Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fast Fire Reddot

Adam B

I don't believe that it will be easy to switch it off by accident..Was surprised with the brightness when compared with a Docter that the big dot.. My only complaint is the fact that there are no mounts available from Burris..For some reason the delivery dates keep getting pushed forward every month..Burris has not replied to any e-mails about this also..

Other wise I like the sight..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading back through this thread I would like to say that the Dr clone just might work on a long gun in normal light..The distrubitor,Master Blaster, was easy to work with and did offer a refund if it didn't work for me..It didn't for what I wanted and a refund was cheerfully given..They also have other clone sights also..

After reading back through this thread I would like to say that the Dr clone just might work on a long gun in normal light..The distrubitor,Master Blaster, was easy to work with and did offer a refund if it didn't work for me..It didn't for what I wanted and a refund was cheerfully given..They also have other clone sights also..

i have a real docter, and also got a clone just for the helluvit. they are light and day. wierd glass causes distortion if the angle of the sun is just right. also, the led is NOT bright enuf. i even tried running four 2016's-no change to brightness. POS...

Just ordered a Fastfire from SWFA. When I get it I'll put it on the following:

G17 open gun, currently has a melted in Docter 7MOA

Lightened slide, running 172 PF Major 9.

This gun once killed (broke the ribbon wire) a non-bulletproofed 3rd gen

7moa Docter in less than 50 rounds---we will see how the Burris holds up! B)

• 5 weeks later...
Any updates on how they are holding up??

First you have to find one!! Everybody seems to be out of stock. I've got one coming, should

show up by the end of next week. Took a call to Burris to find out where they had shipped some,

then another call from my local retailer to the wholesaler to reserve one that is in transit to the

wholesaler. Medium PITA--but I do want to try one out!

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

So has anyone managed to get one as of late ??? I ordered one and the mount for my new TRP from SWFA. I got a "Backordered" email and now we wait. Bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I screwed up. I found one on Ebay and wouldnt go over $180 for it. I have gone 55 pages deep on yahoo using fastfire as my search and a dozen phone calls later I got nada.

I called earlier and talked to Burris and talked to a guy who is into 3 gun. He said they expect some but have no date on delivery. Yet some of the out of stock places told me they would have them in a couple weeks. I think I will go with the bad news and be bummed that Burris has no idea when they will be here. He did tell me they were making mounts in house at the moment though. Tick-tock,,,, Tick-tok. I may end up going with a Docter if things dont change in a few weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

another thread on these forums a guy said there was a problem with the Burris something about the on-off switch turning its to the off switch with enough recoil. He put silicone in the switch to prevent it. Looks like a good deal and Burris website says it has a lifetime warranty compared to the 2-year warranty of the Docter. Thats something to consider with these problematic sights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just ordered a Burris Fast Fire - 4 MOA -for my L Baer from Optics Planet.

Got the FF and Picat. mount for $176, plus ordered the Bomar/Novak mount for $29; and UPS ground is free. I plan to use it for club shoots in bowling piin, modified bullseye etc. With the Picat. rail I can also put it on my Ruger MII 22/45 for cheap practice, which I need lots of. I've tried new prescription glasses, and my eyes just don't get it done like they used to.

From everything I can tell all three items are in stock - will post a user review after I play with it a bit.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-fastfir...fire-sight.html

I have one on one of my open guns (9x23) and am pleased with it through five local matches and some practice. Previously, I had a J-point on the pistol and (of course) the FF didn't fit the holes machined into the slide. I just laterally opened up the holes in the FF with a small rat-tail file and voila.

I just keep forgetting to turn the damn thing off!!

A-G

Oh yeah. It's a smidgeon longer than the J-Point, so I had to bevel the rear lower edge for the hammer to fully clear.

Edited by All-Gator

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this thread and figured I'd throw my $.02 in. I ordered one for a customer and put it on his Ruger MKIII Hunter. I was very impressed. Nice solid little dot sight. We took it out and I helped him zero it. No problems there. The only thing I did have a problem with is when the sun was 'just so' it but a really nasty orange 'ghost dot' in the upper part of the glass. I didn't notice it but the owner (new to firearms) kept thinking that it was his dot and couldn't hit anything with his new pistol. I tried it, no problems, he tried and still couldn't hit. That's when I realized the 'ghost dot'. Explained it to him and everything was fine. That could cause a problem on the range on a quick target picture.... not sure. I still want to get one and put it on my G22 for pins and possibly IPSC. Just not sure if I want to take the night sites off.

Oh I got the FastFire from SWFA. IIRC it was $165 or so...

• 4 months later...

Has anybody had any problems with the fast fire? I just got one to go on a 22/45 and could not get it zeroed. Groups where around 6 in. at 25 yds. so I took it off and used the iron sights and they tightened down to an inch or so. So I know its not the gun. I backed off the set screws to adjust it, but I couldn't get it to settle down enough to zero it. It also keeps going into "sleep mode". I turn it off and then back on and it goes to working again. Tried to call Burris today and was put on hold for 30 min. twice, so I never spoke to anyone but the lady who answered the phone who wasn't very customer oriented.

I play in Open once in a while with this FastFire set up on my G35. It works. Takes no beating at all mounted like this. Simple, bright and reliable dot. Limited gun one minute, open gun the next.

Jim

SJCConv.jpg

Edited to add...Burris Customer service is iffy. Call and ask for Samuel. I lost a mounting screw somehow and to his credit he sent me some...eventually :)

You have to stay on them.

Edited by JimmyM

I have one mounted to the slide of my 9mm glock and I had no problem getting it zeroed. Only took a handful of shots and it has stayed dead on accurate.

I have also had no issue getting help from Burris, the person that answers the phone is just that, one that only answers the phone. I've always just said I had a technical question and they transferred me to someone that was always able to answer my questions. It wasnt about the Fastfire, it was about rings, but anyway.

Good luck. I did have to exchange a pair of rings for a rifle and they were very helpful in getting them swapped out. They sent out the new rings with a return label in the box so all I had to do was swap them when they got here, put the old rings back in the box and throw the label on it and off it went. Hopefully it will be as easy for you if you have to replace it it.

I've shot twelve thousand major 9 rounds from my slide mounted fastfire with no problems or glitches. I've got five of them, no problems. I've noticed wearing purple glasses makes the dot look a little larger. Could be my old eyes. Ed

Thanks for the update! The dot is seen as distorted as your vision degrades from optimum. Without my glasses I see bars instead of the dot. I drew some sketches of the bars and took them to my eye doc. It turns out that it was a fairly accurate graphic of my astigmatism in each eye. Not sure about the purple part.

Merry Christmas,

Chuck