Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need BE.com Store Test From Windows XP/IE Users

A customer just called (running XP/IE) and said that no links in the drop-down menu:

Specific Dillon Items

Select From List...

... work for him.

An example of that drop-down can be found at the top and bottom of any of my Dillon Store pages, such as the "Range Stuff" page:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/dillon.range.html

He said he was on his "work machine," and was sure that XP was the latest version. And although I didn't ask him, I'm guessing XP was an "Office" or "Business" version. He wasn't certain on IE's version, but thought it was up to date as well.

He tried the "Specific Dillon Items" drop-down on all the other Dillon Store categories pages: Square Deal, RL 550B, XL 650, etc. - and it didn't work on any of them. It just left him on the page he was on, and various error messages appeared "at the bottom of the page."

I have clunker Dell laptop running XP "Home Edition" / IE for site testing, and the drop-down works fine on it. So I'm wondering if anyone can duplicate this problem for me.

The code in that drop-down has been like that for 2+ years, so if there is a "real" problem I'm surprised I'm just now hearing about it.

Thank you,

be

I just tried it with XP Home SP2 and IE 6 and Firefox with no problems. I'll try it later with an XP Pro machine from work behind our firewall but it has worked in the past just fine there as well.

UPDATE! Works from work with IE 6 and XP Pro both with SP2. Are we surprised?

Edited by AikiDale

Thanks for the feedback all.

I really doubt there will be a problem with Firefox. But with some combination of versions of XP and IE... well, you just can't say for sure.

More feedback is welcomed.

be

It works just fine in IE 6 and FireFox under XP Pro running in Virtual PC on a Mac.

I do all my Wintel web testing this way and know it is valid from lotsa' confirmation testing.

This guys machine is where the issue is, not your code ;-)