Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drive By Practice

DanM

looks like fun!

i heard a rumor that Area 2 this year is planning to have a "roller coaster". oh my

When I was out there shooting a few weeks back they did have what looked to be a track for something. It was pretty high up there too.

• 1 month later...

Last year I shot a stage sitting in a chair bolted to the bottom of a trailer with a seat belt on.... with the RO sitting behind me... while the trailer was pulled across an area by a ATV which was littered with targets to shoot as you passed by.

The guy driving the ATV..... must have been crazy....Probably not safe... but really a ball :)

Edited by MichiganShootist

I can say with authority that riding the roller coaster/train for a stage is a great deal of fun. Coleman Gun Club and San Angelo Gun Club have both used it for matches. At the Coleman 4-H Match, I think the train was the stage most reshot. The match is a fund-raiser for the Coleman 4-H Club, so in the spirit of charity you can reshoot any stage you trashed for $5 per run. Honestly, I think they make the bulk of the money on reshoots. Some because you trashed one. Some because the stage is just too much fun to only do once.

L

Try this one from the Gator Classic.

What the stage description doesn't show is:

- The car is facing downrange.

- That T3 and T4 were directly in front of the driver. Reaching around the door post with your left, weak in my case, hand and engaging those targets without the aid of sights was interesting.

- Dropped mags can fall in your crotch.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5 Note the 'glovebox'.

edited to add: Hmmm. It wouldn't take a whole bunch of work to put our car on tracks or wheels. Lets see. A bit of cable. An electric motor. Hmmm.

Edited by Hank Ellis

Here is a picture of the roller coaster used in the Texas State 3_Gun Championship this year. The coaster rolled backwards this year.

The car debuted last year. It's axles are from a minivan. The car's run time is very consistent. We tried it with all different weights of people and other things. Turned out to be a fun ride.

Liota

Edited by Liota