Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Competition Sights

kamann

Hello everyone,

I received my Sevigny competition sights from I-shot about 3 weeks ago, and i really like these sights. The smooth rear sight is great for getting a sharper front sight focus.

My question is the front sight itself. I miked it out to .115 width. I tried my CGR .090 front sight and really liked that as far as sight picture. So i'm wondering what the consenus is here amongst folks who use these sights. Do you use the .115 front that came with them? Or do you prefer a smaller width? I did not seem to loose the front sight with the .090 that i've heard some people say, but I also to not have enough trigger time on both to see if one is better than another. I'm interested to hear what people have to say that use these sights.

Thanks!

I'm just using the .115 that came with the set. I used a .090 on my 2011 when I started but switched to about a .100. I don't see any problem with trying a narrower front sight but with the Glock the bottom of the sight is your base. The thinner it is the less stable. It's not like a 1911 sight that has it's own dovetail.

Thanks for the reply Chuck. You actually let me shoot your 17 at speed steel a couple months back with Nick and Norm. So that was the .115 front. For some reason at the time I thought it might have been a little narrower. I will run the .115 this weekend. I used the .090 at Croc and it was great, but it does seem a little less stable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...I'm using the .115 front that came with the set...I was initially a lil' CONFUSED after I put 'em on my 17, 'cause the "Sight Picture" looked just a lil' TIGHTER than I remember it being on a friend's 17...what he told me was that, originally, Dave S. spec'ed the front to be .110...and, being an EARLY set, that is what my friend's mikes out at...in later production runs, whatever vendor WTS/Sevigny are using deviated slightly from "Spec", and the fronts have been .115 since then...anyway, I think that they are a HUGE improvement over the "Plastic" sights that came on the gun...I MAY try a SLIGHTLY narrower front at some point, just for giggles 'n' grins....FWIW....mikey357

I suppose the .105 might be a good comprimise between what I have, however the .115 is starting to grow on me. It lets in just enough light around the sides to get a good sight picture, but not so much that you could throw your shots to far left or right, if that makes sense. I like em :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me where the hold is on the Sevigny Competition Sights. I have a 35 and just put slant pros on it and the impact with a 6 oclock hold is around 1 foot high. I like to shoot a slight 6 oclock hold to a point of aim point of impact. thank you.

Can anyone tell me if the Sevigny Competition Sights are point of aim point of impact or a slight 6 oclock hold.

• 2 weeks later...

...gee, my Sevigny sights shot a lil' LOW for me, using Federal 147 gr. FMJ in a second-gen 17...had to FILE a lil' off the front sight to get POI/POA in the same place...just goes to show guns and shooters are all INDIVIDUAL things....mikey357

• 6 months later...

Are you all using the Fiber Optic Warren front sight or a blackened sight?

I really want a fiber optic front, but am not sure how wide a front sight I should go with. I am currently still using the stock plastic adjustable Glock sights, but have blackened them out. I know I need to replace them to be competitive, and it is my next mod!

Edited by Glockster35

Hello: I have the Dawson fully adjustable sights and love them. I received the 0.100 front fiber optic first then I got the 0.125 to try. The 0.100 is 0.300 tall and a little to tall for my G22. The 0.125 is 0.285 tall and should work better once I get to try it. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I have the Dawson fully adjustable sights and love them. I received the 0.100 front fiber optic first then I got the 0.125 to try. The 0.100 is 0.300 tall and a little to tall for my G22. The 0.125 is 0.285 tall and should work better once I get to try it. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

You will like the Dawsons... I have the super skinny front and love it. My setup is on a G-34 (.285 tall front). For the G-34, really need .300" front because I ran out of elevation adjustment after adding KKM barrel. Sighted in good, just can't adjust anymore for height. With factory barrel, have some adjustment left. YMMV.

Okie

Are you all using the Fiber Optic Warren front sight or a blackened sight?

I really want a fiber optic front, but am not sure how wide a front sight I should go with. I am currently still using the stock plastic adjustable Glock sights, but have blackened them out. I know I need to replace them to be competitive, and it is my next mod!

I think most in this thread at the time were just using the Black front sight. I would be interested in trying the Sevigny FO front, but last time i tried that with a .105 Dawson FO front i was throwing mikes all over the place at distance, in other words i was just watching the dot rather than the sight picture. Others may not have that problem.

well also you have to take in account that the rear sight on the sevignys is deeper than the dawsons. Plus you don't actually use the Front Optic to aim you look on the slice of Metal on top of the FO to aim which gives you better hits. I have just recieved my Dawson Adjustables and love them because you don't have that deep cut in the Dawson Rear sight.

Have dealt with Scott Warren personally. First class guy, first class sights.

It's all about what works for you. Like Scott says, Train hard, Shoot hard.

Jim

well also you have to take in account that the rear sight on the sevignys is deeper than the dawsons. Plus you don't actually use the Front Optic to aim you look on the slice of Metal on top of the FO to aim which gives you better hits. I have just recieved my Dawson Adjustables and love them because you don't have that deep cut in the Dawson Rear sight.

Hey Stephan next match i'd like to take a sight picture on those if you don't mind.

Sounds good. I will be at the Albany match. I have not Dealt with Scott warren personally (i kinda live in the Northwest) but i do realize now what works for me. It took me a few matches but i got the idea of what my eyes do with black-on-black sights, SO that is why i switched to Dawson's