Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Bolt Carrier Lightening

stockton

Stockton,

Just an example. Before lightening the bolt my Benelli would not reliably handle anything under 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz. loads. Now handles lighter loads without malfunction. My son shoots a Rem. 1100, shot one round ( a light one at that) out of my Benelli and told me to keep it, he didn't want to shoot it anymore. Too much recoil. Now with the bolt lightened the felt recoil is reduced a LOT.

Well worth the trouble.

Soften recoil, faster cycling & better feeding as the bolt is moveing faster.

Cool. So, any discounts for doing two. I'd also be interested in a welded up lifter. How much total?

Also, are you a Meopta distributor?

I have one of Benny's lightened Benellis. Agree with above. It functions reliably with one ounce loads, I haven't beeen able to outrun the trigger. I'd have to do a side by side comparison to comment on recoil (but then I've never thought of the Benelli as hard recoiling in the first place).

Soften recoil, faster cycling & better feeding as the bolt is moveing faster.

Cool. So, any discounts for doing two. I'd also be interested in a welded up lifter. How much total?

Also, are you a Meopta distributor?

Scott

Call the shop on Monday and discuss your needs. :)

361-241-1091

I have one of Benny's lightened Benellis. Agree with above. It functions reliably with one ounce loads, I haven't beeen able to outrun the trigger. I'd have to do a side by side comparison to comment on recoil (but then I've never thought of the Benelli as hard recoiling in the first place).

+1 !

Anyone have pics of a bolt lightened by Benny ??? Does it change the appearance of the visible portion of the bolt when it is closed..???

I found a pic of a lightened bolt (see attachment) and I wondered if this was similar to what Benny does.....

Thanks

post-3426-1171238200.jpg

Edited by STInky

Anyone have pics of a bolt lightened by Benny ??? Does it change the appearance of the visible portion of the bolt when it is closed..???

The mods are not visible with the bolt open or closed. :)

Merlin must have spent too long at Hooters this afternoon, or he is thinking about the lifter mod. On the guns with the lightened bolt the right side of the bolt carrier is milled off flat.-------Larry

FWIW, I did not care for the lightened bolt option. While the lightened bolt does allow the Benelli to run some softer ammunition, the increased bolt speed felt like it hit me harder in the shoulder.

If possible, I would recommend that you shoot a lightened BC next to a standard setup and then decide if it's for you.

If you decide the lightened BC is the way to go, then contact Benny. He's been a pioneer in advocating and running a lightened BC setup. He will reduce the BC properly so it won't crack on you.

Erik