Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goodbye 1911s

Joe D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are just not enlightened. :P Benny, let's don't start one of our arguments again. It is a no win proposition. You won't change my mind about anything and I am not going to try and change yours.

BTW someone needs to tell Dave to get rid of that plastic gun and get a real one.

Edited by Joe D

First, we need to realize that USPSA, IPSC, and IDPA, represent less than .001%(yeah, I'm guessing but I bet it's a very small number) of all firearms purchases in the world.

If the world overall firearms sales numbers were published based on manufacturer, I believe Glock would come in at #1 or very close to it. The custom, high end 1911's (STI,SVI,etc.) #'s would be too small to even show up in the ratings.

There's reasons other than cost as to why Glock owns the market.

"Glock Perfection" pretty much sums it up..........................

I would say that Glock just might come in at #1 :unsure:

But a lot of that is due to the fact that they, until recently, were the ONLY plastic game in town. There are LOTS of 1911 companies.

NOW, if you want to compare apples to apples, lump all of the 1911 companies together, and then put up the numbers.

We are NOT talking about Wilson vs. Glock, or Springfield vs. Glock, or Kimber Vs. Glock, well you get the picture.

Let's compare platform against platform, 1911 to plastic.

Now tell me how dominant the Glock is!!! :D

Edited by zhunter

STI/SVI are good $800-$900 guns priced at $1700+. I think one might find that Glock may out sell all of the 1911s lumped together. It would be interesting to see those numbers.

The LE market is huge.

Edited by Joe D