Mid West Icore Regionals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

For those of you that will be in town early enough on Friday, there is a really good pizza joint that is maybe a mile from our store. It's worth a visit if you're in town, and the beer is always cold. It's called Guido's, and Mr. Roger Davis can attest to the fact that it is some good pizza.

Well, I certainly don't want to dispute that Guido's makes good pizza, but some folks that know "Mr. Davis" might suggest he ain't no picky eater in the first place, and considering the cooking he normally gets at home, the bar for a banquet is set pretty low. :P

Still, it sounds like fun (and I'm no picky eater myself) so I'll be sure to ring "Mr. Davis'" cell phone as I roll by to see if the party's goin on. B)

MMMM! Pizza. My favorite...

Hmmm? Mike & Bubber, Hopalong & Jess Christensen are all tough. Jess won Limited last year, only 5 seconds behind Open Winner Bubber.

I'm with the KC/Topeka Group (since all 3 of us are driving up together) and Smilin' Dean & Lefty Carden (the Iowa Contingent-Dr. Dremel). Looks more like the Super 8 Squad, or the "Out of Towners".

Looks like a 25% increase in participation already.

Are You Ready?

News flash from west Tennessee..............

Due to a conflict of interest (Work, special job ) the Hilljack will not be in attendance. :(:(:(

I can count on one hand the numbers of times I have worked on a weekend in the last 5 years..............this upcoming weekend, and last years Midwest ICORE match are 2 of the 4 !!! :angry::angry::angry:

Only thing that makes it better is I got a call from USPSA today..................

ring, ring............."Hello Mr. Keen?" Yada Yada Yada......."Would you like a slot to the Limited, Production, Revolver Nationals in Tulsa?"................."Sure, Why not?" ;)

Hate that I have to miss the match this weekend, good luck and have fun.

Hopalong

Well.... I don't want to let the cat out of the bag... I had a great time at the Midwest Regionals ( no suprize there). The stages were challenging and a great group of people showed up. I would especially like to thank Pin Shooter for the mudhole he stomped on my backside. :( Waltermitty will probably have a story or two to post... I'll just leave it at that :ph34r: And as DougC and Revoman related to me .. all the realmen from Iowa showed up for the match... :)

Yeah there will probably be some stories that come out, but let me say in advance that if any pictures should show up of me bending backwards giving dollar bills folded lengthwise to luttrell625 in my teeth; well, everybody knows that you can Photoshop anything into what looks like a real picture these days. :ph34r:

:):):)

What can I say....Great stages, very efficient use of the range with Good people!

I had a great time and will plan to attend next year!

A big thanks to the Luttrells and their friends for hosting us with style!

Doug Carden

Oh yeah, I didnt see anything at all, Walt...... ;)

Mike and I wanted to make sure and thank EVERYBODY that came and shot with us on Saturday. It was easily the most fun and enjoyable match that we have hosted here, even though we all got beat by a crazy Australian. Mike sent out the results via e-mail this afternoon, but if anyone who should have gotten them didn't, just contact me through the forum and I will get them to you. Eventually I guess ICORE.org will have them up, but I don't know when.

PS. DougC lies

Edited by luttrell625

What a match.... :D

The whole thing was a great experience for me....I got to drive in snow, walk on ice, shoot at a swinging no shoot and eat all the Krispy Kreme that I could fit in. Mike and Stephanie put on a great indoor match, and the whole thing was at a nice 70 degrees....The stages were quite challenging, and a great way to knock the rust off, after a Christmas break. It was great to meet some of the forum guys, and catch up with some familiar faces. The guys from Guncrafter Industries were there, and they brought along some examlpes of their .50 GI 1911's which I got to shoot. They truly are a custom gun, very well built, and oodles of stopping power, nice to shoot too. After the match a few of us went out for dinner, and one of us had some ( Lots ) of drinks....No, not me this time......All in all, it was a great match, and I hope to bring some of the Kentucky crowd down next year.

And I have the photos......and nothing to gain......or do I? :o

And I have the photos......and nothing to gain......or do I? :o

At this point, the photo is probably necessary. My son was asking his mother something about strippers and folded dollars after we got home. She might understand better with Waltermitty's smiling example!

Pin Shooter -- It was a real pleasure meeting and shooting with you. This was a great match, and it seemed like there were even more folks this year than last. My son had a terrific time, and told me that shooters seem nicer than most other people. I think he's right.

My shooting partner and I had a great time. I didn't see any $1 bills changing teeth I mean hands. (walt sign a 100.00 bill and send it to me as I want your autograph). :D

I just want to say that my daughter and myself had an absolute blastn at that match. I did not come in last and I just barely beat the 12 year old. :blink: what a relief. Jess was tough as was Walt except when it came to diamonds or something. Walt I think it is called CRS or somthing like that.

Great Time Only one better has to be IRC in Morro Bay.

My shooting partner and I had a great time. I didn't see any $1 bills changing teeth I mean hands. (walt sign a 100.00 bill and send it to me as I want your autograph). :D

I just want to say that my daughter and myself had an absolute blastn at that match. I did not come in last and I just barely beat the 12 year old. :blink: what a relief. Jess was tough as was Walt except when it came to diamonds or something. Walt I think it is called CRS or somthing like that.

Great Time Only one better has to be IRC in Morro Bay.

Tell your Daughter it was a delight to have her shooting and we want to see her at the range again.

Oh, and get her a gun that doesn't require double digits in pounds of force to break a shot eh? ;)

Anybody remember who took the Aysen's speed-e-rack away from the prize table? The Aysen's were wanting ot keep up with where it ended up going, but Mike and I forget to pay attention.

Steph, I believe psky2 scarffed it off the table. He was sure smiling when he got back to his seat.

Anybody remember who took the Aysen's speed-e-rack away from the prize table? The Aysen's were wanting ot keep up with where it ended up going, but Mike and I forget to pay attention.

Steph, I believe psky2 scarffed it off the table. He was sure smiling when he got back to his seat.

He'll be smile'n more when gets it on his belt and uses it