Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm thinking Liddell wins it, but it should be a good fight.

After Bonnar's last two fights, I think Griffin is going to easily mutilate him. Bonnar REALLY needs this win, but I don't think he can do it. This fight is the UFC's last chance to make money off of Bonnar before he loses again, and Griffin needs the win to prevent a backwards slide. The somewhat questionable loss to Tito didn't hurt his career much, but a loss against Bonnar would definitely hurt. I'd rather see a Griffin/Evans fight.

Liddell has one of the best take down defenses in the business... this really hurts Babalu's game. I don't think Babalu can stand with the Iceman for half a round, and if he tries, he is getting knocked out quick. If Babalu plays his game, and Liddell keeps his takedown defense good, it should be a good fight, with Liddell winning in a later round by KO or stoppage.

Griffin will probably walk through Bonnar, but there is always a strikers chance.

My money is on Liddell and Griffin.

I would bet Bonnar. Both coming off a loss, both should be hungry.

Babalu vs. Chuck? Hmmm. If it goes past 1 round I like Babalu by submission. Worst kinda fight to bet though, as I hate betting against a guy with heavy hands who holds the title.

One very good fight will be Neer vs. Nick Diaz. Nick needs a win BAD. He has fought the toughest fights of anyone in the UFC, one after another after another. If he brings his A-game, I would bet Diaz.

Sobral.....Because I dont like Liddel

+1

The only reason I wanted Liddell to win is because that was a requirement for him to fight Wanderlei. But since that fight is cancelled anyway, I am rooting for Sobral.

Griffin vs. Bonnar will probably be Griffin. I don't care much for that fight. Griffin's fights look like non-technical slugfests... <_<

Can't wait for the rest of both Pride Bushido and Pride OWGP B);)

The one that I have been waiting for is Hughs vs. St.Pierre.

I don't understand why they have not given GSP a title shot yet?

GSP was slated to fight Hughes but is out with a groin injury, so BJ Penn stepped up.

I think Liddell will win hands down!!! He has the best take down defense and if he gets taken down can just stand right back up. Look at when he fought Randy Couture he got taken down and Randy couldn't even keep him down. Sobral won't be able to get Liddell down. Hopefully it will end the same way it ended last time with a left round house kick to the face with Liddell victorious. We shall find out soon enough!!! It just sux that Wanderlei and Liddell isn't going to happen. That is the fight I've been waiting for for several years. Hopefully some day it will actually happen. Liddell fought in Pride so Pride should send their top dawg to fight in the UFC.

As for Griffen and Bonnar my vote goes to Griffen. Griffen has improved so much more since the end of TUF 1. Bonnar has also improved but not as much as Griffen. Plus, Bonnars last fight was a disappointment and he looked so out of his element. I believe that Griffen is more marketable to the UFC and is the better choice to win.

GSP is one of my favorite fighters and will hopefully recover and get his well deserved title fight. I would also love to see a GSP vs. Gracie fight in the near future. It would be great to see Gracie lose a few fights in the UFC before he retires.

GSP already HAD a title shot and Hughes beat him. GSP has dropped out of the upcoming fight due to injury. BJ Penn is up now.

Chuck wiped out Sobral quick. Sobral did not fight smart at all.

Griffin/Bonner was a good fight, but Bonner was facing a better fighter. Another decision for Griffin. Bonner fought well, and we'll likely still see him again.

Good to see Diaz win again. Don't like him cause he's a prick, but like to watch him fight.

Can't believe Shamrock and Tito are going to fight again in October on Spike. I've always liked Shamrock, but seeing him as a "coach" on the show kind of killed my interest. I've never liked Tito. I hope they just bring guns to the octagon this time and finish it.

Liddell has one of the best take down defenses in the business... this really hurts Babalu's game. I don't think Babalu can stand with the Iceman for half a round, and if he tries, he is getting knocked out quick. If Babalu plays his game, and Liddell keeps his takedown defense good, it should be a good fight, with Liddell winning in a later round by KO or stoppage.

