Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Ranges You've Ever Shot At?

Deer Creek Range, Missoula, Montana is one of the most beautiful places to shoot.

Big bays with high burms, friendly folks, close to town but not too close, and you just can't beat that big beautiful mountain for a bullet stop!

If you haven't been here, you should come and shoot it. Words just don't this place justice.

RPM

I've got access to a few hundred acres of land around me for shooting, hunting and such.

The valley behind me is flat/farm ground (read clear of brush and trees), nearly half a mile wide, by about a mile deep surrounded by hills on 3 sides,,,,,,big freakin' shooting bay. :P

Man there are so many.

Rio Salado in November is usually really nice. Big bays and lots of them.

Richmond Rod & Gun on the San Francisco bay for location.

Frank Garcias range in Florida is great in winter. All the bays are on level ground and in a u shape.

My favorite though was the Reno range. I like the desert though. The range is all flat with the bays all in a line and parking is right in front of the bays. Same level ranges with close parking is a must to be in the running for best range.

I havent been to Bend,OR, Missoula, MT or Tulsa. So I cant say on those.

The Double Tap Ranch in Wichita Falls, Texas. 14 Bays, Tables to put your gear on. All the Bays are across from each other (East and West) so you can Put your gear at one spot and shoot 2 to 4 stages and not have move your gear. Makes the Match flow real well. Pernament Shade at Every Bay, Great Layout, Great stages, it ROCKS!

Edited by nmipsc