Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Seriously Shoot A G19 In Competition?

backspin

I got a G19 when all I thought of getting into was IDPA. Plenty of compact guns there.

Now that I have been shooting IPSC exclusively I don't see anyone shooting a compact gun...except for me that is.

Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who shoots a compact in competitions. Any A-class and up shooters for that matter?

thanks!

There are a couple of people in our local area (DFW, TX) that are shooting the G19...... and if I remember correctly, they are at least a "B" if not higher.

I started out with one, too.....just have big hands and got too much slide bite with the 19, so switched to a 34/35.

Mike

I started with one in IDPA but didn't bring it into USPSA. I went to a 34 for USPSA though I only a C in USPSA and a marksman in IDPA. I did shoot an area match in June where in my squad we had a D class production shooter with a 19 and he won his class/division using that 19 and factory Glock holster and mag pouches. As I've seen pointed out here, it's the Indian not the arrow.

There was a guy in my sqaud at a local match who shot one in production, and he was flying with it, and i've seen others using them. In fact I know one guy who is B class with an open 17, and he commented that he would like to build an open 19 for the fun of it. Man that would be cool. I used to own a 19 before I traded it for a 34. Boy I miss that gun.

i think it depends on what you want to get out of competition shooting.

if you're looking to better your skills with a/your carry gun the there is nothing wrong with shooting the G19 in IDPA or USPSA.

however, if you want to be competitve and win, then there is a slight, not much, disadvantage shooting against people with longer barrels.

In fact I know one guy who is B class with an open 17, and he commented that he would like to build an open 19 for the fun of it. Man that would be cool.

Thought about building a Open 19 myself. If KKM made a gunsmith fit barrel for the

19 I would probably do it. Might make a really fun Open gun!

I shot a 19 at sanctioned matches a couple of years ago and liked how the 19's grip fit me compared to fullsize Glocks. The next year I took a 17 and had the grip chopped to 19 length. Had my best year in IDPA with that setup.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys.

I just shot my first 4 classifiers since joining USPSA today with a stock 19 and came around 7% short of B class.

I guess I'm going to keep shooting the 19 and see how far it takes me.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys.

I just shot my first 4 classifiers since joining USPSA today with a stock 19 and came around 7% short of B class.

I guess I'm going to keep shooting the 19 and see how far it takes me.

Wow, 7% short of B class with a stock 19, thats awesome. Sounds like your doing just fine with it. I still miss mine, might have to pick another one up.