Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Word "tactical" On Everything!

G-ManBart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current crop of colored guns, the best ad I saw was from HK. They had their frames available in TAUPE! Yes that's what they called it. For some reason some people get all pissy when I correct them and tell them it's not tan. It's taupe. I guess taupe isn't tactical enough.

Have you ever been out shooting, and some guy will show up dressed in all camo or black

stuff,

He always seems to have some kind of AR15 with every kind of crap money can buy, bolted onto this thing redy mags jungle clips 4 flashlights ,two (tac) fore handles ,barrel shroud, cheek piece bipod, two lasers, 6 accessory rails. spare battery packs,dual scope mounts, m37grenade launcher tactical sling, blah blah blah. :blink:

If you can think it up...some moron will buy it. :D

It seems that for some people,, every item they can add to thier fire arm ....adds inches to thier short arm. :o:D

Jim

Have you ever been out shooting, and some guy will show up dressed in all camo or black

stuff,

He always seems to have some kind of AR15 with every kind of crap money can buy, bolted onto this thing redy mags jungle clips 4 flashlights ,two (tac) fore handles ,barrel shroud, cheek piece bipod, two lasers, 6 accessory rails. spare battery packs,dual scope mounts, m37grenade launcher tactical sling, blah blah blah. :blink:

If you can think it up...some moron will buy it. :D

It seems that for some people,, every item they can add to thier fire arm ....adds inches to thier short arm. :o:D

Jim

:o You mean that guy WASN'T with the special forces in "an undisclosed area" that he can't talk about because it's "Classified"? :ph34r:

Those guys are hilarious. Gotta get all camoed up, load bearing vest, and every tactical gear you can imagine, then they shoot off the bench with sandbags and still can't hit the side of the barn if they were standing inside.

It would be funny to call out for everyone to commence fire at the range when they are downrange setting up targets. Then apologize for not being able to spot them downrange because they blended in with the surrounding.

It would be funny to call out for everyone to commence fire at the range when they are downrange setting up targets. Then apologize for not being able to spot them downrange because they blended in with the surrounding.

Wow....funny? :huh: I shoot with a few guys who still wear their service togs...nice guys even with camo on... ;)

LMAO!!!

Sorry to say but I have had that very thought.

As for all that junk, anyone who has ever had to carry it for real, along with a ruck that may weigh as much as the person carrying it looses all the worthless crap they can.

With the current crop of colored guns, the best ad I saw was from HK. They had their frames available in TAUPE! Yes that's what they called it. For some reason some people get all pissy when I correct them and tell them it's not tan. It's taupe. I guess taupe isn't tactical enough.

You mean like this??

87.jpg

LMAO!!!

Sorry to say but I have had that very thought.

As for all that junk, anyone who has ever had to carry it for real, along with a ruck that may weigh as much as the person carrying it looses all the worthless crap they can.

Truer words never said. I did a ground mission last week and showed up wearing the IBA that they made me wear (although I took off certain parts of it), my aid bag and only 4 extra mags (instead of six). They asked where my IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) was at, I pointed at the aid bag. They asked where my other two mags were at (pointed at the aid bag), they said what if I lose my aid bag and responded, "I'm your medic and without it, I'm not, so if you see me, you'll see the bag...period".

The point is that most of these guys have never humped this crap for real for a long period of time. It's just annoying.

That said, there's a dude at my home range that has some ultra-tac'ed out M1A's (he calls them M14's...I remind him that this is still California and he gets deflated). Talks crap about everyone and their abilities and off bags and bipods can't hit a 1" group at 25 yards.

Shoot first, look cool second.

Rich

You mean like this??

87.jpg

As Harmon would say, "That sure is a pretty Glock"

"Talks crap about everyone and their abilities and off bags and bipods can't hit a 1" group at 25 yards."

LOL...how true! I recall going to a match one time where there was a 100yd range pretty close to the pistol bays. They had a steel gong set up at about 20yds on the 100yd range. They had another gong at 100yds (18" x 18"). Most people would go over there and shoot a magazine or two through their guns at the close gong as a function check before the match. I walked over there and this guy was set up with a Rem 700P (or similar) in .308 with a big scope, bipod and butt sandbag. His girlfriend and buddy were watching him shoot from a bench behind the line. This dork was shooting at an 18" square gong with that rig! What's more, he was proud of it.

I sort of chuckled to myself, loaded up my .45 and holstered. Drew, put one round on the 100yd gong freestyle, reholstered, drew, put one round on the same gong strong hand, holstered, drew, switched hands and put one round on the same gong weak hand. I calmly popped the mag, cleared, holstered and gave them a quick smile and a shrug and walked away. They were just looking at me in disbelief. Too funny. Later on that day I went back and only hit the gong about half the time weak hand so there was a little luck involved, but it did prove a point...

theknightoflight, that's a PhotoShop right?

RIGHT?!?!

Negative Ghost Bender! This is as real as the girl that owns it.

Like that gunbelt??

The mags and the base pads do not match!!! I am calling fashion police. :D

Negative Ghost Bender! This is as real as the girl that owns it.

Like that gunbelt??

Hey man...you gotta find your style and roll with it :D

I am impressed at the lengths of this particular young ladies fashion...

The applications of adding "tactical" to the names of ordinary things just doesn't stop with a dramatic rise in sales. Some of you may not know that three years ago, I had the ancient Tibetan Sanskrit word for tactical tattooed onto my right wrist, and in one week made GM in all divisions! After feeling as if I had cheated, I had the prefix un- added to the mystical incantation placed on my body...pronounced "stes-te".

222.jpg

Since then, I have started all over from unclassified. Let me tell you that without the assistance of tactical, the climb has been infinitely difficult :angry:

Why do you have to make me laugh like that. I mean it hurts.