Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Are The Kentucky Guys On Here?

steel1212

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGSL runs an IPSC three gun, first sunday of the month. Some just shoot the pistol.

KAPS is in Bardstown. It's an hour and 10 minutes from Lex. Fourth Sunday of the month.

Two other clubs shoot just north of Louisville. They shoot USPSA and steel.

If one was so inclined, they could shoot a match every weekend while driving less than 2 hours from Lexington.

Oh I know. Its just that the school has blocking software and tracking software. the other day somebody put a zip file of a shooting game on the server. they erase it at night then the kids reinstall and play over the network this shooting game. The teachers were looking for these kids trying to catch them. He cant even bring up my web page at school. They used to have a way to fool the blocking software until the school got a new one. I am wondering if the kids found a way around the new one and I am a little worried about what they would do if caught.

On another note. My boys do and always have worn shooting shirts to school. Its not disallowed in the policy, only no drugs, alchohol, tabacco(we are in KY where allot of parent raise tobacco), or racial slander. Nothing about firearms. So the bigger the gun pic the better.

Dont know if you have seen the email going around about how things were in 1973 compared to 2006. I sent it to the school system superintendant.

Changing Times

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1973 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1973 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1973 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English

teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1973 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

All in the name of progress!

Oh I know. Its just that the school has blocking software and tracking software. the other day somebody put a zip file of a shooting game on the server. they erase it at night then the kids reinstall and play over the network this shooting game. The teachers were looking for these kids trying to catch them. He cant even bring up my web page at school. They used to have a way to fool the blocking software until the school got a new one. I am wondering if the kids found a way around the new one and I am a little worried about what they would do if caught.

On another note. My boys do and always have worn shooting shirts to school. Its not disallowed in the policy, only no drugs, alchohol, tabacco(we are in KY where allot of parent raise tobacco), or racial slander. Nothing about firearms. So the bigger the gun pic the better.

Dont know if you have seen the email going around about how things were in 1973 compared to 2006. I sent it to the school system superintendant.

Changing Times

1973 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

1973 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

1973 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1973 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

1973 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English

teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

That is one of the few forwards that I have liked!!

Guys don't forget the match in wilmore tomorrow!

Chuck's post is so true its almost pathetic to think about it.

I'm one of those Ohio boys so close to the Commonwealth that they not only do not claim Ohio as a residence but despises the ground the Communist leaders of Ohio walks on regardless of party.

I shoot at Ashland along with Gary, Chuck, Austin, and "The Duck on a Wheel"

Changing Times

++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++

1973 - Ants die.

+++++++++++++++++++++

This would be really funny if it were not so true.

Edited by Ditto_95

yea i got my computer priveliges revoked at school for fooling the techs for about 2 weeks. Someone saved Unreal Tournament on the network and we had massive multiplayer games going on the network throughout the day lagging the network so bad teachers couldn't get to their email, lol. Anyways the techs finally caught on but I had already saved it in about 7 different places on the network with different names before they found and deleted the one. Turns out about 2 weeks later, they finally revoked about 35 peoples computer logins to kill our fun. It was worth it though since no one could beat me... hehe.

Matt Griffin, just getting back into shooting now that I'm not working the weekend shift. I was at the last steel match, and will be shooting this Sunday at Silver Creek. Anyone have a list of shoots that will continue through the winter?

H.

BGSL near Wilmore, S. of Lexington should be continuing their matches all year (4 stages of pistol, optional shotgun & rifle stages no extra charge). Ashland Gun Club is this Sunday & has pistol matches every month.

..and you will get those 3 points quick, and then some. You were rollin last time out.

Yeah, thats the best match I've had. I won the last BGSL limited 10 but it was only me and another guy and he had ammo troubles on one stage. The KAPS match definatly did feel good. :D

yea i got my computer priveliges revoked at school for fooling the techs for about 2 weeks. Someone saved Unreal Tournament on the network and we had massive multiplayer games going on the network throughout the day lagging the network so bad teachers couldn't get to their email, lol. Anyways the techs finally caught on but I had already saved it in about 7 different places on the network with different names before they found and deleted the one. Turns out about 2 weeks later, they finally revoked about 35 peoples computer logins to kill our fun. It was worth it though since no one could beat me... hehe.

I don't know what your school's IT department is smoking but it must be some of that good Kentucky Bluegrass if it taken them that long to track down the issue.

Ten minutes of SNMP traps would reveal where the data was coming from! Lol

I too remember the days of getting to shooting sites while in high school. We had this "Bess" proxy server though...what a joke! :)

• 1 month later...

Alright ladies put on your fuzzy panties for the BGSL match tomorrow. All you guys that have been saying wish I could make it, time to go!

Also Shaun is 4th nationally in limited 10 B class! I just think it would be cool to have my name on the website somewhere lol.

Edited by steel1212