Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Would You Pay?

half inch groups

As some of you know I'm into my 1911's. I found this 2011 frame for sale and was wondering what a good price for a New 2011 wide body long dustcover frame might be. any suggestions?

Another question, does this frame meet the DOJ CA. approved list? if not, thats ok, I'll build her in fla. and keep her there. just askin the pros. thanks in advance!post-8838-1160969958.jpg

can I buy the frame out of state, send it to an FFL dealer in CA and register it there?

What's your state of residence?

If your DL is California.. I wouldn't think anyone would sell it to you directly, and no FFL in California is going to take something not on the DOJ list.

If you are a California resident: BarSto, SVI, Para are real options.

I'm from Cali too. I work 7 mos. of the year in FL. and want to start shooting comps on the east when I'm there, shoot west when I'm in CA. I just saw the Barsto precision BS-40. for the first time, (never been to a competition) and I must say that they are some smart marketers! If Californians cant get STI's lets just knock off their wide body frame and slide, throw our top notch accessories on her and register her w the DOJ! I feel like steve martin in the jerk... "its a proffit deal".. Apparently I just dont know sh$t from shine-ola about these here raceguns. I bought the frame anyway for $395 shipped. the barsto I can get for $1995..

I'm divin in head first. I like .40's anyway..

I just saw the Barsto precision BS-40. for the first time, (never been to a competition) and I must say that they are some smart marketers! If Californians cant get STI's lets just knock off their wide body frame and slide, throw our top notch accessories on her and register her w the DOJ!

I believe Bar-Sto paid STI for the right to copy the design. Its not cheap to get a gun approved in CA. It wasn't worth it to STI but Bar-Sto sees a market and a profit and we in CA should be greatful. Good for them.

As far as transfering a non-list gun from out of state into CA its a no go. If I were you I would just bring the gun you transfered in Flordia with you to CA and not worry about it.

Happy shooting

I don't know how the deal was done but you can be sure that Bar Sto was totally upfront and legit about the business end of this - or any - deal that was/is being done. :) They have been around a very long time and have a sterling reputation. ;)

As a resident of California, you cannot buy that frame unless via a private party transfer. Period.

Now, a solution for you is to establish residency in Florida and then you can buy it, build it, whatever. However, when you come to California, you CANNOT bring hi-caps into the state. Period.

So if you plan on building that frame up, it better have a Florida address it's getting sent to and DROS'ed to. If it's going to a Florida address and you're a California resident, that's a no-go too (in the sense of you legaling being able to posess it in California).

I know this section of the law VERY well and will be doing my bit to thwart it once I return from Afghanistan. TMC and Richmond crew know of what I speak. ;)B):ph34r:

Rich

I commend Bar sto for what they did. I'm buying 2 of those BST40's. one for L-10 and one for open! please dont think I was questioning their methods for a minute. I am totally impressed and excited that i can basicly build a 2011! thats awsome! not to mention the out the box model looks like it would make a great shooter! I'm excited!

Yup. Bar-sto may well do some final machining and such like (makes it a lot easier to move parts if they aren't a 'gun' yet), but to date, the raw stock comes from STI. That could change if they felt like it and got the CNC code.

I don't know how the deal was done but you can be sure that Bar Sto was totally upfront and legit about the business end of this - or any - deal that was/is being done. :) They have been around a very long time and have a sterling reputation. ;)

Merlin,

BarSto is the finishing manufacturer of the gun. They built samples and submitted them for "safety" testing. The guns passed the test so the BS-40 is on the list. Nothing tricky, just following the laws.

Later,

Chuck

The Bar-Sto gun retails for $2100. Dawson sells the stock STI edge for $1685. That gives a 25% markup. I think Dawson give a pretty good discount so the average Ca markup may be higher. Look at the guns in the classified and add 30% and you are probably in the ball park. You may want to contact SV directly. They have a gun on the list.

