Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H&k 93 Clones In 3 Gun?

stubbicatt

Stubbi,

You really don't see many HK's on the circuit. If fact, I can only recall seeing 1 in the last 5 or 6 years. HK makes a fine product, but the technology is a little dated. The HK's are heavier than the need to be. Due to the roller-locked recoil system (basically a delayed blowback setup) they recoil more. They are not very ergonomic ( You can't reach the magazine button without removing your hand from the pistol grip.) The operating controls are not very "speed" oriented (There is no last shot, bolt lock open and the charging handle is way up near the front of the rifle.) The sights need a special tool to initially setup your zero. There are no heatshields under the handguards and they heat up very fast, especially the metal ones, and until recently, there was no option for free floating the barrel.

Additionally, HK's are relatively expensive, not to mention that HK is not the most "civilian" friendly company and chooses to not support our shooting sport

They are fun to shoot, but I would look somewhere else for a true competition gun. I'd consider the Robinson Arms XCR if the AR platform is not an option.

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 HK 91's I can sell you.

OK I will take $ 2800.00 each I do have scope mounts form them let me know.

Anybody use or see used a H&K 93 or similar clone used in 3 gun? How did it do?

I really just don't like the AR platform, but was hoping someone had a good idea whether the Vector V93 might be competitive.

Thanks.

Edited by superfly

I have 2 HK 91's I can sell you.

Anybody use or see used a H&K 93 or similar clone used in 3 gun? How did it do?

I really just don't like the AR platform, but was hoping someone had a good idea whether the Vector V93 might be competitive.

Thanks.

OK, I'll bite, how much?

I've got an HK 93. It's heavy, the trigger is horrible (compared to my AR), it's expensive, magazines aren't cheap, the handguard gets pretty hot and the scope mounts too high for my liking. It's a cool looking rifle but I don't think I'd ever use it for 3 gun.