Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has Anyone Received

Bob McGee

A little disappointed as I thought these would be big enough to carve out a set of Big Butts. No problem with what was received it will still make for custom grips carved to my specs. I will just have to figure out how to add the big butt. Again thank you to Cking for taking the time and effort to do this.

A few years ago I added a piece of wood to the bottom of my grips so that they had the big butt. Go to a good wood store and try to match the type of wood your grips are made of. Drill a pilot hole in the bottom of the grip and another in the new piece of wood. Get a long screw to attach the grip and the new piece of wood.

Using the new hole put a pin into the grip and the bottom piece of wood. Glue it to one of the pieces for reference. I'd use the new piece of wood so that when you take it off you still have your normal grip.

It will stay secure.

Bob

Yours should arrive any day now. Let me know if they don't I put tracking on all of them.

First thing I suggest is not remove any materials from the flat inner sides as there is very little extra material. Cut the left and right apart trim off the excess and then fit them to the frame until you get a perfect fit.

Then you have to decide to glue and shape or shape while the two halves are seperate.

Right now I'm working the shape without being glued. taking measurements off of other grips that fit me. Length of pull to trigger, thickness, width of backstrap area etc.

Since I'm a lefty, I'm going to build a thumb rest on right side as it won't interfere with reloads, finally an advantage to being a lefty.

One of things I like about the blank is that is long enough that my pinky has plenty of room and won't slip off during recoil. All the stock hogues left my pinky hanging.

Better yet, get a really dark wood and a piece of white plastic about 1/8th inch thick. Glue them on like a white line spacer in a rifle stock pistol grip cap. If you make them big enough you can get a really classy looking (IMO anyway) big butt on the grips.

I would laminate the plastic and dark wood on before splitting them, then fit and shape for the seamless look......

Making grips is extremely satisfying and fun too!!!

Rec'vd my "grip kit" yesterday, thought I was going to take my time with these but the grain

look's so cool I'm having trouble waiting :blink: Must take my time ! !

Don't worry Bob, the wait will be worth it.

Thanks again Cking for all the trouble doing this.

I still haven't received mine either. Why didn't they all ship at the same time?

In Ckings defence, if you check the old thread on this he didn't recieve everyones payment

at the same time, checks gotta clear, man's gotta find boxes to ship with.

(FYI, it's a preety big piece of wood, long anyway)

The last three shipments went out this morning. All have tracking.

So let me explain,,,, I only get a chance to do the PO run once a week because I have to take time off work.

So pick up the mail, ship out those that sent MO, then deposit the checks. Next week, check to make sure checks cleared, pick up more mail, do same thing over again. So today was the last iteration.

Mikey357 I sent yours priority mail as you asked and paid for.

Trying to keep the real names and forums names straight also got confusing.

Bob McGee you should have yours by now. As you went out in the second shipment. It not please pm me or email me. I'll check the tracking.

Sometimes the package notice gets lost, I forgot who but this happen to somebody so they PM me and I sent them the tracking info so they could contact the postman and get the package.

The box's are too big to fit most mail box's.

So post some pics when you finish them.

Glad your happy. No offense taken. The wood they used is much prettier than the Hogue grips I've bought on there on line auction.

Also everybody came through and paid and put up with my slowness. So we all risked a little and it paid off.

Just proves Gun people are GOOD people! I would not trust any other group of unknown people to order $700.00 worth of products on just note on a message board. Especially my relatives!

//ck