rhgunguy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nemo,

Check out Bruce's in Jax next month. If you can not reach that safety you don't have a thumb at all.

Actually shooting Bruce's TS is that I found out, as well as he had, that the stock safety lever is a challenge for us of the digitally-impaired morphology. I bet Kenny fixed it for him and if I decide to go that route he'll be assigned with the task.

I thought they came with three mags, slidestops, etc?? did CZ change that when they went from the IPSC Std to the TS??

You know, there were three magazines in the box...my bad. And yes there are extra slide stops, buffs, & recoil springs.

Someone had a pic of Angus' prototype from SHOT posted here

If I recall my brief conversation with Angus correctly, he was talking to the factory in the Czech Republic about the gun, so I doubt all the hands at CZ-USA are up to speed on the details. If it does see the light of day as a production gun, it would probably be in 2008. In the mean time, I think Angus has the program for a CNC machine to cut a TS frame down. After that you can fit a standard 75 slide to it and you'll have a CTS.

Just as a quick aside, when the full size TS was new at the 2006 SHOT Show, Angus had already cut the dust cover down on one of his sample guns.

A few words on the Witness Elites Series (Tanfoglio / EAA):

Witness Elite Limited

Designed specifically for IPSC standard class / USPSA limited. It's an all-steel, long dustcover, heavy barrel, SA gun with adjustable sights. I slowly started shooting limited class in 2004 and picked up a brand new one just before the Nats. Shot 200 rnds at my local range and went to the match. Gun ran flawless and I came in 12th I think. Since then it's becoming my favorite discipline and a lot of it has to do with the gun. Shooting 180s (Armscor) and Clays powder the setup is an incredible quick shot-to-shot recovery. I contribute this to the heavy steel frame and the light slide. It has a polygonal Lothar Walther barrel that doesn't tear up bullets and allows for impressive accuracy. With some mods to the mags I get 21 + 1 in my 140mms and 18 + 1 in my IPSC mags. MSRP $1049 for 2007.

post-3780-1170240224.jpg

Witness Elite Stock

Made for production. DA gun with bull barrel, short dustcover. Slide is slightly shorter than the Limited. You could of course get this in 40 and shoot limited, but only if you have to buy one gun only. It's a great production gun with adj sights and the same guts as the Limited. Given the same caliber, mags work cross the board for all Elite Series pistols. I just got in some great holsters for this gun ! MSRP $819 for 2007.

post-3780-1170240283.jpg

Witness Elite Match

A super deal for the money. This is the target gun, plinker, fun gun that you of course can shoot in Limited or I believe even IDPA ESP. Round trigger guard and less agressive checkering than the others, but same great grip. It's got a straight barrel instead of the bull barrel. MSRP $609 for 2007.

post-3780-1170240340.jpg

Witness Elite Gold Team

The open gun that has won 3 world championships.. New for 2007 is a slightly shortened gun compared to the 2006 and previous years. The hybrid hole-count is now a staggering 12 plus a center hole. Gun looks great, has a better balance and quicker handling than previous models. I get 28 + 1 in my 170mm mags in 38 super, but you can push for 29 if you really care to. Recommend rimless brass, Alex scope mount and C-More sight to complete the gun. MSRP $1,789 for 2007.

post-3780-1170240436.jpg

btw.

EAA also has Elite Limited in 38 super!

It would be a helluwa steel gun for American Handgunner World Shoot Off, Steel Challenge, Winchester World Challenge etc. If you're looking for a gun specifically for this shooting category, I can't imagine anything that would perform better in the Limited minor category.

I choose 38 super rimless over 9mm for magazine capacity (get more rounds over 9mm due to the straight case instead of the cone case) and feeding reliability. You should be able to get 22 or 23 + 1 with a little bit of work in a 140mm mag with 38 super rimless.

Has anyone in the U.S. tried the EAA Witness Elite Limited or the Gold Team lately?

I've heard EAA was known for some pretty horrific customer service in the past...is this still true?

I think Henning is single handedly remedying that issue for competition shooters. The good thing about the Elite series is that they don't break!!

The Witness limited may be in my VERY near future.. PM comin at you Henning!!

Mike

BTW.. sinnsyk is Henning and I bet he would answer your questions..

Edited by mike_pinto

Henny,

How about that magwell in the Elite Ltd? Does it drop-in in the Elite Stock (provided the grip panels are changed) or is some machining required? How's the trigger on those? Who would work on them if needed? Fiber optic front sights available for these?

The Elite Stock is looking like a winner to me! Fire the first shot DA and you have a production gun, start cocked&locked and shoot limited.

I think I'll have an XD40 Tactical for sale soon! :D

Edited to add: Loading for the Witness 40, would it "eat" the long bullets my kids use in their STI's or should one stay at factory ammo length?

Hope I'm not overwhelming anybody with so many questions...

B)

Edited by Nemo

how do you remove the trigger from a CZ TS? im thinking about replacing it with a fabricated steel one..do i just knock out the pin or is there a special way to do it?..thanks

Its actually a solid steel pin that is drilled and peened at each end. Just use a small drift punch of the same diameter to remove it. Angus or CZ can provide steel or aluminum triggers. The steel ones have the adjutments you need.

Re-peening both ends of the pin simultaneously takes three+ hands and is the hardest part of the job.

