Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Go Bruins!

Chris Keen

So I just got back from work and got the news. Missed the entire game to the Army. What a wonderful weekend. Didn't get to shoot the Ft. Benning 3-Gun match and missed the USC/UCLA game. Wow. I love the Army.

Geez Chris. Didn't think I was on your S*** list that bad. :D

That said, I think it'll be TOSU vs. the SEC Champion for the National title. Just don't see the BCS doing the re-match and the benefit of the SEC having an "extra game" helps them in the eyes of the pollsters/the computer. I'd be all for a TOSU vs. Michigan rematch. Mostly 'cause it would a second straight national title game where it would actually be a game. USC vs. OU was a blow out in the first quarter. LSU vs. OU was a blow out in the first half.

The only thing is that this is a HUGE loss to the program. At USC you can 2-10 every year and keep your job. As long as those two wins are UCLA and Notre Dame, you're good.

Oh well. Another Pac-10 Championship and another trip to the Rose Bowl. I kind of hope that the SEC Champion goes to the National Title game against TOSU and we get Michigan. That would be awesome and another example to the NCAA how there should be a playoff system.

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

OK...OK. I REALLY have no dog in this fight. Since I went to and played for Michigan State (don't say a word...I played two years...we beat Michigan once and lost once, so I can say whatever the hell I want), I have two favorite teams...MSU and whoever is playin' them sumbitches from Ann Arbor. Having said all that, I really feel that Michigan is the only team that can hang with OSU. On a neutral field, it is anyones game IMO. How is everybody going to feel when Florida loses by two touchdowns and then we have to say: "At least with Michigan it was a 3-point game on OSU's field...instead we got a lopsided OSU victory over Florida...we shoulda went with what we know and not what we think!". Alas...the BCS is not perfect as it still has the human element involved. :(

If UofM plays OSU, I will be cheering for the scarlet and gray, because "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". However, UofM deserves to be there because they have PROVEN they can hang...Florida hasn't...simple as that. I've seen Florida play all year, and they haven't won any games DECISIVELY...in fact, quite a few were squeakers. Granted they played the toughest schedule and played one extra game against a quality opponent, but they simply don't match up well with OSU. Again the problem is that this is OPINION. <_<

We need a playoff system to dispel all this crap. Whatever team isn't selected is going to feel jilted, and you know who I truly feel sorry for??? The players on the jilted team. They will go through the rest of their lives saying "what if". That sucks...plain and simple. :angry: If I had the dough to burn, Michigan and Florida would be on their way to a remote island in the Carribean with a football field and no television, hype or distractions...just go to settle it once and for all. Hell, I'd even send OSU so it could be a 3-way to really put this whole debate to bed (no comments from the perv section please). :ph34r:

My .02 B)

Edited by Barrettone