Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vanek Drop In Trigger?

JayC

Hey everyone.

Has anyone had any hands on experience with the Vanek drop in trigger that he has available? I would like to know what the pretravel, feel, and overtravel is like. I see he put an overtravel stop in the kit.

How does it compare to the RS kit or the Rhea kit. The only trigger I've actually been able to handle is the Rhea kit.

Thanks.

I have a Vanek drop in kit en-rout from Charlie as I type this. Currenly using a RS kit combined with a Lone Wolf overtravel stop, I will be more than happy to let you know how the two compare! :D ...(whenever I get it in the mail...that is)

PB,

What made you decide to go with Vanek. I thought you were happy with the RS kit. I just received my third RS kit this week. 2.2# right out of the box.

JFS

First off, congrats on the win this past Sunday. Next time I'll remember how to shoot strong/weak hand :D

I wasn't really unhappy with my RS trigger, especially after adding the overtravel stop...but it was breaking at just over three pounds. I have felt Glocks with the Vanek drop in kit, and the trigger was quite a bit more crisp than mine.

I figured that the money that I was saving by not driving to Oxford, Pickaway, or Milford for the next 5 months should still be spent in a USPSA-related area, so I went ahead and ordered it. You'll have to try it out the next time we meet up :)

Seems that people like the Vanek trigger. Now back to the original question. For those of you that have the trigger or have been able to play with a Glock that does, how does the trigger feel? Does it stack, feel solid, feel soft? What would you estimate the trigger travel and reset at? Is the reset solid, or can it barely be felt?

I only ask these questions as I'm coming from another gun platform that had a Bruce Gray trigger job and am kind of spoiled by it. Some Glocks that I have played with have a stacking feel when squeezing the trigger, while some feel like glass cause they are so smooth. I've also come across resets that I can't feel at all, some that have a crisp reset, some that are very long, some that are short, etc. I would like a trigger kit where I can feel the reset, as I'm what you could call a sear rider I guess. I release the trigger just far enough for it to reset between shots.

I also know that it is just going to take some time and dry fire practice to get myself adjusted, but it doesn't hurt to have a step or two in the right direction :D

Thanks again guys.

Hammerspring,

I just received my trird "Ralph" trigger this week. This one went into a G17. Like I said 2.2# out of the box.

The others are in a G22 and a G34. The G22 breaks at 2.2# and the G34 at 2.5#. The G22 has over 10K rounds. The G17 has over 3K.

I will say that in the 13K plus rounds I have had two failed trigger return springs. Ralph replaced those free of charge. The 13K rounds does not count dry fire.

Flex,

I have been wondering what you have done to your Glocks. I know your philosophy about spending the money on bullets and then practice, but I would still like to know what kind of ju-ju that you have inside

PB,

Thanks for the compliment. I know of your asperations for the upcoming year. Maybe I can hitch on and ride part way.

JFS

Flex,

I have been wondering what you have done to your Glocks. I know your philosophy about spending the money on bullets and then practice, but I would still like to know what kind of ju-ju that you have inside

I've done all kinds of things to them...in the past. ;)

I keep talking about doing a comprehensive thread on all of that, but I haven't yet. (though, most everything has been covered in this sectin ofthe forum at one time or another).

Well gents, my Vanek just came in today, and I am very pleased. The trigger feels lighter and more consistant. It seems as if the slack of the trigger has been taken out.

The most impresive part of the trigger is it's reset. Exceptionally crisp, but it lacks the heavy click feeling.

After taking my new Vanek trigger to the range, I was disturbed to find that my G34 would double, and eventually triple :blink:

After I returned home, I sent Charlie an email, to which he immediately responded and listed several troubleshooting points. Indeed, I had not taken care in installing the firing pin safety, and its spring was not attached to the plunger.

I'll head back to the range tomorrow for round two. Charlie is wonderful to do business with, and is attentive to his customers. He offered an immediate refund, and gave me is cell phone number if I needed him on the fly. Helluva guy :D

I have heard he is a good guy to deal with. I have a friend who has one of his old triggers that is now not allowed in production. All I can say about the trigger is awesome. Keep us posted on how it works for you.