Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Name Needed For Slide-glide #3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone for all the fun input. (And the great ideas.) ;)

Although I don't like it as well, probably,

Slide-Glide Lite

Slide-Glide Medium

Slide-Glide Heavy

... makes the most sense. By creating less work for myself down the road.

But I'm gonna throw another twist in this 3-page thread. ;)

Everything, up till this post, is regarding selling all 3 weights off my website. But as far as getting the stuff in and selling it in the tubes, my plan at this moment is to only sell Slide-Glide Lite and Slide-Glide Medium in the tubes.

I sell very little #3, compared to the other 2 weights. And the main push to getting the Glide in the tubes is so I can expand its market. Dillon catalog, more dealers, that sort of thing. With maybe even some advertising. :o And since I'll have to buy the tubes a zillion at a time, with the artwork already on them, just selling 2 weights, commercially, makes a lot of sense. It's also a lot less confusing for the first time buyer: Slide-Glide, or Slide-Glide Lite.

Now at that point - Slide-Glide Standard makes more sense to me than Slide-Glide Medium.

I'll still keep the #3 in the tubs and sell it of my site. But I feel migrating the #3 in the tubes will cause more problems then it will solve.

Thanks again all!

Vibes?

be

Something like these were what I had in mind a while back when I mentioned it to you: http://plaspakinc.com/disposable_plastic_syringes.htm

That is, basically, what I use now. If you had some way to cap it and then keep the plunger in place...it might work. But, that setup (which I've had for a few years now) doesn't make it into the range bag.

That is, basically, what I use now. If you had some way to cap it and then keep the plunger in place...it might work. But, that setup (which I've had for a few years now) doesn't make it into the range bag.

They appear to come w/ a cap, and allow you to leave the plunger in place?? I have a syringe of grease that's also good stuff (jet engine bearing grease, apparently...) that is similar to those (if not the same) Goes in the bag easy, holds a decent amount, etc, etc. I haven't ever had it open up in the range bag, or anything like that....

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html

I'm actually moving forward on getting the Glide in tubes... So I'm thinking about slightly changing the name hierarchy. I'm happy with Slide-Glide Lite. But since the #1 and #3 designations have always been slightly confusing to the first time buyer, I'm going to get rid of the numbers. Slide-Glide #1 will become just Slide-Glide. At this point Slide-Glide Lite and Slide-Glide make sense. So I need an adjective to replace #3 for Slide-Glide #3.

So far...

hefty

heavy

thick

stout (from bigJoni)

fat

great

vast

dark ;)

.... But nothing's really quite working. Who's got some ideas?

;)

Super-Glide

They appear to come w/ a cap, and allow you to leave the plunger in place?? I have a syringe of grease that's also good stuff (jet engine bearing grease, apparently...) that is similar to those (if not the same) Goes in the bag easy, holds a decent amount, etc, etc. I haven't ever had it open up in the range bag, or anything like that....

The Epoxy folks sell a reclosable syringe, actually 2 syringes in one as one contains resin the other contains the hardener, that works quite well. I'm still using the duo syringe I bought about 5 years ago.

Thanks for the tube supplier link Dave. I'm working with something similar, I'll try to get a pic posted of a sample tube tomorrow.

It's definitely gonna be a "loc-tite" style tube... A big problem is, you can't get a tube supplier to talk to you unless you're ready to buy 50,000 tubes a month. And the syringe suppliers are even worse... if you can find one that will even talk to you at all.

be

Hello All,

I am kinda new to this board, although I've been reading it a while. Brian, hopefully this isn't stepping on toes, but are you going to also post something about what type of logo people would like to see on the new S-G applicator? Maybe that should be a new thread.

Dave

Why not just supply an empty syringe, you can then just ladle the slide-glide into it ?

I can't selll it like that. Of course for "you guys" that'd be fine... but I don't think Dillon will put it in the Blue Press if you have to "laddle it in a syringe yourself."

That's cracking me up just thinking about it...

:lol::lol::lol:

Why not just supply an empty syringe, you can then just ladle the slide-glide into it ?

I can't selll it like that. Of course for "you guys" that'd be fine... but I don't think Dillon will put it in the Blue Press if you have to "laddle it in a syringe yourself."

Okay, we're down to SlideGlide and SlideGlide Lite for the syringe. Volume may be the killer, but a refillable syringe might make sense. Sell the tube/syringe full of your favorite weight SlideGlide, and sell an economy size refill for the super duper no mess refillable syringe. :)

You just killed Duane's idea for a new article. :):):)