Edited by ChuckS

I think they call it the Roberti-roos assault weapons ban it includes rifles, shotguns and pistols. Just because a pistol is not on the Approved list does not mean it can't be transfered private party. I do not condone this activity or do I participate in it or do I even live in Kalifornia. I just get irritated because I know it is illegal the people doing it know its illegal they did it any way. And no one will do anything to discourage it or stop it.

Gunther,

This thread has been drifting though a few subjects. Let me try to sort it out:

1) Importing handguns/ handgun frames into Ca.

They must be on the approved list. I think the only real exceptions are new residents bring them in or the immediate family thing.

2) PTP handgun transfers WITHIN Ca. If the gun is legally in Ca it can be transfered to another private party through an FFL. The gun does not need to be on the approved list.

3) The AW list is a whole nother can of worms. If you owned a gun on the list prior to a certain date (I think there are actullly 2 dates depending on what kind of gun) you had to register the gun or get rid of it. After that date, you could not buy the gun by any method. (I know some guys have been playing some game with "off list" receivers but I don't know how that turned out).

Hope this helps!

Chuck

PS: Hi Rich, how ya doin?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and if you use any of the information above you may wind up having a close personal relationship with Wesley Snipes.

We don't want anything that even looks like it might be illegal on these forums. Somebody let me know which posts could even be questioned and I'll delete them.

Thanks,

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

[edit: questionable posts and their replies have been deleted.]

Since this thread was created I have been hit up by several members who are willing to sell their limited STI or SV's in socal. What is a reasonable price for a bone stock Edge or an infinity? what about a limcat?

anyone?

Like it has been said, it's a seller market in CA and you can't compare it to other states. Pay what the seller wants or don't buy, simple as that.

Like it has been said, it's a seller market in CA and you can't compare it to other states. Pay what the seller wants or don't buy, simple as that.

thats wonderful! but SVI's are available in CA so that doesnt exactly put them in your catagory, and I just want to know what a hard chromed, infinity with a trigger job and a fiber optic site with 5000 rds through it maintained very well might fetch. thanks! then the next question would be, if you had a choice between a new BAR-STO BS .40 and and the gun I mentioned above, which gun would you all prefer? the infinity or the Bar Sto?

thats wonderful! but SVI's are available in CA so that doesnt exactly put them in your catagory, and I just want to know what a hard chromed, infinity with a trigger job and a fiber optic site with 5000 rds through it maintained very well might fetch. thanks! then the next question would be, if you had a choice between a new BAR-STO BS .40 and and the gun I mentioned above, which gun would you all prefer? the infinity or the Bar Sto?

bump..

With those two as my options, the Bar-Sto. Why? The Bar-Sto is new, it's a California gun and because Bar-Sto is trying to do what's right and get a gun for US into the state.

Rich

ETA: Sometimes it's not about the $$$. Sometimes it's about doing what's right and spending a couple of extra bucks on a company that has supported this sport since the beginning and are great people too.

Edited by uscbigdawg

With those two as my options, the Bar-Sto. Why? The Bar-Sto is new, it's a California gun and because Bar-Sto is trying to do what's right and get a gun for US into the state.

Rich

ETA: Sometimes it's not about the $$$. Sometimes it's about doing what's right and spending a couple of extra bucks on a company that has supported this sport since the beginning and are great people too.

Isnt doing whats right often times buying the the gun that is rarely available to US that make them worth what they are today and keepin em... THEN supporting that company willing to go the extra mile to get US the gun approved, for those who cant find or afford an S_I? I'm not bragging, but I make enough money to own both and was really wondering what an infinity hard chromed w 5000' rds through her might go for. the order is in for the BS-40. I couldnt resist. :wub:

anyone with a guesstimate of what a hard chromed infinity w a trigger job, and fiber optic site

w 5000+ rds through her is a decent price to pay? these answers usually just a display a dollar ($) sign with a numerical amount on them (12345). Why is this always so hard? can anyone just answer the question? not trying to be rude or condescending but I ask 2 questions, usually only one gets answered, and there's a debate over the question.. I love the info I get here, and I appreciate all who try to help, but damn people, everyone here is so confrontational! is this whats it like at the comps? I feel like i'm sometimes just talking to cops on the job..