Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy Saying Hi

SteveinAK

Hi all! Long time lurker here. I have gotten into USPSA recently and shot my first IDPA match today. I think I'm getting better (at least in IPSC) but man, I sucked today at the IDPA match! ANYWAY! Look forward to ya'll educating me.

Hi all! Long time lurker here. I have gotten into USPSA recently and shot my first IDPA match today. I think I'm getting better (at least in IPSC) but man, I sucked today at the IDPA match! ANYWAY! Look forward to ya'll educating me.

Come on Steve you weren't that bad!!! You are new! When I shot my first match there I was 10th out of 14! I got the hang of it and got better! I still can't take one Bryce or Kelly yet but hey, one day man!!

Welcome to the forum...

I started in IDPA about a year and a half ago, and just started in USPSA this summer. I still shoot both, but I now consider IDPA more like practice for USPSA. I think IDPA is harder to shoot, but easier to be competitive in if that makes any sense. IDPA is still a great sport, but now that I am used to USPSA, I find myself making mistakes like shooting out of cover, and not retaining mags even though I used to have no problems with those things. BUT, I have gotten a lot better and faster and better at both since I started in USPSA.

I say, shoot them both as much as possible, and have fun!

There are some people that say IDPA is for people that can only count to 10 with thier shoes on. They made up the other rules to slow USPSA shooters down. The reason you have to stay behind cover is so you don't realize there are only 3 targets 10 yards away on each stage.

Just kidding and welcome! Keep shooting both and have fun.

Thanks for the welcome! This is a great site and there alot ya'll have to offer in experience, so I'm sure I'll be tapping your brains along the way!

SHAWN!- Hey man, didn't know you hung out here! Thanks for the encouragement! I still had blast (pun intended) and will definately be there for the next match. I just need to figure out the IDPA rules so I can avoid the proceedurals! I think I pretty much have IPSC figured out, rule-wise, now to just continue practicing... Let me know if you have some time off this thankgiving weekend. We'll go to the range and throw some down range! Later! -Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Steve, looks like we are in this together. Just started posting this week but I've been looking at this forum for some time now. I started shooting USPSA this year and plan to start shooting steele matches.