Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainier 230-gr. Plated Bullets

Carmoney

Nope - Midway prices the shipping by weight - Cabela's prices it by dollar value of the sale and that tops out at $13.95, at least last time I bought there (few months ago). So even if the bullets are a few cents more, the delivered price is likely cheaper for a decent sized order.

/Bryan

Nope - Midway prices the shipping by weight - Cabela's prices it by dollar value of the sale and that tops out at $13.95, at least last time I bought there (few months ago). So even if the bullets are a few cents more, the delivered price is likely cheaper for a decent sized order.

/Bryan

uhhhhhhhhhh.....good theory but looks to me like Cabelas wants $88/K for 'em.

few cents? am I missing something?

Mike and everyone,

I have bought several different orders from Cabelas, and they always have come out cheaper than Midways good price / lousy shipping deals.

My last order was a few days ago for 1500 230 Gr. Ranier plated.

1500 @ 98.97 + Ship @ 9.75 = $108.72

HOWEVER,

Cabelas has since raised their prices by $8/K. I ran both through and with shipping

Cabelas = 82.73

Midway = 77.80

Mike wins by a $5.00 nose on this one. :lol:

(One funny thing you have to notice at Cabelas though. It is cheaper to buy two boxes of 500, than it is to buy one box of 1K. So I always order by the 500 count box.)

(One funny thing you have to notice at Cabelas though. It is cheaper to buy two boxes of 500, than it is to buy one box of 1K. So I always order by the 500 count box.)

Nothing is ever easy anymore...

With gas prices, it may cost more to drive there!

If anyone's short of Federal Primers, check Wideners (said they had 133,000 of 'em). There are none left in the KC area and was told there's a back order of 4 months from the factory.

Good Luck at the Nationals everynone.

Mike,

Checked on the distance from Hannibal to Columbia. Thought about making a run the week of Nationals. But it's about 100 miles one way.

Like pskys said, with gas over $3 (plus 3+ hours of driving) it's still not a high profit margin idea.

I just ordered a spare 1K, plus a few other things I have been holding off on due to the high cost of shipping with Midway.

I always hate to order from Midway when they try to bag you for extra shipping if you don't order more than $25 from them. Brownells & Cabellas don't seem to have as much trouble with shipping as Midway.

Jim