wonder.

Mark :rolleyes:

From an overall standpoint the IRC is top of the line. It has good shooting, a great setting, fantantastic location , has a better prize table, and is just downright fun.

The Nationals has better stages, more challenging courses of fire, and a great new range in Tulsa with easy access compared to before.

Do I need to be classified?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Win your Division (with 20+ attending that match) at any Level III Match. Area Champs, Mississippi Classic, etc...

2) Win one thru a Club/Section. Each Section gets a # of Slots as per their Mission Count (1 shooter in 1 match=1 Count or x2 if a classifier). So many Counts= so many Slots. It's up to the Section to determine the method of distribution. Either to individual clubs or thru a Section Point Match Series. They must follow their procedure as stated in Their By-Laws.

3) Sign up on the Wait List and pay $25 extra if you get there.

4) Beg the President of USPSA who has 20 Slots to give out.

5) Oh yea, you can like win the previous years Nationals, I think it even goes down thru the top 16.

It is always best to plan a year in advance to try and score one for the next year.

or 6) Show up at the match and get in the no-show standby line. There are always last-minute no-shows. Robbie got into the Tulsa Nationals last year that way.

I didn't know about that last year. Maybe it's one of the reasons the BOD gave the Pres 20 Slots to give out at his discretion. Another would be foreign competitors.

You don't have to be classified Pinshooter, but if you can find a "Special Classifier" Match (with 4-6 classifiers) in the next month it would get you in there. You do have to be a USPSA member.

It's been a few years since, but it was always a good match. Prizes may or may not equal a Bianchi. Probably won't equal a Steel Challenge nor an IRC.

BTW how's little Pin doing? Do you have time to practice yet?

Actually, the prize table for Revo division was excellent last year, and a nice improvement over previous years. I've shot most of the majors, and in my view, the USPSA Revolver Nationals is the most challenging. And I mean that in a good way.

Hi guys,

Little Pin is doing very well indeed, and thanks for asking. Unfortunately my wife needed some surgery, so practise time is scarce, but she is well on the road to recovery, and it is time to get the wheelguns out again and start playing. I have only just picked up a 625, and to my disgust, when I went to add my Apex hammer, discovered that not all guns are created equal. So I still need to do some work there. I am a member of USPSA, and was just curious what to expect at a USPSA nats, compared to the IPSC Nats that a few of us shot in Australia a few years back with revolvers. I am going to find out if my club has any slots allocated, and go from there. It sounds like lots of fun, and time away from the desk, and on the range is always more fun than working.

Do the revolver guys get squadded together?

Mark

Mark,

Try to come if you can. They will squad us however we want. Last year we had 3 whole revo squads and a few others who shot with their local pals. It is a good time and with half day schedules there is plenty of time for beer. We always have a great time.

Cliff

Mark,

Try to come if you can. They will squad us however we want. Last year we had 3 whole revo squads and a few others who shot with their local pals. It is a good time and with half day schedules there is plenty of time for beer. We always have a great time.

Cliff

Beer you say.....Mmmmmmmm.......this is sounding more interesting all the time. If I can get a slot Cliff, it would be a pleasure to shoot with you again, except, I expect to have my ass kicked since you guys won't allow me to shoot a dot sighted gun.

L8er

Mark

:closedeyes:

You can shoot a dot-sighted gun. You'll just be the only Open shooter at the non-Open Nats, and we'll make even more fun of you for not beating us with your dot gun.

MMMM, beer. :cheers:

"we'll make even more fun of you for not beating us with your dot gun."

Oooohhhhhh....... :unsure:

Pat,

Take it easy on Mark, He's new to the states and all...................

I don't think he realizes that real MEN shoot Major and Iron sighted Revolvers !!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You also have to think, he did locate into Kentucky. :blink:

Mark, go ahead and get on the list. It will likely be full up but you never know.

If all else fails, take the time off from work and go anyway with all your gear. be waiting in line at the registration on the day of, if you don't get in stick around and watch and see what a USPSA nationals is like.

Hopalong

Hop,

Watching other people shoot is a little to kinky for me. Remember I moved to Kentucky, I am not from Kentucky. I have still got a coulpe cards up my sleeve, so it's is not over yet....

BTW...what is "Major factor" are we expected to dress in military attire for the match? <_<

L8er

Mark

Hop,

Watching other people shoot is a little to kinky for me. Remember I moved to Kentucky, I am not from Kentucky. I have still got a coulpe cards up my sleeve, so it's is not over yet....

BTW...what is "Major factor" are we expected to dress in military attire for the match? <_<

L8er

Mark

Drum Major look ala Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Band. We be the loneliest band of brothers at the range!

Dressed like that, we'd attract a crowd. The wrong crowd, but a crowd none the less.

Major: your bullet weight in grains, times your velocity in feet per second, must exceed 165,000. A 230 grain bullet thus needs to go faster than 718 fps to make Major and get the scoring boost major provides.

Dressed like that, we'd attract a crowd. The wrong crowd, but a crowd none the less.

Major: your bullet weight in grains, times your velocity in feet per second, must exceed 165,000. A 230 grain bullet thus needs to go faster than 718 fps to make Major and get the scoring boost major provides.

Wouldn't that be a loud and Recoiling Load? :blink:

The measuring system I detailed is called the Power Factor. Most factory .45 ACP 230 hardball loads have a PF in the 185,000 or higher range. (800 fps gets you a 184PF)

In USPSA, to score Minor you need to exceed 125PF. To score Major you need to exceed 165. Once you make those thresholds, you do not get more score for more power. Thus most shooters load their ammo to exceed the threshold by the smallest statistically-allowable margin.

Since everyone who shoots Revolver shoots Major, shooting Minor (less score) is not fun at all.

The measuring system I detailed is called the Power Factor. Most factory .45 ACP 230 hardball loads have a PF in the 185,000 or higher range. (800 fps gets you a 184PF)

In USPSA, to score Minor you need to exceed 125PF. To score Major you need to exceed 165. Once you make those thresholds, you do not get more score for more power. Thus most shooters load their ammo to exceed the threshold by the smallest statistically-allowable margin.

Since everyone who shoots Revolver shoots Major, shooting Minor (less score) is not fun at all.

Come on Mark if you will shoot minor I will too.... :ph34r: . Since When I'm shooting Major I'm actually shooting minor anyway.

Yea Mark I don't know as if you've got the size to shoot Major. And the next time I reach up to shake your hand, don't pat me on the head!

You know Pinshooter, when the buzzer goes off you won't know what the recoil is like. And heck we all probably lost our hearing many moons ago.

I am suprised you know that equation Patrick. If I rember correctly didn't you shoot some 194PF stuff a few years back.

All right, I will give it a go.....I still think it will be loud. <_<

As for you Bubber.........I am stumped....Major is Minor?????????????Minor is Major???????????? :blink:

I don't play ming games........or do I........? :ph34r:

I thank ya do. Jes member to practis yor "Thank ya'll speech." Ya'lls from Kantucky now... :ph34r:

Yes, I shot a Major load at 193PF, not once, but twice. (That should give you some idea of how nice a load a 165 is, Pinshooter.)

In both cases I could not use reloads (different reasons each time) and the result was not pretty. At least I knew that there would not be any quesiton of steel hits going down.