Nemo,

How about that magwell in the Elite Ltd? Does it drop-in in the Elite Stock (provided the grip panels are changed) or is some machining required? How's the trigger on those? Who would work on them if needed? Fiber optic front sights available for these?
You can put the same magwell on the Stock. If you do, I recommend fitting a pair of alu-grips that you can shape to your hearts content. The difference between the Limited and the Stock is .400" in length and of course a short dustcover on the Stock. I've never thought of doing it before, but it would in fact make a smart two-in-one gun. The Stock has a type of checkering that I actually prefer over the Limited! It uses the same trigger parts so you could even do a trigger job using the EGW sear.
Edited to add: Loading for the Witness 40, would it "eat" the long bullets my kids use in their STI's or should one stay at factory ammo length?
Absoluely, I load mine at 1.180" - 1.200" depending on the bullet. I recommend the EGW undersized 40 die for resizing practice ammo. For important matches, always use NEW brass; Armscor Nickel has impressed me with slick feeding. These little details matter when you're pushing 21 + 1 in your mags and want no trouble.

Get it touch with me trough my site (email) and I'll help you get everything you need.

Henning

http://henningshootsguns.com

Nemo,
You can put the same magwell on the Stock. If you do, I recommend fitting a pair of alu-grips that you can shape to your hearts content. The difference between the Limited and the Stock is .400" in length and of course a short dustcover on the Stock. I've never thought of doing it before, but it would in fact make a smart two-in-one gun. The Stock has a type of checkering that I actually prefer over the Limited! It uses the same trigger parts so you could even do a trigger job using the EGW sear.
Absoluely, I load mine at 1.180" - 1.200" depending on the bullet. I recommend the EGW undersized 40 die for resizing practice ammo. For important matches, always use NEW brass; Armscor Nickel has impressed me with slick feeding. These little details matter when you're pushing 21 + 1 in your mags and want no trouble.

Get it touch with me trough my site (email) and I'll help you get everything you need.

Henning

http://henningshootsguns.com

This thread on the CZ Tactical Sport has sort of drifted into Tanfoglio teritory, but they are similar guns in some ways (not as close as SV is to STI, but close) so it is all good.

The max OAL in a TS or nearly identical Standard IPSC is 1.170" - so the magazine on the Tanfoglio is obviously longer, front to back.

Hope to see more manufacturers enter the Limited race, besides just S_I and Glock. Henning - keep the great info coming!

C.

Guys I have a question. Why does the gun say it comes with 16 round mags when everybody says they are 17 rounders? On the CZ website under the gun specifications it says 16 round mags and if you go to buy extra mags off the site they say they are 17 rounds. Does it actually come with 16 rounders or is it a typo?

Thanks guys.

Guys I have a question. Why does the gun say it comes with 16 round mags when everybody says they are 17 rounders? On the CZ website under the gun specifications it says 16 round mags and if you go to buy extra mags off the site they say they are 17 rounds. Does it actually come with 16 rounders or is it a typo?

Thanks guys.

The older mags for the Standard IPSC were 16 rounds (and legal for IPSC). New ones that come with the TS are 17 rounds - AND also IPSC legal (it will fit in the box).

In USPSA, you can ADD length - out to 140 mm long - taking capacity to 20+1 rounds.

from what i know the CZ TS comes with 3 17rnd mags a bag of buffs,extra slidestops cleaning rod,big blue box etc..i have a CZ IPSC which was given to me by my Fiance to start shooting again i still have the gun and have done a couple of stuff to it to make it reliable ...the first few matches i shot with it i had a ton of problems like feed ramp jams and more...it shoots great with factory loads from winchester white box and remington UMC...but i found shooting factory way to snappy for my taste..but a few polishing and dremeling will make it very reliable..here is a list of mods i had to do in order to make it run for me...

installed fiber optic sight

Ghostholster grips and magwell

changed to 14 pound recoil spring

15# hammer spring (mainspring)

ground off the bottom of the breechface (where rim of brass contacts slide)

Matt Minks and Carlos mag tips to get 20 rounds on the mags (taylor freelance pads)

polished off a few trigger parts for a much better pull( a good CZ guy helped me with this..thanks Sam ;) )

ground off and polished all rough parts from slide and ambi safety

bent the plate covering the mainspring to make sure the mags drop free

adjusted the pre travel and over travel screws (look in strictly IPSC for instructions)

the gun runs great from factory but i just did all this stuff to make sure they run well with my ammo...it now looks all ugly because of all the grinding and polishing but i plan to send

it to Tripp for hardchrome once i get my open gun from Derek

IMG_0817-1.jpg

update on the mods....im in jersey right now and just cutting my slide stops with a Dremel too.. for the slide to not lock open.... ;)

Edited by ogiebb

I just noticed your gun has an adjustable rear. Did it come that way? I thought they all came with the "slide racker" fixed rear.

I wonder if any one has actually weighed the gun.

yep the old ipsc version has the adjustable rear..i like being to able to adjust my sights to my loads..(steel,major,Bowling pin)....i have not really weighed it yet but the gun will get liposuction probably next month via Matt Cheely

I just noticed your gun has an adjustable rear. Did it come that way? I thought they all came with the "slide racker" fixed rear.

yep the old ipsc version has the adjustable rear..i like being to able to adjust my sights to my loads..(steel,major,Bowling pin)....i have not really weighed it yet but the gun will get liposuction probably next month via Matt Cheely

ogiebb-

what work are you having matt cheely do for you? I've thought if I could get those same slide cuts he makes on the other pistols on the CZ that might get the slide movin' faster on the Tactical Sports. When you have it done, show off some pictures.

-Albert

ogiebb-

what work are you having matt cheely do for you? I've thought if I could get those same slide cuts he makes on the other pistols on the CZ that might get the slide movin' faster on the Tactical Sports. When you have it done, show off some pictures.

-Albert

ill post pics when i send it off to Matt i have to find out the law about shipping parts here in NYC here first...the TS slide is kinda heavy thats why 14# recoil spring is having a few problems...from the pics of his work here in the forums Matt definetly has talent