Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Summer Blast

The 2007 Summer Blast is slated for July 11-15, 2007 at York, PA. Once again we will be a Level III USPSA and IPSC match. We will maintain our typical 10 stages and 240 rounds shot in a half day format for a nominal $75.00 plus every shooters gets a gift.

For those of you wondering, we were not selected by the BOD as a USPSA World Shoot Qualifier match, oh well, their loss and your gain.

Entry forms will be available on the web page begining on March 1, 2007. Please get your registration in as sson as possible as we expect the match to fill rather quickly.

Our match web page is www.lchico.5u.com/blast

We are in the process of designing stages and we are always looking for new fun course to shoot. If you want to send in a stage, please send it to azone40@adelphia.net.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Larry

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Folks an early update. Just in, for you shotgunners out there, how would you like to shoot a 4 stage shotgun side match (not a stage) at the Summer Blast. We are talking 40-50 rounds of shotgun. Steel and birds will be the targets. $20 entry fee with $5 per shooter going to the junior program and all cash payback after expenses. (reruns are an extra $5 but not for score)

We are planning it, sign up will be on the match application when it comes out or sign up at the match. Trying to bring you more for your dollar!

Larry

Edited by sbmd

OK Folks an early update. Just in, for you shotgunners out there, how would you like to shoot a 4 stage shotgun side match (not a stage) at the Summer Blast. We are talking 40-50 rounds of shotgun. Steel and birds will be the targets. $20 entry fee with $5 per shooter going to the junior program and all cash payback after expenses. (reruns are an extra $5 but not for score)

We are planning it, sign up will be on the match application when it comes out or sign up at the match. Trying to bring you more for your dollar!

Larry

OK, Larry - you are starting to go overboard! A ten stage 1/2 day pistol match and a 4 stage shotgun match. It's just too much shooting :P. It sounds like a great idea but you realize that it makes some (OK, my) local club matches look small and uninteresting.

I'll be there. 14 stages two hours from my house - and a good cause. Can't beat that with a stick.

• 2 weeks later...
Level III USPSA and IPSC match

Larry, just wondering what you mean by that, considering you said you were not chosen as a World Shoot qualifier.

We have been a level 3 USPSA match as long as that designation has been used (we were a tournament before that). We also apply for IPSC Level 3 approval (although we run under USPSA rules) and send our scores to IPSC. That is nothing new. There are a number of US matches (especially Area matches) that have been doing this for years.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

• 1 month later...

Just finished the stages and sent them off to USPSA for approval.......ready!

Stage 1 31 rnds

Stage 2 32 rnds

Stage 3 14 rnds (1st classifier)

Stage 4 18 rnds

Stage 5 12 rnds (2nd classifier)

Stage 6 18 rnds

Stage 7 32 rnds

Stage 8 32 rnds

Stage 9 32 rnds

stage 10 32 rnds

Grand Total 253 rounds shot in a half day format (yes in 4.5 hours), plus the 40-50 round shotgun side match and you have almost 300 rounds of shooting fun.

Stages will be posted as soon as they are approved. Match application is coming out, mark you calendars for the weekend of July 12-15, 2007 to be in York, PA for this event.

Oh, BTW, I am working on something never seen in USPSA that I am aware of. I have attached stage 2 for your viewing pleasure. Take notice of the water curtains, yes you will shoot thru a falling stream of water. I will be working with some props in the coming months to ensure the project will work. I am confident that it will. Consider it the ulitmate soft cover!!!!! :D

Take care, Larry

Summer_Blast_Stage_2.doc

Oh, BTW, I am working on something never seen in USPSA that I am aware of. I have attached stage 2 for your viewing pleasure. Take notice of the water curtains, yes you will shoot thru a falling stream of water.

Come on Larry...you didn't think you had an original idea now did you ? :P:P:D:D

They just did that 2yrs ago in Mississippi, I think. Might even be a good video around if you want to check out how they did it.

I liked the idea enough to file it away as "one of those things I'm gonna copy"...someday.

Should be great at your match.

Flex is correct (man I hate admitting that! ;) ) that was a stage at the Mississippi Classic, and you need to see what a falling sheet of water does when a comp on a .38 super is stuck in it and fired :o:o:o

My 625 blowing a hole in it was pretty boring compared to the open guns that were pushed in the water a little too far. :P

Go ahead with your stage though, everyone should get the excitement of this type of stage.

Hopalong

The Area 6 match in Naples Florida (1995) was the first place I saw the "rain" through the window port done. I believe Mark Hudson was the stage designer. The water flow was very heavy, though. Looked more like a waterfall than a rainfall. :lol:

Lots of fun to shoot.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

Notice what I said....that I know of, guess what, now I know more. If you do not bring you shotgun let me know. I will have a semi there as well as a pump as a loaner. Can't wait.

Here is something even better, if the berms get built that is planned...2008 will have a rifle side match as well. :)

• 1 month later...

Attached you will find the match application. Please register early as the match filled in 2006.

Larry

You attached the 2006application... Check Linda Chico's website for the 2007 application after 3/1/07

Larry is the Match Director & I guess he decided to release the application early. The year "2006" on the application by the dates "July 12, 13, 14 & 15" is a typo. All the other dates & information are correct. Please use that application. It is also available on my website: 2007 Summer Blast Application.

Please note that the while the map to the range remains the same, all the other information on the site is from 2006 (Hotel details, side matches, shirts etc). I will change the information there as soon as Larry Houck sends me the updated details. To say I was caught by surprise would be an understatement.

I am emailing the link to all the shooters from last year, as well as anyone I told this year that the application would be available after March 1st . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Yes, I goofed! I was thinking we were posting on 1 Feb and I was behind, turns out the first time in my life I was ahead of schedule. Linda now has everything that is needed to go forward. Please visit the web site for more information.

Thanks, Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Stages are now posted on our web page at www.lchico.5u.com. Once there click on the Summer Blast on the left hand side.

All information about the match can be found here as well.

Looking forward to seeing you at the match.

Larry

Stages are now posted on our web page at www.lchico.5u.com. Once there click on the Summer Blast on the left hand side.

All information about the match can be found here as well.

Looking forward to seeing you at the match.

Larry

Use this link to get to the match website:

http://lchico.5u.com/blast.html

Note there is NO www at the beginning. Depending on your browser, that may be a problem.

Linda Chico (L-2035)