Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Cool...

tightloop

Well, it is summer and while I never thought much about having a pool, in the past, it seemed like the thing to do this year..

Began filling it yesterday...and will swim this evening....Hot damn...

Not big, but enough to splash in and swim a bit...Kids coming over for steaks on the grill, swimming and relaxing under the pergola...can't wait... :P:D

It is just a little longer than twice the length of my kayak...so can't do much forward and backward...but I will be careful...

and Siggy...will try to post some pics...I am still new at this, so I may take a pic, attach it to my email and send it to you to post for me...OK...Nothing special...oval, 35x16.5...no 10 meter platform or spa, but the pergola is nice......

TL

What time should I be over ? Oh, and I am bringing the whole Ohio crew, so ...... get some dogs & brats for us.

[Jealous mode] I only have a hot-tub so I just turn down the heater about 10 degrees, and make believe it's a pool :P [/Jealous mode]

Chris

If you drive down from Ohio, you will probably need to cool off a little when you get here..lol The weather is pretty intense now...about 95 and 89% humidity...kind of wringing wet, if you follow me...you go from the A/C in the house to the A/C in the car and then to the A/C where ever it is you are going and hope nothing breaks along the way..

come on down...but you have to bring the beer...lol

Sounds great, my wife wants a pool but I keep buying guns........ We couldn't get as much use out of one in my part of the country as you can, enjoy.

Had an in-ground pool in the house we bought 20 years ago. Picture about 20 hours of work cleaning for every hour of usage..... and the truth of the old saying: a pool is a hole in the ground you pour money into.....

We had it filled in.

bounty hunter

There have been some advancements in pool technology since 1986...Mine is a saltwater pool, with in pool cleaning jets...no rubber ducky floating around...and yes, you can never get your $$ out of it...I heard all that last time I wanted to do it...got talked out of it...

Asked my grandkids about it and they said go for it Granddad......

Kind of like an Open blaster...if you always wanted one...and then you get it....it's COOL...same here..My kids and their kids will have a great time in it...as will I..and you can stay outside in the evening and have a glass of something cool, smoke a great cigar, enjoy the night...it's all good. beats watching the tube all to Hell...there isn't one single good TV show on that I want to see till football starts and Lost resumes...till then I can swim, fish, and shoot...can' t be all bad... ;)

Did have a bikini clad hottie at the pool last night, my 12 yr old granddaughter..lol cooked some steaks, swam a bit, enjoyed the visit from my kids and grandkids....all in all, very nice...

Kept expecting Merlin to drive up from Corpus, but he must have gotten lost along the way..LOL :lol:

Kept expecting Merlin to drive up from Corpus, but he must have gotten lost along the way..LOL :lol:

I got your e mail with the address....in British Columbia... That kinda clued me you were not planning on actually cooking the steak you said you had bought for me. :o

Got one and wish I didn't. Hope your experience is better.

My advice is to find a weekly pool cleaning service and hire them. It is well worth the money not to have to fool with balancing chemicals and such.

Aslo as a side note. Since you having those wild parties and friends over check with your insurance agent about coverage. Most industry folks reccomend at a minimum increasing your liability on the homeowners and even better getting an umbrella policy to cover above and beyond. A 1 million umbreall is rather chep insurance. Mine costs me 345.00 / year until I added a teenage driver and it went to 690/yr.

Later, Steven

You are so right about the insurance...got the .5 million coverage...mine has no board,diving platform or anyother device to raise the cost of insurance...and I have no teen drivers either..thank you...

BTW...Merlin...we ate your steak...and I apologize for sending you that really old address in BC...when you drive up that way, watch out for the moose on the road at evening time...

Edited by tightloop