Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator For Bushing Barrel

JFlowers

Does anyone make a compensator for a standard 5" bushing barrel that does not require a 5" slide to be shortened?

If you intend to keep the bushing, there will not be enough barrel to thread for the comp.

A cone type comp might be what you are looking for.

So it looks like the answer is No.... I don't want a bushing comp, I don't see that as doing any good.

What I have is an odd-caliber Open Gun built on a Para. I acquired a 5" para cut 38 super barrel for a steal and was hoping that there was an easy way to convert to 38 super. Looks like I would have to cut the slide to 4.5" to thread the barrel and mount a true comp. So I will just put the barrel in a box and maybe I will need it some other time.

Thanks Guys

Is the barrel threaded?

I've not done it, but you may be able to screw on an EGW conversion cone and then screw on a compensator designed for a bull barrel. You will also need to borrow a barrel to compensator alignment reamer to cut the compensator hole for the bullet to pass thru.

The only one I've seen with a conversion cone did not have the 5" slide shortened.

Another option is visit with George Smith (EGW) and tell him what you have and what you want. He may be abe to machine a comp for you to your requirements.

Bill

So it looks like the answer is No.... I don't want a bushing comp, I don't see that as doing any good.

What I have is an odd-caliber Open Gun built on a Para. I acquired a 5" para cut 38 super barrel for a steal and was hoping that there was an easy way to convert to 38 super. Looks like I would have to cut the slide to 4.5" to thread the barrel and mount a true comp. So I will just put the barrel in a box and maybe I will need it some other time.

Thanks Guys

If you use a coned comp you won't have to shorten the slide and you can use the barrel you have. It just needs threaded and the cone replaces the bushing.

If you want a custom comp made, check out www.gansguns.com He has, or can make, anything you want. He does killer installs too!