Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Rifles

kellyn

Sam:

That would make me "D" class for sure, for messing up the divisions. I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was actually responding to a couple of the posts on the previous page. I also like iron sights because I can still see pretty well. I spen most of my youth shooting iron sighted rifles for fun and competition and still get by fairly well with an iron sighted rifle. I like to shoot major when I play "true limited". To me an M1A is a true rifle and any AR-15 is just a carbine. Which kind of segs into my next thought. Since the .223 has so little going for it, it may as well be as accurate as it can be. If I had to carry an AR I would want the presision of an optic on it because shot placement is so much more critticle. With that in mind and the fact that most people didn't grow up shooting iron, a optic is almost mandatory for many people " the legaly blind". But once again this is only for USPSA and really only applies to them. As I pointed out once befor, the rest of us will just keep doing it the way we already do. KURT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt, please accept my humble apology. I must have been outta my head to take your post wrong. I'm sorry.

Like you, I also favor the .308 rifles. The M1A and FN FAL are my two mainstays. Yep, the AR really is a carbine.

I'm putting a scope on my AR today to get ready for a non-USPSA tactical match next month. I know my my team would get smoked if I tried to shoot irons in this match. BTW, I got a couple of lucky guesses on my last vision test at the drivers liscense bureau, the lady told me that if I had missed one more, I would have to wear my glasses to legally drive. I hope nobody took offense at my wise crack. I'm getting old, and I just can't seem to do it gracefully.

Like George Foreman said about ten years ago, "Forty ain't no death sentence".............

Of course, It's just a short hop from there to "I've fallen and I can't get up" . ;)

Kyle's rules work....most of the guy's making the trek to North Carolina are carrying their pistols during our monthly rifle and shotgun matches....besides I just sawed the front sight off my carbine.. regards Les

Well I might as well throw my 2 cents in, a seperate tactical class allowing optics on the rifle is a great idea, lets vote on it instead of on uspsa presidents. I think it would pull more shooters into 3 gun, and would be the largest division at any event. Lets have lots of shotgun reloading in the matches too!

USPSA already has 3 divisions (well really 5 but the other 2 are really small) why not just add the scoped rifles to the limited class and add Production as the other class with iron sights. Since the primary classes are Open, Limited and Production in almost all of the pistol matches, Just make the 3-gun classed match. That way is is easy for people to understand and join 3-gunning from just being pistol shooters.

And the answer is YES to the question you are all thinking. Production should be limited to 10rds in pistol and rifle. And just for fun limit the shotguns to 4rds in the magazine....Maybe? It would sure give everyone who has a "stock" gun someplace to shoot without feeling overwhelmed in the equipment race.

Scott Peterson

• 3 weeks later...

In our club we have a "Modified" class. Limited Pistol and shotgun w/ the rifle w/ some type of optic. It has really helped the level of competition and it has spread the field out a little more so some of the new guys have a chance.

I really don't care how its done just let me shoot my AR with the ACOG, and limited pistol and shotgun against people with similar equipment. I don't care if its a new class or a subdivision of an existing one. I don';t shoot uspsa three gun matches for this reason. Its time for a change to include the many shooters who feel this way.

Or not ipsc at all but thats alot of B!@#$%^s to deal with for those that could pull it off and i don't think i could handle it either

What was it.............The cool guy passive intrusive blah blah :P

Anyhoo yes add yet another set of rules and yet another class.

Otherwise what do we have (some of us),a few major matches to go to which take some of us all year to prep and save for.

Prep on our own by the way because of this very issue,or just throw our score out the window(mentally)and shoot open class.

Dead horse you bet,2 years wow.I guess 3 gun is still a fringe kinda thing.

Where did practical go (usPsa)? <_<