Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wierd Thing Happend Today

Chris Conley

Wierd thing happend to me this morning while my wife and I were taking vitamins. This is hard to remember and explain so I will be brief. My wife dropped her glass and I caught it before it hit the sink. I don't know how to explain or how I did it but it happend. You all should have see the look on her face. I told her that all that dry fire practice this winter was good for something. Really makes you feel spooky when something like that happends. See you guys at the range.

Chris C.

Interesting! That reminds me of a recent experience. I was talked into joining an "ultimate disc" league with some co-workers. If you don't know what this is, it's a game involving a Frisbee, cleats (needed 'em anyway, for shooting) and sprinting up and down a soccer field with kids half your age, until you throw up.

For *sure* I could tell I was seeing differently. Also -- there is a rule: once you can't "travel" with the disc, and have 10 seconds to throw it before it's a turnover. Man -- that 10 seconds was an *eternity*. I can definately relate those two observations to practice and practical shooting.

What kind of vitamins??

I think I need some of those.

<_< + 1

<_< so how big was the glass? Was it plastic or glass? <_< how tall is she? ?????Was she on your stong side? ..cuze my wife is normaly on my week side. <_<

:D;)

No realy way to go - "The Power To The Shooter"

What kind of vitamins??

I think I need some of those.

<_< + 1

<_< so how big was the glass? Was it plastic or glass? <_< how tall is she? ?????Was she on your stong side? ..cuze my wife is normaly on my week side. <_<

:D;)

No realy way to go - "The Power To The Shooter"

My wife was on my weak side, she is 5'7" tall, caught plastic glass with strong hand and still got water everywhere. Vitamin wise I take some stuff i got at GNC called Mass Cycle for woking out and GNC Mega Men multi and drink alot of water. We stand there every morning and watch the birds in the back yard. I like watching the Robins, for they are the warriors of all the birds. It's 16 outside this morning, off to the range.

Chris C.

Now you are ready for next a lesson. You must now catch glass before it is dropped while walking on rice a paper. :unsure:

Since I started studying karate those sorts of things happen quite often. It's pretty cool. One of my favorite side bennifits.

• 4 weeks later...

Long ago I was carrying a tray of tall plastic glasses from the dishwasher in a commercial kitchen to the storage closet. One fell off and somehow without looking, I just reached down and caught it as it bounced off the floor. There was another guy there not watching, but he heard the hit, and then not the expected clatter afterwards (dropping cups was relatively common), and couldn't believe I'd caught it. I couldn't either, but there it was in my hand..

This is all operating from the subconscious, without the conscious mind interfering. Think how you'd shoot if you could do it solely in that instinctual, unimpeded mode of being?? ;)

I keep finding myself doing stuff like that - I get off on it. Not spooky to me, at this point, though the first couple of times I was pretty impressed. Just shows me how aware I'm becoming about my body and surroundings, and the cool things I'm actually capable of doing when I let myself... ;)

Edited by XRe

It just goes to show us what we CAN do when called upon to do so in even a small urgency. It happened to me just the other day... something decided to get knocked off the kitchen countertop and one of my hands (I forget which--it was happening pretty fast) just reached right out almost without looking(!) and grabbed the thing. It even took me by surprise a little. But it felt good. B) The arm felt a little like one of those amphibian tongues that lash out and grab the unsuspecting insect.......

• 1 month later...

xre got it right.

Conscious mind: You need to catch that glass. (i don't care how you do it, just do it)

Subconscious: You heard the man, catch that glass.

Subconscious skill: please wait a fraction of a percentage of a millisecond while we access the full range of experience, speed, dexterity, coordination and agility to accomplish your task.

Ok, no problem.

Self image, as Rob Schneider from "the waterboy": You can doooo eet!

Conscious, taking full credit with glass in hand: I'm awesome!

Subconscious: Whatever, I gotta get back to work keeping you alive and balanced on two legs. Lemme know if his highness needs anything else. And by the way, if you'd let ME shoot, you'd be even cooler.

:)

SA

Edited by Steve Anderson