Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Qualifier At Rio?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MD is Steve H. and he is also the MD for the Western States Single Stack Classic which is this weekend so he's covered up for a few days. I'm sure there will be more info sometime soon after this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jason,

sorry for not getting this on here sooner, you can get a copy of the application at

www.riopractical.com

if you have any questions plese let me know........this match will be a one day format.......you will either shoot Sat. or Sun...

Steve

There is nowhere on the application to indicate what day you would like to shoot, so please, make a note on it when you send it in........I will probably limit Sat to 100 shooters, and Sunday to like 60........if you shoot on Sat and head home, your plaque will be mailed to you..............

Steve

are these IPSC rules or USPSA rules.

produciton mag limit?

Race holsters OK? ??

sorry if i'm out of the loop on this.. where can i find more info about the matches?

Britin is right Steve but for you the mag capacity is 4. Or you can use a TC Bolt Action pistol. You've gotten too fast the last couple of years. Gotta even the field.

Hahaha. Jason, thanks for the confidence, but I fear competition will be fierce for the world shoot team, i'm going to need all of the BB's I can get!!!

Thanks for the links and info. Now to figure out how to afford the plane ticket!

I hear NaMBLA is looking for a few young "volunteers" like yourself and they are offerring free travel "packages". You need to share a hotel room and be prepared to practice your "grip exercises". Just throwing the idea out there if you are looking for "alternative" forms of travel to satisfy your shooting addictions. ;)

Shooting can be a lot like crack...you'll do whatever it takes to get your next "fix".

Feel the love my brother...feel the love...

Edited by Barrettone

Though i know this is gonna be hillarious when i figure it out what is NaMBLA?

You really don't want to know... sick bunch of people, really, really, unbelievably sick :angry:

Attaboy Britin...Make Stevie "sweet cheeks" look it up. Some things are best left unsaid. Our cute little ninja-boy will figure it out soon enough!!! :wub:

Which brings up another good joke:

"How do you keep an a$$hole in suspense???"

Well.....

Well.....

:D Love ya Steve!!! :P OK...I'm done hijacking this thread...bad Jeff...bad Jeff...

Edited by Barrettone

well jeff. didn't work. i scroll to the bottom and read up... you can call me a dyslecic speed reader if you want... but it works. ....... if it's anything like Sako... i'll pass on knowing.

sadly this is the most damn publicity the Rio Salado World Shoot qualifier match has gotten.. jeff maybe they need you for PR!!!

• 2 weeks later...

(copied from the Targeting Education World Shoot Qualifier thread)

You do not need a IPSC Alias or IPSC Classification to shoot an IPSC match. You simply need to be a member of IPSC (and every USPSA member is an IPSC member). However, then you really do shoot 'straight up' and are only eligible to win high overall in your division, or possibly a category award (SR, JR, SSR or Lady), provided there are at least 5 others in that Category in your declared division.

In order to allow more shooters to get classified by IPSC before the World Shoot Classifier matches, we have set up a "Postal" IPSC Classifier match. If you would like to get an IPSC classification prior to the match, see the step-by-step instructions on the Targeting Education match website:

http://lchico.5u.com/TE/TEClass.html

The deadline to send in your classifier match scores is March 31. Note that this will allow you to be classified by IPSC in time for all 3 IPSC World Shoot Qualifier matches. Note that you will be classified in time for the Rio Salado Match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

I want to confirm this; I don't have to be classified to shoot the WS Qual matches, but IF I shoot this classification, I will be able to compete "in class" at them?

Yes! IPSC takes about 4 to 5 days after the scores are sent in to assign classifications. You can look them up yourself and update the WS matches with your Alias & Classification via email before the match.

Personnaly, I will check for classification info about 3 days before the Targeting Education match for anyone who sent me a valid Alias.

I tried to select classifier stages that were simple to set up even on an indoor range & to only use props or equipment that would be readily available to most shooters.

Feel free to PM me with any questions

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

Match confimations were sent out today.........if you did not indicate which day (Sat or Sun) that you wanted to shoot, please let me know........if you have entered and got your e-mail from me today, you can let me know via e-mail..............

thanks, and agian, sorry for the delay....

Steve

Steve, you stated in the email "some of you put the day that you wanted to shoot on your match application, and that is the day you will be shooting...." I believe I clearly indicated Saturday, but I would hate to make hotel/plane/car reservations and there be some misunderstanding.

Could you please confirm what days you have us scheduled for?

Thanks! :D

Got my confirmation and confirmed the Saturday date. Looks like a 14 hour drive each way from Colorado... starting to wonder what a plane trip would cost... but I hate flying.

I figure about 1800 miles would cost over $200 in gas money... A flight from Denver to Phoenix is $389 plus I'd need a rental car for a day at about $70 ... so about $260 bucks extra to fly.... I haven't flown in a while... Did I mention I hate flying, do these prices sound about right ???