Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster For Caspian Hi-cap

rz317

I have a Comp-Tac holster for my STI,they should fit your Caspian.

http://www.comp-tac.com

I got the locking paddle and dual mag pouch holster, works great for IDPA and USPSA, although, if you don't shoot IDPA, you might want something a little more "racy".

Actually, I'm looking for a holster to use in Multi-Gun. I use a CR Speed race holster for USPSA. When I shoot Multi-Gun, I have to lock my CR, or chance my pistol flying out as I'm moving with a long gun. Then when I abandon my long gun and have to draw my pistol, having to disengage the CR’s lock defeats the whole purpose of a “race holster”. Plus, having to go prone with a long gun while carrying a pistol in a CR is uncomfortable.

Which STI pistol do you have? I think a kydex holster made for an STI Eagle might work with my Caspian Hi-Cap since they are both 5”, have standard dust covers, and square trigger-guards. Blade Tech makes one for the Eagle, but the lady there told me that it wouldn't work with my Caspian, as they're holsters were "weapon specific".

• 6 years later...

The Caspian hi-cap trigger guard is skinnier side-side and also front-back at the place most holsters lock or press-fit into. The Comp-Tac is fit to the contours of a gun frame so well that I would guess you'll have some rattle using an STI holster with Caspian gun. I would call or email Comp-Tac and ask if you can send your gun, I think they could custom-mold a holster around your gun & it would only take a few days.

The Comp-Tac holsters for the XDm 5.25 and CZ Shadow fit perfect and pop the gun out on the draw nicer than most other brands.

Edited by eric nielsen

I called comp-tac this afternoon and they said they don't make anything that would fit and don't do custom orders for less than 50 pieces. I'll try bladetech tomorrow, just because I really like my other bladetech, and if they can't do it i'll try center of mass and ky tac. Thanks for the input.

well, I seem to be striking out with those options. Bladetech has stopped taking custom orders due to such a big backlog, kytac won't pick up the phone, and center of mass said they make one for a para p16 that might work. I don't think a holster made for the p16 (rounded trigger guard) would work for the caspian frame (square trigger guard).

So how's this idea sound: Order a bladetech for the STI Eagle (since it has a square trigger guard, even though the trigger guard is much larger than the caspian) and just heat it up and reform the trigger guard area to my gun. It seems like a good enough idea to me, but I thought I'd see what you folks thought before I go melting holsters.

• 6 months later...

Try out Triple Crown holsters he is a fellow shooter, and his work it top notch! He can make it any way you want, offset, or with any belt system you want, Etc.

http://www.crown3x.com/

I tried him. Going back and forth on e-mail now. I want as many manufcaturer options as possible to make a good decision.