Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

Steve,

Have you considered having a classifier stage at your match? It could be a good thing to help the participation stats at HQ. Actually, if we get the same number of GMs that shot last year, the match itself may be able to count as a classifier but there is probably some level of approval that needs to be done.

Just a thought. Happy holidays

Chuck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equipment requirements?

I presume they're either PSSD or Single Stack Society, right?

Also, is there a preferred hotel?

All the information that is not covered in this thread is at:

http://www.riopractical.com/WSSSC/wsssc.htm

I don't recall seening a match hotel. Being economy minded, we are usings "El Ocho Fabuloso*" on Power and Main in Mesa.

See you there,

Chuck

* Super 8

Edited by ChuckS

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Hey Chuck, me and the fellas have discussed that..........we are right at 110 shooters right now.......I need to call Mike Voight and find out any changes about the single stack division...........

Steve

Steve H said yesterday that there is less than 20 slot's left! It's going to be a GOODER! :)

Hey Chuck, me and the fellas have discussed that..........we are right at 110 shooters right now.......I need to call Mike Voight and find out any changes about the single stack division...........

Steve

Steve H said yesterday that there is less than 20 slot's left! It's going to be a GOODER! :)

John,

Steve said he may have to create a super super senior class for you. :D

Just kidding. I can't wait for this match.

well i hope i shoot like i did yesterday at Steves local match. i felt real good all day, Jasmap where were you bro?

I shot Saturday but I had stuff to do with family on Sunday. I wish I had been there. I have a feeling you'll do well at the WSSSC this year.

well i hope i shoot like i did yesterday at Steves local match. i felt real good all day, Jasmap where were you bro?

Hey scott did you beat the guy with the broken foot ! :wacko: lol j/k

Edited by feenz

:P I shot Saturday but I had stuff to do with family on Sunday. I wish I had been there. I have a feeling you'll do well at the WSSSC this year.

Sunday is your house cleaning day right! dishies,tiolets,vacum! :lol: and you better watch out for senior shooter's they mite make you cry! ;) lol j/k

Chuck,

You are right, the update on Dec 2006 from USPSA website said no more Drop-offset Holster , only can use belt holster (grip front strap is at or above the top of the belt). the mag pouches rule no change, is the same with Production (2 inches from torso).

Peter Q

Chuck,

I think they are fine, but there might be some changes after the current BOD meeting minutes get published.........I will be talking to Mike Voight at the Area 2, and will post more info after that...........but as of now those are ok, just like in production.

Thanks for the update!

Where's this at on uspsa.com? I looked and I can't find it. And I may be wrong but don't the rules have to be presented to the membership formally 1st and aren't the proposed rules for the 2008 rulebook? I'm really not sure on this. I'm kinda confused as to whether the DOH is still legal and when it will be REALLY illegal.

Edited by jasmap

I found the info under USPSA "Rules", and is the "1911 Single Stack Division Rules Update (PDF) - Update of Devember, 2006

This update applies to the 1911 Single Stack rules for this provisional division."

Is anyone knows the update was confirmed?? I like my DOH a lot, if I can use it will be great!

PQ

Where's this at on uspsa.com? I looked and I can't find it. And I may be wrong but don't the rules have to be presented to the membership formally 1st and aren't the proposed rules for the 2008 rulebook? I'm really not sure on this. I'm kinda confused as to whether the DOH is still legal and when it will be REALLY illegal.

Peter,

take a look at the BOD minutes at: http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20061121.html

(it requires a members login)

about 80% of the way down the page you will see:

Motion: To adopt changes to provisional Single Stack rules effective 1/1/2007

Moved by Area 4

Seconded by Area 5

Passed

At the bottom of that page in the Appendix D 6 section you will see:

23. Holsters should be suitable for everyday use. Competition holsters of the race gun type are specifically not allowed. All retention features of the holster must be used. The holster, must carry the pistol so that the grip front strap is at or above the top of the belt. The holster, must not be cut further than 1/2 inch below the front of the ejection port and cover the slide completely up to 1/2 inch below the ejection port. A belt slide holster, such as a Yaqui slide, is exempt from the covering the slide and the 1/2 inch cut requirements.

That reads the same as the update you found. Steve said in an email that the match will use the new rules. I asked Steve about the new rules because of this one:

25. Classifications for the provisional division shall be the highest classification on record other than Open Division, unless Open Division is the only classification on file.

I like number 25 :rolleyes:

See you next Saturday!

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Chuck,

Is the CR Mag Pouches good to use in SS? I see that magazine in the Pouch is less than 2 inches from the body??

<edit to add (bad) pictures>

PQ

Peter,

take a look at the BOD minutes at: http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20061121.html

(it requires a members login)

about 80% of the way down the page you will see:

Motion: To adopt changes to provisional Single Stack rules effective 1/1/2007

Moved by Area 4

Seconded by Area 5

Passed

At the bottom of that page in the Appendix D 6 section you will see:

23. Holsters should be suitable for everyday use. Competition holsters of the race gun type are specifically not allowed. All retention features of the holster must be used. The holster, must carry the pistol so that the grip front strap is at or above the top of the belt. The holster, must not be cut further than 1/2 inch below the front of the ejection port and cover the slide completely up to 1/2 inch below the ejection port. A belt slide holster, such as a Yaqui slide, is exempt from the covering the slide and the 1/2 inch cut requirements.

That reads the same as the update you found. Steve said in an email that the match will use the new rules. I asked Steve about the new rules because of this one:

25. Classifications for the provisional division shall be the highest classification on record other than Open Division, unless Open Division is the only classification on file.

I like number 25 :rolleyes:

See you next Saturday!

Chuck

Chuck,

Is the CR Mag Pouches good to use in SS? I see that magazine in the Pouch is less than 2 inches from the body??

I am not sure. All I could find on pouches was:

Magazine pouches should be designed for continuous daily carry and should be

reasonably concealable.

Holsters and magazine pouches shall be worn in accordance with the diagram illustrated

in Appendix F3 in the current edition of the USPSA rulebook.

Rule 5.2.3.1 does not apply. <_<

and

10 Maximum distance of handgun and magazines from torso 2 inches

I think this has been discussed before so you may want to search around the forums. The key lies in the definition of reasonably concealable and continuous daily carry :huh: .

Later,

Chuck

PS: Anybody setting up carpools?

Steve,

The CR Speed Mag Pouches were ok in Production, so is that also ok to use in your WSSSC2007 match??

Peter Q

Chuck,

I think they are fine, but there might be some changes after the current BOD meeting minutes get published.........I will be talking to Mike Voight at the Area 2, and will post more info after that...........but as of now those (Safariland 771 Mag Pouch)are ok, just like in production.

Hey guys,

I have about 30 confirmations to send out, and will be doing that about mid next week.....the match is just about full, maybe about 10 slots left...........stages are complete. I will re-read the rules about the hosters and gear and let you all know.......

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.....and I look forward to seeing you all next month.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Peter Q

Hey guys,

I have about 30 confirmations to send out, and will be doing that about mid next week.....the match is just about full, maybe about 10 slots left...........stages are complete. I will re-read the rules about the hosters and gear and let you all know.......

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.....and I look forward to seeing you all next month.

Steve