Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finnish Ipsc 3 Gun Extravaganza

Did I miss something, or is this kind of like I posted under "splain it"?

BTW continentals, production, overseas does NOT have a round limit...I guess we could learn a thing from IPSC, Glocks come with BIG magazines and they know it! ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Production rules are quite different between continents, AFAIK.

If any PD shooters are coming, I suggest to read IPSC rules according PD gun modifications. Few excamples:

No trigger jobs.

Mags must have same external dimensions than original ones. No ten round limit.

FO ok, any open sights ok, if installing sights does not need any machining to slide.

Tommi

I've seen dates for 2 different rifle matches, one billed as finnish, in july and one billed as nordic championships, in sept. one is part of a tournament, the other, believe is a stand alone match. I am correct or incorrect? Due to the information/talk on the Ipsc global village, pertaining to scoring, and manipulating divisions to allow use of minor calibers, to compete with higher score values, I to am LEERY.

Which is a shame because I was looking forward to shooting either match.

Trapr

manipulaing divisions is not the correct term, however allowing certain accepted, minor calibers to be scored with higher points than other minor calibers, is simply ridiculous IMO.

I think the match i sept. is the Norwegian Championship, not Nordic

I've seen dates for 2 different rifle matches, one billed as finnish, in july and one billed as nordic championships, in sept. one is part of a tournament, the other, believe is a stand alone match. I am correct or incorrect? Due to the information/talk on the Ipsc global village, pertaining to scoring, and manipulating divisions to allow use of minor calibers, to compete with higher score values, I to am LEERY.

Which is a shame because I was looking forward to shooting either match.

Trapr

manipulaing divisions is not the correct term, however allowing certain accepted, minor calibers to be scored with higher points than other minor calibers, is simply ridiculous IMO.

I think the match i sept. is the Norwegian Championship, not Nordic

TRUE

• 1 month later...

Mikkeli Practical XV Shotgun SM 2007

Invitation and additional info of the shotgun match

Match Name: XV Mikkeli Practical - Shotgun Nordic Championship

Level: III

Region: Finland

City: Mikkeli

Club: Mikkelin Ampujat Ry

Match Date: 2007-07-19

Discipline: Shotgun

Minimum Rounds: 140

Number of Stages: 11

Entry Fee (Local): 50

Entry Fee (USD): 65

Registration Deadline: 2007-06-19

Contact Name: Harri Sjögren

Contact E-mail: harri.sjogren@xpmikkeli.com

Comments: INVITATION

Mikkelin Ampujat Practical-division arranges XV Mikkeli Practical - Shogun Nordic Championship 2007, Internationally sanctioned Level III IPSC Match at 19th July 2006.

Divisions:

Standard, Open, Modified and Standard manual .

Location of range:

Savon Prikaati’s Kyrönpellon ampumarata, 5 kilometres north from Mikkeli to Jyväskylä. IPSC targets will be the signs.

Schedule:

Registration starts: 19.7.2007 07.00 at Range Office (Kyrönpirtti)

Match briefing starts: 19.7.2007 08.00 at Range Office

Shooting starts: 19.7.2007 08.30

Rules:

According IPSC rules (15th edition). Only the members of IPSC are allowed to participate.

Match Director: Mikko Neuvonen, MA

Range Master: Henrik Karsteen (NROI)

Prizes: Every divisions 1st, 2nd 3rd will be awarded. Teams will be awarded (if required numbers of competitors fill up).

Number of stages: Competition consist of 11 stages + PF.

Number of Rounds: approximately 140 (will be rectified as soon as possible) + PF

Entry fee and registration:

Entry fee is 50 € and team 30 € and should be paid before 19th June 2007.

Registration is accepted only if entry fee is paid before deadline.

Registrations preferably by literally and aggregate of competitors.

When you register, please include your first name, last name, division(Open/ Modified/Standard/Standard manual and category (Junior, Senior, Supersenior or Female) and possible squad requests (for example same gun)

Registration address:

Harri Sjögren, Savelantie 66, 52320 Vitsiälä, Finland

or by e-mail: harri.sjogren@xpmikkeli.com

Accomplished fees will be returned only by acceptable reason (medical certificate)

Bank information:

Bank office: Nordea pankki Suomi Plc

Address: Aleksanterinkatu 36, 00020 NORDEA, Suomi

SWIFT-code: NDEAFIHH

IBAN: FI0822651800004503

In Finland: 226518-4503

Write to bank notice: Mikkeli Practical and competitors name/names.

Also remember bring the bank notice to match place to prove that you have paid the registration fee.

Additional info:

Kimmo Iso-Tuisku, GSM: +358 50 5992642

puheenjohtaja@mapractical.com

Finlands best buffet is also at the range. Buffets menu contains warm meal and coffee with little snacks and sandwiches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tournament is now done. Thanks to all foreign shooters, especially to Carl and Jason. It was pleasant to meet You guys and spend a few hilarious days with You at range and learn something about shooting also. :bow:

Tommi

I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can get caught up here at work.

The Finnish Three gun series was an great experience. I really need to thank Tommi, Hannu and Piete for their hospitality. I would highly recommend travelling to Finland for their matches. The entire trip went very well.

Carl

I could't say enough good things about the match and the people who organized it. We were treated like family every where we went and the people were more than willing to include us in whatever activities that was going on after shooting.

This was my first "real" three gun match and I found help in every direction I looked. Thank goodness for guys like Carl, Tommy, and Hannu or I would still be out there shooting the shotgun match.

I'm not sure of next years format but I'm looking forward to going back. Thanks again for everything you guys did. You're welcome at my home anytime.

Jason

148 pictures of pistol match online... http://www.perfect-s.net/galleria/thumbnails.php?album=31

Went with more pictures less quality to get as many shooters as I could get. Hope you like the pics.

Hope my bandwith is sufficient :unsure: If somebody wants bigger pictures for publications or something like that contact me and I'll provide a bigger resolution picture. And if someone wants his/her picture off just give me a word...

- Henri Munck

Edit:

Here's a link to a zip file with all the pictures so no need to click 148 times ;)

http://rekyyli.pp.fi/SSG_Summer_Match_2007.zip

Edited by Heggis