Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This Feeling

bgary

I hate waking up, and having my first conscious thought be "oh my God, what are we in for now?"

I hate knowing that many far-reaching decisions are soon likely to be made based on knee-jerk paybacks and idealogical fantasies rather than rational, thoughtful... dare I say "conservative" analysis of the modern world as it really exists.

I hate worrying about whether I should be repositioning investments for a coming recession, stocking up on 2006-vintage "pre-ban" stuff, or bracing myself to turn over more and more of my income to fund social programs I don't believe in, next April 15th.

I hate having to worry about the very future of my country. From border and immigration issues, to military funding, to the challenges of dealing with a threat whose adherants have nothing less than our total destruction as their goal. We learned on 9/11 that a box-cutter can not only bring down a building, it can bring our entire *financial* and *airline* industries screeching to a halt, and have societal and economic impacts for years to come.

I hate worrying about "what's next", and what we will have done to set ourselves up for it.

:ph34r:

As much as I hate to say it I agree on the stocking up on ANYTHING firearms related. Bruce I hope for all citizens that "pre ban 2006" doesn't stick. I also hope that some of the unaccounted for ballots (military absentee) make the difference where they need to. Mike McGavick v. Maria Cant(do)well in WA senate race. I am in the military and I vote absentee but I sent my ballot in a week and a half ago so I hope my fellow brothers in arms waited and are voting right.

Edited by CaseyJ

Not a rebuttal at all, but all may not be dark as many of the new democrats that won are rated at least A by the NRA. I know this is the case in Indiana and in the Senatorial race in Montana(which is still in contest). Unless they are totally blackmailed by the likes of Pelosi they should still protect our rights.

I have a different opinion.

I am greatly encouraged that Americans can still rally and send a clear message when pushed hard enough. I don't necessarily expect everyone to agree with this message, but let things drift the other direction, and ANOTHER message will be sent.

Checks and balances.

The libs won over the House by making themselves appear more like Republicans. Lets just hope that they don't gain the majority in the Senate as well...

BTW-Ohio has a Lib govenor for the first time in 16 years :(

B)-->

QUOTE(Paul B @ Nov 8 2006, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a rebuttal at all, but all may not be dark as many of the new democrats that won are rated at least A by the NRA. I know this is the case in Indiana and in the Senatorial race in Montana(which is still in contest). Unless they are totally blackmailed by the likes of Pelosi they should still protect our rights.

It's easy to be A rated when none of the votes really mattered. If the senate also falls, no decent supreme court judge will be allowed and then we'll really see where they stand.

"BTW-Ohio has a Lib govenor for the first time in 16 years "

That is where we were 4 years ago in Wisconsin. And we are still trying to get rid of him. He must have office depot on speed dial the way he uses his veto pen! <_<

Edited by Rocket35