Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fast Fire Reddot

Adam B

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks identical to the Doctor and is half the price and has a on/off switch.

Had this thing been $115, which is half of a Doctor, I would have ordered it this morning. I think that I'm going to get the Doctor clone which is half the price.

Dr. Clone

Wherever you are getting Docters for $230, I'll take a dozen. Current retail is $398,

then send it off to be bulletproofed.

Emailed Burris about the availability of a larger dot, compatibility with the Docter mount pattern, and durability. Got the following reply:

The dot size on the FastFire can not be modified at this time. The unit will fit any current Docter mounts and should attach directly to your custom system. A distributor/dealer on the east cost just purchased 100 units after they tested the unit on various handguns and 100 rounds of a .416 Rigby rifle. The FastFire unit is built as durable as possible and should work very well in IPSC competitions.

Thank you,

Burris Company

Wherever you are getting Docters for $230, I'll take a dozen. Current retail is $398,

Sorry. That was for a JP Enterprises Sight. For sh!ts sake, I thought the C-More was expensive.

No kidding. Optic prices can get nasty. CDNN had c-mores for $149 a couple of weeks ago. I know several people that jumped all over that--including me.

In the small slide mounted optic market---the ones that will or can be made to take the

pounding of a slide mount application on an IPSC Open gun, the list is short and spendy.

Docter---$400 + bulletproofing ( I do my own)

J Point--Cheaper, but plastic lenses. $200+ Not a bad little sight.

Pride/Fowler Special Ops compact. $350. 5moa, always "sold out".

And along comes the Burris---fits Docter mounts, glass lenses, under $200. I'm interested!

I may buy one and hang it on one of my Open Glocks, just to see if it works.

After looking at the Pride-Fowler, then look at the Burris. I would say that they are the same or if not very close as the both have the sensor in front of the optic and the on-off switch on the side. I think the dot sizes are the sam also. With the Prde-Fowler at $350 and the Burris at $200, I think it would be wise to check it out carefully as it may be worthy of replacing the doctor. If you need 1 for your shotgun and another for your rifle in open and maybe a spare for when you least need it, 200 each vs 350 or 398 gets awful attractive.

After looking at the Pride-Fowler, then look at the Burris. I would say that they are the same or if not very close as the both have the sensor in front of the optic and the on-off switch on the side. I think the dot sizes are the sam also. With the Prde-Fowler at $350 and the Burris at $200, I think it would be wise to check it out carefully as it may be worthy of replacing the doctor. If you need 1 for your shotgun and another for your rifle in open and maybe a spare for when you least need it, 200 each vs 350 or 398 gets awful attractive.

I did ask at one time if the Pride/Fowler would directly replace the Docter, and was told that the dowel hole/mount screw locations were different. The Pride/Fowler and Burris

do look VERY similar---they might be from the same supplier, built to slightly different

specs. Sure would be nice if the Burris was available in a 8moa dot size.

Has anybody tried the DR clone sight ?? The price is good..Comes with a weaver mount.. Might be the thing for a long gun or a frame mount on a handgun..Wonder if it can be used with any other mounts,as DR handgun mounts..

Called Cabella to order the Burris sight.. No stock yet,expected delivery is the middle of March as of today.. So I ordered the Dr clone,should work on my 625..Shipped today should have it first of next week..Be interesting to see just what I get..

• 2 months later...

I did get a Burris Fast Fire sight and am pleased with it as far as limited testing goes..Used it on a frame mount as the slide mounts are still not available..It was bright enough in the dim indoor range that has put other sights,Dr clone for one,out of sight..

Speaking of the Dr clone I believe it would be alright on a long gun for outdoor use in normal daylight conditions but that is not relevent here..

The Burris sight adjusted easily and seemed to hold zero during my limited test.,

I think it will work well,time will tell, when I get it mounted for slide ride..

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered one from OpticsPlanet.com from Ebay. When I received the sight, I was happy that it was made of metal and had glass lenses. It felt tough and looked well made.

I was a little worried about the brightness of the 4 MOA dot since I'm used to using a 6 MOA for my C-more. My concern was unfounded because the Burris FastFire's 4 MOA dot is very bright even in the bright, Hawaiian sun. In fact, it's brighter than the Docter sight that I used to have. The FastFire's lense is also sharp and is wider than a Docter. The FastFire's on-off switch is also a nice bonus; it sure beats taking the little cover off and on.

I mounted it on the side mount of my Saiga 12 shotgun. It took just 30 rounds of No. 7.5 shot to get it sighted in. I showed it to my gunsmith friend and he was impressed with the sight's construction, dot brightness and sharpness and wider field of view over the Docter. I then fired 50 more rounds and found it very easy to follow the dot.

Only time and usage will tell whether the FastFire holds up. I paid $185 including shipping for a sight that appears to be just as good as a $400 Docter. Assumming it holds up, the sight is one of my best purchases. I would recommend it.

I just ordered one from OpticsPlanet.com from Ebay. When I received the sight, I was happy that it was made of metal and had glass lenses. It felt tough and looked well made.

I was a little worried about the brightness of the 4 MOA dot since I'm used to using a 6 MOA for my C-more. My concern was unfounded because the Burris FastFire's 4 MOA dot is very bright even in the bright, Hawaiian sun. In fact, it's brighter than the Docter sight that I used to have. The FastFire's lense is also sharp and is wider than a Docter. The FastFire's on-off switch is also a nice bonus; it sure beats taking the little cover off and on.

I mounted it on the side mount of my Saiga 12 shotgun. It took just 30 rounds of No. 7.5 shot to get it sighted in. I showed it to my gunsmith friend and he was impressed with the sight's construction, dot brightness and sharpness and wider field of view over the Docter. I then fired 50 more rounds and found it very easy to follow the dot.

Only time and usage will tell whether the FastFire holds up. I paid $185 including shipping for a sight that appears to be just as good as a $400 Docter. Assumming it holds up, the sight is one of my best purchases. I would recommend it.

How easy would it be to accidentally bump the offswitch and shut it off? That is the only thing I am concerned with. I am wanting to mount one to a 1911 that will be relagated to off duty carry and plinking. I would hate to draw the weapon and find that is had been turned off when I need it the most.