Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time To Get A Little Crazy.....

Jerry V

For those who don't know, it is a 8 stage, 400++ round USPSA match in Dundee, Oregon this Sat. & Sun.

Underlug & two others from Washington will be sharing in the fun as we show how it's done with a wheelgun......high round count, who cares.....we're wheelgunners, we're used to reloading.....a lot :P

Will let you all know how it goes......

JV

Edited by Jerry V

Holy Moly Batman.

8 stages and ~ 50 rounds each. Wow.

Let's see.... start with 9 moons and maybe a couple of spares in a pocket...

That should be fun.

Holy Moly Batman.

8 stages and ~ 50 rounds each. Wow.

Let's see.... start with 9 moons and maybe a couple of spares in a pocket...

That should be fun.

[quote

Don't what the round count for the stages are this year, but last year it looks like it was 56, 56, 48, 50, 62, 49, 57, 54........ought to be fun :D

This year--50, 60, 48, 50, 51, 53, 57, 58. 427 total.

Got ALL of you wheelgunners on my squad. Hmm. Round guns and Open division Glocks.

Interesting combination. Is Walt shooting? Hasn't signed up yet.

Bill

Jerry, My wife and I and Jon S, the infamous Underlug, will be traveling south to join in this revo insanity. Friends of mine who have shot this before tell me I am crazy to shoot this with a revo. I briefly considered the 8 shot limited 10 cop-out but that isn't what USPSA revo is all about now is it? But what the hey, to most USPSA shooters we are nuts anyway! So what the hell! Frankly the idea of having 14+ moons of .45 on me at one time makes my back hurt, but I am up for anything once. I looked at the videos from last year and I still want to shot it, so it can't be all bad. Looking forward to meeting evryone, see you there.

Roger

Hey Rodger

Look forward to meeting the three of you, have shot with a few Washinton wheelgunners this year, all good people. I also contemplated going the 627/L10 route, but stuck with the 625 after getting encouraging support from others.

This is going to be a good match and we're on great squad.........all is well ;)

See you all tomorrow morning

JV

Jerry, My wife and I and Jon S, the infamous Underlug, will be traveling south to join in this revo insanity. Friends of mine who have shot this before tell me I am crazy to shoot this with a revo. I briefly considered the 8 shot limited 10 cop-out but that isn't what USPSA revo is all about now is it? But what the hey, to most USPSA shooters we are nuts anyway! So what the hell! Frankly the idea of having 14+ moons of .45 on me at one time makes my back hurt, but I am up for anything once. I looked at the videos from last year and I still want to shot it, so it can't be all bad. Looking forward to meeting evryone, see you there.

Roger

BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Underlug,

Best of luck to you, Roger, & the Alpha Bear. Alan K. from Bunyan and Kevin B. from Kitsap will also be down there but shooting in Limited. I must point out that I've seen you run and your war cry is more like "banzai...ZZZZZZZZZ..." :D Of course, I can't speak too much, they broke out the sundial to time me at the last match. Have fun - play nice.

You wheel gunners get a lot of respect from me. I'll have at least 3 big sticks on me when I go on the 'jungle run.' Last year was my first croc and I ran dry twice on that stage with my limited gun.

Underlug,

Best of luck to you, Roger, & the Alpha Bear. Alan K. from Bunyan and Kevin B. from Kitsap will also be down there but shooting in Limited. I must point out that I've seen you run and your war cry is more like "banzai...ZZZZZZZZZ..." :D Of course, I can't speak too much, they broke out the sundial to time me at the last match. Have fun - play nice.

I thought that was my own little seret

WHAT A MATCH !!

First, Congratulations to Rodger (Steel shooter) for winning Top Revolver ;)

He earned it, it went down to the last stage.....which he shot cleaner & quicker.

Teddi shot a excellant match with her 586/minor

Jon (Underlug) also shot a good match, even though he had a frustrating 1st day with some FTF issues.

No matter what just competing in this match with a revolver is quite a accomplishment and after the match, all of us are looking forward to doing it again.......hopefully a few other "crazy" wheelgunners will join us next year. One thing I promise, you'll never be intiminated by high round count stages ever again, you will fully understand that there is no such thing as a "unfriendly revolver" stage.....the only thing you might fear is stage equipment not activating when your more than half way through a 54 round stage.....the nightmare is when it happens again :blink:

Thanks to all who work real hard to put on a awesome match, it was great !!

(revolver squad picture L to R) Jon (Underlug), Jerry, Rodger (Steelshooter) & Teddi)

Edited by Jerry V

:blink: I've never seen soooooooo many moon clips in one place at one time. Jerry, that is a great squad picture. I could kick myself now for not shooting with you guys. I'm glad I stopped by to see how things were going. It was nice to finaly meat Underlug, Steelshooter and Teddi. Maybe we can also get Dan C up here next year. I also know of three others that will shoot it then.

Watching you guys and Teddi was a nice treat. I also noticed and heard good things being said about the way all of you attacked the course. :ph34r:

YOU'ALL DID GOOD. :ph34r:

:D What an awesome match. I want to thank all the people who worked so hard to design and set up the stages. This high round count stage is mostly for the hi-cap crowd, but the shooting was fast and intense. I was happy to have Jerry around to make me work for the top spot. It was very close, I was at 100, Jerry at 95+, Jon at 76 and my lovely revo shooting wife at 73. When she moves to major I better look out. The biggest kick was the infamous Jungle run stage, this starts out down a path as fast as you can run and then...targets appear, lots of targets.

Lets see if I can post a picture of Teddi at speed.

post-6515-1157341501.jpg

Edited by Steelshooter

Jerry, Jon, Roger and Teddi--It was truly a pleasure being squadded with you for the

match. I really enjoyed watching you round gunners working your way through some

HUGE stages that were not at all six-shooter friendly.

Come back next Labor Day weekend, and bring a few more with you.

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill, As always, it was a privlidge (& entertaining) to be squaded with you & Nancy,

Thanks !!

+1 on what Roger wrote.....watch out when Teddi gets going with a 625 ;)

How about a couple more pictures of Teddi taking on a stage:

WHAT A MATCH !!

First, Congratulations to Rodger (Steel shooter) for winning Top Revolver ;)

He earned it, it went down to the last stage.....which he shot cleaner & quicker.

Teddi shot a excellant match with her 586/minor

Jon (Underlug) also shot a good match, even though he had a frustrating 1st day with some FTF issues.

No matter what just competing in this match with a revolver is quite a accomplishment and after the match, all of us are looking forward to doing it again.......hopefully a few other "crazy" wheelgunners will join us next year. One thing I promise, you'll never be intiminated by high round count stages ever again, you will fully understand that there is no such thing as a "unfriendly revolver" stage.....the only thing you might fear is stage equipment not activating when your more than half way through a 54 round stage.....the nightmare is when it happens again :blink:

Thanks to all who work real hard to put on a awesome match, it was great !!

(revolver squad picture L to R) Jon (Underlug), Jerry, Rodger (Steelshooter) & Teddi)

It was all fun. The folks at Dundee did one Hell of a job on the match and making us wheelgunners feel welcome. A big thank you to all of them and our squad.

Jerry V and Roger fighting it out was fun to watch. Jerry having to start the same stage 3 times due to freak equipment failures was not fun to watch, but, showed how tough of a competitor he is. It was on the most interesting and involved stage of the match and had to mess with one's head.

Roger deserved to win and go home with the girl.

I'd love to do it all again next year and I hope we have more round gunners there. The only physical problem was the heat and long day Saturday. The stages, when my gun was going bang, were pure fun and the problems encountered were fun, too.

If people figure out how much more interesting solving the problem with six and reload is, we are going to have lots more people doing the revolver thing.

When it hits the fan and your count is thrown off, is when you find out if you can adjust. You hate it when it happens, but, you have got so much more to laugh and talk about afterwards.

WWWHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Teddi shooting ?? looks like a 686 with moonclips (if so, who's clips and what brass)

The 2nd picture is great, the look of determination, very cool.

Congrats to all, don't know if my trigger finger could hold up to 50+ rnds :wacko:

Teddi shoots a 686 with Heathco clips and does it very, very well. No one complained of trigger finger problems. The heat and length of the day Saturday were the only real physical challenges. It was a great match to do with a revolver

Teddi's revolver actually started its life as a Model 586. It is one of the Brazilian contract revolvers that is chambered in .38 special only. Roger had Clark mill the cylinder for moonclips. She uses Hearthco moonclips and Starline brass. She uses the Hearthco clips because she had serious problems with other brands when using the Starline brass. After Roger had a Weigand front sight assembly installed, he had the entire revolver hard-chromed.

I often regret that I traded that revolver to him - usually after the final scores have been posted and Teddi's gleefully pointing them out to me <_< . She normally beats me like a drum. She is very smooth on her reloads. It will be interesting to watch her improvement when she starts shooting the 625. Beware of the "Alpha Bear"!

Thanks for the info on Teddi's revo.....a 586 38 special ?? neat, never heard of it.

I asked about the clips and brass since a friend is going thru the same issue as far as brass

and moonclips, way too loose for him also.

Ah yes, the guns we've sold or traded and kicked ourselves weeks, months or even

years later about :(