Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Shooter Left Behind - I Have A Dream....

dirtypool40

Now wait just a darn minute there--I didn't see anything for those of use that use BB guns, slingshots, bow and arrows, spears or just plain rocks. And I want STEAK, big and juicy and mashed potatoes and lots of gravy. And whiskey for the men and beer for the horses!

Spears are NOT allowed as the very term - Spear Chunker is Not PC! <_<

Where is your sensitivity???? B)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did forget stage neutrality.

Shooting positions: All shooting positions must be neutrally easy for all competitors. Ports shall all be set to addapt for all statures. If a shorter person has to look "over" the bottom of the port the they will have 1 second deducted from their overall time per shot fired from said port and the same is said if a taller person has to duck/squat to see through a port. All Cooper tunnles shall be built so that anyone can walk through them in an upright manner. All table starts must have available (Supplied by the range) and gun prop so that shooters can retrieve their firearm as easily as possible.

Target placement: No target shall be placed in a position wher it can be engaged from 45 degrees or greater. This crap about being personally responsible for not breaking the 180 is rediculous.

No target shall be placed farther that 15' from any shooting position. We don't want to give those gaming open shooters an advantage.

More to follow, I'm sure.

Okay, now I'm upset.

Your "No Shooter Left Behind" plan makes no provision for us southpaws.

I insist that every stage design must have a mirror image stage built beside it.

Right handers can run their stage, we will run ours.

I can't believe you didn't think of that.

It's an unmistakable indication of right hand bias.

Where is Jessie Jackson when you need him?

Tls

Okay, now I'm upset.

Your "No Shooter Left Behind" plan makes no provision for us southpaws.

I insist that every stage design must have a mirror image stage built beside it.

Right handers can run their stage, we will run ours.

I can't believe you didn't think of that.

It's an unmistakable indication of right hand bias.

Where is Jessie Jackson when you need him?

Tls

how about southpaw revolver shooters? :wacko::lol:

lynn

Did some one say cake? Isn't that insensitive to the shooters who are diabetic or overweight? They can't eat cake without negative repercussions!

But you missed the point -- It's not their fault that they ate the cake. . .It is obviously the fault of whoever brought cake! All negative repercussions are someone else's fault ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

This is only funny if it doesn't start a whole new crop of the same tiered old arguments. Can't we all friking agree that this game is and can continue to be different things to different people? Do we need to mock those that we don't agree with even within our fairly small community?

Sorry to be the party pooper.

No target shall be placed farther that 15' from any shooting position. We don't want to give those gaming open shooters an advantage

This long range requirement could seriously affect those shooters who plan on practicing or learning to shoot "one of these days". Max target distance must be 6 feet. Steel can be intimidating, so it's no longer allowed.

And I thought this was supposed to be about the "Shooting" ? Where is the Kentucky Long Rifle division? Best shots on the planet. You try to put two shots in the same hole at 100 paces and see what I mean. But are they welcome? The time between shots is just not fair to include in the score for KLR shooters. In order to really level the playing field we need to stop the clock during reloads.

In order to really level the playing field we need to stop the clock during reloads.

And deduct draw and splits times too. Also deduct the time it takes to move from one position to the next because we all can't move at the same speed.

This is only funny if it doesn't start a whole new crop of the same tiered old arguments. Can't we all friking agree that this game is and can continue to be different things to different people? Do we need to mock those that we don't agree with even within our fairly small community?

Sorry to be the party pooper.

Don't take any of this too seriously Vlad.

Remember, this is the humor forum.

Otherwise, we would have to hand Eric over to the L10 crowd (a.k.a The Lords of Discipline) for an attitude adjustment.

If there's anything left, I say throw him to the wheel gunners and let nature take its course. :P

Edited by tlshores

What about steel Eric? :o Those plates have always been TOO SMALL and TOO FAR AWAY!! Not fair! :( Am I supposed to know how to shoot or something? :angry:

If for safety concerns we have to keep our steel at 8 yards minimum distance, the plates need to be redesigned to 16 inches diameter and set no further away than 12 yards and poppers should be the size of an average human (6'2" and 40" at the waist). But don't pretend that shooters have to help with setup and takedown. :huh:

:lol:

What about steel Eric? :o Those plates have always been TOO SMALL and TOO FAR AWAY!! Not fair! :( Am I supposed to know how to shoot or something? :angry:

If for safety concerns we have to keep our steel at 8 yards minimum distance, the plates need to be redesigned to 16 inches diameter and set no further away than 12 yards and poppers should be the size of an average human (6'2" and 40" at the waist). But don't pretend that shooters have to help with setup and takedown. :huh:

No fair! If plates were larger they would be heavier and the loads required to knock them down would have to really make major. That would lead to greater powder cost and really hurt us retired folks liveing on a fixed income, and just think about the recoil, those things kick! All steel should be cardboard.-------Larry

No fair! If plates were larger they would be heavier and the loads required to knock them down would have to really make major. That would lead to greater powder cost and really hurt us retired folks liveing on a fixed income, and just think about the recoil, those things kick! All steel should be cardboard.-------Larry

No more of this major/minor power factor crap........ It's blatant discrimination!!!!!!

Excellent point Larry!

And why should steel have to fall anyway? I think we should just trust the shooter to say "Got it" if there is any question.

The never ending struggle to balance speed, power and accuracy is causing me a great deal of pain and suffering.

Does it have to be DVC?

Can't I just pick one and go with it?

Tls

Edited by tlshores

The never ending struggle to balance speed, power and accuracy is causing me a great deal of pain and suffering.

Does it have to be DVC?

Tls

Heck as long as where at it lets illmanite walkthroughs to just a waste energy we will just shoot the ones we see.Or just remove all wall together think of the time and energy we are wasting running through stages and shoot 50% of the stages from a seated position. :wub::rolleyes::wacko:

Does it have to be DVC?

Tls

Dont pick speed, I already proved you cant miss fast enough to win.-----Larry

Not at all my brother, under my program, plates will fall at the sound of a gunshot, instead of requiring an actual hit, any shot fired within a reasonable arch, or what could be argued to be such later, will score the plates as hit.

Targets will not be taped, which will speed up shooting and as we trust our fellow shooters, we'll let them fill out their own score sheets. Before they even shoot if they like. B)

Eric,

I thought that you had a new job…. where did you get the time to come up with this.

BTW since you shoot Limited so well if you make Titusville tomorrow I will make sure we have the French bicycle club testosterone test there for you. You know the one that always test positive for Americans.

:rolleyes:

While we're talking about reducing power factor, why not get rid of those offensive, smelly, noisy rounds all together?... Each "shooter" could just run through the course and yell (softly of course) "PAKOW!, PAKOW!". Every "PAKOW" would be scored as an Alpha, hardcover and no shoots don't exist.