Mid West Icore Regionals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Mitty,

How about making the match more interesting? Nothing serious...how about a dollar a stage between me and you, and of course, bragging rights. I know better than to gamble with Bubber (I don't want to lose ALL seven dollars), and gambling with my husband (aka Dr. Evil) is definitely out of the question! How about an extra $5 if I win High Lady and you don't? Ok, so maybe you won't take me up on that last part.

Walter Mitty,

How about making the match more interesting? Nothing serious...how about a dollar a stage between me and you, and of course, bragging rights. I know better than to gamble with Bubber (I don't want to lose ALL seven dollars), and gambling with my husband (aka Dr. Evil) is definitely out of the question! How about an extra $5 if I win High Lady and you don't? Ok, so maybe you won't take me up on that last part.

I'm in for that, but I get $15.00 if *I* win High Lady. :P

You've got a deal.

I will get some hotel information and post it later today.

Something that might be fun could be a lodge or cabin with several rooms. I'm just not that familiar with the Tontitown area. I've stayed in the cabins in several Arkansas state parks and they're usually pretty good. The closest one I know about to you guys is at Devil's Den:

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/ca...id=4&cid=35

The drawback is that it's about 30 minutes away and I don't know how many out-of-towners would be interested in that. Given that this is the "off-season" for ducks and campers etc, I was wondering if there might be something of this genre that might be available (closer would be even better). In the example linked above 3 or 4 of us could stay for the same (or less) than a hotel and have someplace we could hang out the night before the match. Everybody brings a stick from home and we build a fire to sip our winter beverages in front of. B)

Maybe a bed and breakfast we could rent for the night? It's probably too late to start this discussion, but I'm a little burned out on hotels and trying to find places to meet up with everybody (then having to drive back to the room...) if you know what I mean. :)

Hotels near our store:

Holiday Inn 479-751-8300

La Quinta (was Baymont last year) 479-751-2626

Sleep Inn 479-756-5800

Double Tree 479-751-7200

I will try and check in to a local bed and breakfast and poast later if it looks promising. There is an Applebee's within a mile of all of the hotels I listed (safer driving after "warm" beverages).

Walter Mitty, is anyone coming with you?

Just to let eveyone know in advance, Mike and I are making t-shirts available for $15 for those that want them, just shoot me a message or write your size on your entry form.

Also, if anyone has contact with Jerry Biggs and Curt Nichols, we wanted to make sure the word got out to them as well about the match to try and get them to come and play.

Walter Mitty, is anyone coming with you?

Just to let eveyone know in advance, Mike and I are making t-shirts available for $15 for those that want them, just shoot me a message or write your size on your entry form.

Also, if anyone has contact with Jerry Biggs and Curt Nichols, we wanted to make sure the word got out to them as well about the match to try and get them to come and play.

Double Action came with me last year, I'll check with him to see if he'll make it this year.

My entry is already sent, I wear an XL and am good for at least one. Any pics somewhere so we can see how the final artwork came out?

I haven't seen Curt since before Nationals, but I'll send email to all the usual suspects.

Pin Shooter,

I plan on getting in on Friday afternoon and finding the place.

I think I'll go the cheap way out and bring a warm sleeping bag and try out Mike and Stephs new house......I hear they actually got the grass on the roof and the dirt floors swept up.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

On a little more serious note, I have not checked into staying at a hotel yet. Kinda was waiting to hear from the rest of you.

Walt, Steph,

I seem to recall someone telling me Kurt is not shooting much anymore, (I could be wrong though).

So.........who went to Little Rock today and shot the "Revolver match"?

Hopalong

I wish that I went to little rock today....Instead I shot a USPSA match with my Open Revolver in Open Auto Class. Now, that is working for a win.....not that I got one.....and it poured rain all day....not that I am complaining...It is all good fun, and the were 41 other gooses just like me standing in the rain grinning and shooting. :wacko:

I am plannning on arriving Friday Arvo, and then???????????? I was hoping someone knew where the good Motels, Food and Beer would be, and I would just follow like a drunken sheep. :huh: No pun intended for any New Zealand readers.......

Mark

Mark,

If you want to just come on to our store on that Friday when you get in town there will probably be some other shooters there (last year we were lucky to have several show up early and help set up). We can steer you toward room and booze from there. Let me know if you have any more questions. The hotels that I listed are just a few of several within about a block of one another, and they are all just about 2 miles down the road from our store.

We are easy to find Mark, but the address won't help too much (nobody can pronounce the street we are on, anyway). If you can find Hwy 412 on a map, that is all you need, because we are right on it. We are about 2 miles west of I-540 on the North side of the road (on your right as you head West). When we receive your registration form I will have Mike e-mail you a map. I don't think that Walter Mitty had any trouble finding the place last year, so that should give you some confidence. Our physical address is 750 E. Henri de Tonti Blvd, Tontitown, AR 72770. If you are using something like Mapquest.com and the address doesn't pull up, try puting the Springdale as the city instead of Tontitown, and 72764 as the zip.

I don't think that Walter Mitty had any trouble finding the place last year, so that should give you some confidence.

Hey, wait a minute, I represent that remark. :huh:

I've never been lost, I've been powerful confused for several hours, but never lost. <_<

I'm very hopeful that my son and I can make it. Last year's match was VERY good. The Luttrels do amazing things with the indoor venue. The Mexican food down the street was pretty good, as I recall. My wife has big plans for that weekend, but she is already upset with me, so maybe I should make a break for it!