Griffin will probably walk through Bonnar, but there is always a strikers chance.

My money is on Liddell and Griffin.

CRAP! I should have had money on that fight. :lol: Oh well, I am suprised Babalu stood with Liddell in the first round, that was an obvious mistake.

As far as Griffin and Bonnar, those boys need to get an anatomy book and look up where the chin is. They stand there and beat on each others foreheads expecting to knock the other one out, but neither is strong enough for that. They will fight again, and again it will be a long drawn out forehead beating.

I thought it was one of the better events over the past year or so. I wish the Liddell/Babalu fight lasted a bit longer. I'm suprised with all the training and all the planning that Babalu thought he could try standing with Liddell. Everyone knows Liddell is a counterfighter and that is always how he catches people. He not only hits harder than anyone currently in the UFC he does it when he is moving backwards or to the side. Babalu tried to throw Liddell out of his comfort zone or something by attacking him as reckless as he did. Babalu doesn't have the precision as Liddell and paid deeply for his mistakes. After getting rocked a few times it appears that he went for a takedown only to get caught with an uppercut. It just goes to show that even the toughest guys in the world can't take a punch from Liddell.

As for the Griffen and Bonnar fight I thought it was a good match up again. I def. feel Griffen looked much more refined with better technique and combinations.

As for the comment about hitting to the forehead and not the chin, it is extremely difficult to hit a trained fighter in the chin because they always keep their shoulders up and their chin down making it a difficult target to hit. Griffen is a great fighter and I'm excited to see him improve over the next few years. He's not ready for Liddell but can prob. stand with a lot of the top contenders in the 205 class.

I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with Cheick Kongo the French Muay Thai/Greco Roman Wrestler. I'm dying to see more of this guy. I'm glad that the stand up fighters are finally dominating this sport. What a great turn of events. With some more experience we may have a marketable heavy weight champion. Silva is good and has improved ten fold over the past year or so but is he really the best heavy weight in the world??? Time will tell and hopefully the UFC has Cheick scheduled for more fights. They were talking about a possible fight between Cheick and Frank Mir. My money is on Cheick but Mir def. does have more experience.

Pete

I think Babalu looks hungry.

Hungry for a two liter bottle of ass whuppin!

Few people like Chuck or really respect him as a fighter. I like him. Too bad he and Silva won't get to fight, but I'd love to see him smash Tito again :o

What's everyone got against Chuck?

Edited by chp5

Few people like Chuck or really respect him as a fighter. I like him. Too bad he and Silva won't get to fight, but I'd love to see him smash Tito again :o

I think Chuck is the MAN. He is not invinsible, but is a darn good fighter. He is alot more technical than people give him credit for.

I think Babalu looks hungry.

Hungry for a two liter bottle of ass whuppin!

Chuck reallly lacks for personality and does a poor job engaging the public. Randy was likable and approachable. Chucks corner threw in the towel during that Jackson fight which is bs in my book.

Gut feeling ;)

He seems very arrogant and unapproachable. Tito for instance, acts very arrogant, but he is great to the fans. I like good fighters, but they have to be cool outside the ring also.

Fighters like Randy, Bas Rutten, Matt Hughes and Fedor. Chuck lacks that class IMHO.

Edited by spook

Gut feeling ;)

He seems very arrogant and unapproachable. Tito for instance, acts very arrogant, but he is great to the fans. I like good fighters, but they have to be cool outside the ring also.

Fighters like Randy, Bas Rutten, Matt Hughes and Fedor. Chuck lacks that class IMHO.

I actually totally disagree with you about this. Whenever Chuck wins he always invites his fans to an after party. He gives his fans what they want and that is great knockouts. He does his talking in the ring. I think that is one of the reasons I like him so much. He isn't arrogant and will fight anyone at any time. That is what a true fighter is all about. Then, when asked how he trained for his fight he just says I train the same way for every fight. He doesn't change his gameplan because he knows he will knock anyone out whenever he connects.