Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Section Championship

For those of you who have attended our match before expect more of the same - challenging, well-designed stages and a smoothly run match. The location is new - Riley Conservation Club in Riley, IN, just outside of Terre Haute. For our friends in Michigan and Ohio and other points north and east, this means a longer drive. Hope this does not dissuade you from attending. However, for our friends in Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, etc., the drive will be shorter!

We will be continuing the use of the half-day format. Our match will feature at least 8 stages and 150 plus rounds. It will be a trophy match with plans for a substantial prize table. Match fee will be $85 (juniors $45) including T-shirt.

Details and a match application can be found here. As more details become available (match hotel, stage descriptions, etc.) they will be added to the website.

Edited by davidball

Thanks for the update...honey.

:)

You know, most of the time having a wife who is into shooting is a GREAT thing. But every once in a while it kinda bites you in the ars . . .

I will be there!!! B)

Outstanding!

Well Dave...Looks like I can quit my bitching about you moving the match 3 hours further away...I'll just stow-away in Matt's trunk...Gonna be tight, but I'll make it work for a free ride!!! :D

Well Dave...Looks like I can quit my bitching about you moving the match 3 hours further away...I'll just stow-away in Matt's trunk...Gonna be tight, but I'll make it work for a free ride!!! :D

Bring the new gun with you and you can make it a "conjugal" ride . . . :)

Ouch.... You just made it a 2 day trip and took me out.

Maybe next year.

Good luck.

Sorry you can't make it . . . maybe "MissouriShootist" will fill your slot. :)

Well the hotel accomidations in Terre were soooooo nice last year, I can't imagine missing the 07 match!

Jane still owes you for the shooting seminar you guys held . . . :)

This match is going to rock! The range is getting a face lift this winter which will provide some excellent new bays to shoot in. Jake M. is "the man" when it comes to prize tables. You won't want to miss that. As far as I know Rhino will be there keeping score. I'll be there as an RO. I'm even planning on using my overlay correctly (no hard feelings Jake Divita ;) ) We are blessed to have a lot of people contributing to the success of this match. It's going to be Indiana at it's best. My HONEY :wub: is already losing sleep over this thing which means he will use all his anal retentive characteristics to make it successful. You won't want to miss it. I'm still working on a roller coaster stage for the match...but I'm not getting very far with Mr. Ball. <_<

I'm still working on a roller coaster stage for the match

Now that would be sweet!

C'mon Dave, you know you want to... B)

Oh, I do! But building and debugging the thing AND performing match director duties . . . maybe too much for my simple mind.

But yet I am tempted . . .

I'm still working on a roller coaster stage for the match

Now that would be sweet!

C'mon Dave, you know you want to... B)

Oh, I do! But building and debugging the thing AND performing match director duties . . . maybe too much for my simple mind.

But yet I am tempted . . .

Hey Dave,

I shot the one thay had at Area 2 in Arizona this year, and even took some photos that might be helpful (up close of the cart, braking system and track). They said it took 4 guys 6 days to build it from start to finish. It was the "crown jewel" of their match. They thought of everything including a pull rope that you could pull yourself back up if you wanted to re-engage, so the targets weren't "dissappearing targets". Never mind that it would have taken you an eon to do so... <_< Anyway, total cost for their project was around $3000 (I figured it out). For that price, I'd pull some strings and try to "borrow" theirs. Heck, somebody ( or a shipping truck) could bring it up and take it back for half the cost of building it...Just a thought. Email The LaMarcas down there if you want. Their email is on the Area 2 Desert Classic webpage. Besides, you need a reason to go down there and shoot a Tuesday Night Steel with Jane anyway. It wouldn't be a tough sell I'm sure...Jane would play along in a heartbeat! :)

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

Despite Jeff's excellent attempt to convince me (4 guys 6 days to build, $3,000, :o ) a coaster probably won't happen this year. We have bulldozing to do in addition to normal match preparation. Some of you may recall the Silverado stage we had at our match in 2004 with the double mover and elaborate saloon design. I spent half a summer perfecting the device and building the saloon, so I have an idea of what such a stage entails. We will, however, promise great stages sans roller coaster.

I am in for sure. Maybe I will bring the wife :)

What wife? All we've seen is a picture that looks like it came with the frame! :lol:

Dave, I'm sure it will be good. Maybe you could just put a red wagon on a hill. Would make for some entertaining pictures for Front Sight. :ph34r: