O...H... _... _

Flexmoney

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great game. It was one of the best I've ever watched.

I was very happy to see Michigan still with a #2 ranking because, plain and simple, they deserve it. USC (sorry, Rich) has no business being #2 nor does Florida (playing a I-AA team in late November? What kind of crap is that?). Notre Dame doesn't belong in front of Michigan either. Michigan is clearly the #2 team and Saturday night only proved it more.

No offense Dave. USC is a Top 8 team at best. I love my alma mater, but they will more likely than not lose to ND, and (gulp) UCLA. They're just too beat up, too young and too inexperienced to go far this year. It's scary how great the talent is, but they're still learning. There were HUGE changes in the off season. Losing 98% of your touchdowns to the NFL will do that. Too, losing your 3 year, Heisman starting QB, your offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, in a 2 year span will hit anyone hard.

Thank goodness for awesome recruiting classes (we have a kid coming in next year that they say will make you forget the name Reggie Bush).

That said, Ohio State is and has always been a great program. Teddy Ginn or their QB (can't remember his name) are definitely the lead candidates for the Heisman and it'll be a travesty if it goes to anyone else. We ALMOST had Ted Ginn. It was down to USC or TOSU and at the All American Bowl, he decided to stay home. I think I would have too. Tressel runs an awesome program.

Good luck to TOSU. I hope they win out. They are head and shoulders above anyone else and the National title is their to lose.

Rich

P.S. TOSU = THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

Defense baby....D-Fence!

No. The Trojans were motivated last night. A little too much so in my opinion, since there was way too much trash talkin' to each other instead taking that motivation and applying to the game.

As for the BCS game, if 'SC wins out (which I still think they're going to lose to *gulp* UCLA) I think that TOSU and Michigan are still a legit possibility. The one that has you head scratchin' is OU securing a birth into the B-12 Championship Game yesterday. If they win the B-12, then there's the whole 'they won their conference title game and that's worth more than a straight up conference win'. That's a retarded argument, especially in the B-12, when there's only like 3 teams that are worth anything (I know the Pac-10 isn't the best, but if the argument that the Pac-10 is weak, then the B-12 needs to be honest too).

I'm not ruling out a SEC team leap froggin' Michigan or USC either.

Rich

It's looking like USC.

Thanks to Charlie Weis. I've never watched a football game, collage or pro, and yelled "What the hell?!?" more than last night.

How do you think I feel???

The Irish can be their own worst enemy!

Not detracting from USC ,they are a damn good team, but just like the Mich. game Brady and the boys just did the dumbest things possible on that field.

60 yard run by Brady Quinn ............. only to get to the 5 yard line and fumble the damn ball.

USC goes 3 and out ...............

Notre Dame blocks their punt .............

And they score (the hard way) 5 minutes after they should have.

:huh:

Talk about being your own worst enemy! :rolleyes:

I'm not ruling out a SEC team leap froggin' Michigan or USC either. Rich

Let us not think about that.

Quite possible that the Gators could leap up to #2. I'm just so happy that Auburn beat UF, logically that would land the Tigers at #3 after all is said and done. But, we're talking about D1 NCAA football and there's nothing logical about the polls/national championship. Heck, you can go undefeated and not even be given a shot at the title...Buckeye fans count your blessings for an early season #1 ranking and no other major undefeated teams.

• 2 weeks later...
Troy Smith.

Kyle,

That was automatic. If anyone said that someone other than Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden would have won the Heisman they were lying. Peterson spent the whole season injured and McFadden is stuck in a no-dimensional offense. Smith's game against Texas and Michigan sealed it.

Rich

Not a shocker at all. Darren McFadden was AWESOME last year (even when they were stomped by the Trojans in LA). This year, while a "down" year for his ability still showed that he's a serious talent and the voters saw it too. Brady Quinn never lived up to the hype. He had a stat heavy year last year, but that was in a wide open system, completely opposite of anything Notre Dame has done and teams had difficulty reacting to the Quinn/Schemardja (spelling) connection. This year, you knew what they were going to do. Run to setup the pass. And because ND is ND, had Quinn just had a solid year, he probably had the Heisman wrapped.

However, that's why we still play the games and on game day, when defenses put their helmets on or near Quinn, he folded and did so quickly.

Troy Smith had a lot of rollover hype from last year stepping in to a program semi in flux. He did it right last year and carried that into this year rolling over everyone with a completely rebuilt defense (TOSU lost a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball and stepped up like few teams have).

Congrat's to the Buckeyes and take it to the 'Gators!

Rich

• 2 weeks later...