Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA members page. I think it got uploaded as a club match for the Marysville (WA) club, I'm going to see if I can fix that and get it moved to where Area-match results go...

Bruce

USPSA members page. I think it got uploaded as a club match for the Marysville (WA) club, I'm going to see if I can fix that and get it moved to where Area-match results go...

Bruce

found it-thanx, bruce.

low-turnout? would have been great if it was the week b4 albany-i would have made it up there and just stayed...

results anywhere??

Go to www.uspsa.org , members area, local match results, to Marysville Rifle & Pistol Club, then July 15th results

Only 41 shooters came, but it was a great match and perfect weather. DPMS donated an AR15 complete upper as a designated prize to the "Crease Award" (closest to 50%)

Open Joe DeSimone

Tactical Carl Carbon

Limited / HM Pat Kelley

It was a good match, truly a shame that it was not better attended.

10 stages shot over two days with perfect weather conditions. From a rifle hose fest that was the “house of horror” to some deceivingly simple yet decidedly difficult 220 yard flashers on stage 10. With slug shots in and around no-shoots at 40 yards and a real Sporting Clays 5 stand as a featured stage your well rounded shotgun skills were put to the test. Maintain control of “baby Jane” while you placed pistol shots on the upper panels with your strong hand while generating enough foot speed to keep you in the race.

Competitors made use of proper “abandonment boxes” that were in incorporated as part of the decent range props. Throw in a match included foot long Subway sandwich, a match themed hat and “T” shirt and top off the final results with trophies personalized to the recipient and again what a shame more of you did not attend.

Maybe next eh?

Patrick

One wonders about proximity time-wise to the Multi-Gun Nationals and how this affected attendance.

Some would have it adjacent in time; that would bring folks in from further out. Some would rather have some separation to make it easier on both the financial and leave from work/home budget.

Doing A1 (pistol), A13G and MG Nats was not in my budget. It was pick one and work Nats as staff (net cost much lower). A13G never even had a chance in the equation the way things were stacked out this year.

The location might also play in. Other than moving it to Alaska (also in Area1) you would be pressed to put it further away from the rest of the Area than Marysville. With travel costs now a very significant portion of the shooting budget location is playing a bigger part in the decision on which matches get shot by average Joe Shooter than ever.

What is really sad is that there are so few clubs in A1 that have facilities and membership developed to the point where they can host an Area level (or even a decent Level II) match. But that is a whole other soap box. :(

The Marysville match turned out to be short enough range that it would have been good to have a pistol-only version of the match. The shotgun and long range rifle stages could have been omitted and two stages re-shot twice to make up for it. That might help attendance in the future.

Rats. Sorry we missed you, diablodog.

If it was me that failed to respond to an email, I apologize. I *try* to get to every email within a day or so, but... have been working just ridiculous hours in June and July, and... there have been some lapses.

Either way, sorry we missed you.

We *were* surprised by the low turnout. We had anticipated that the match would fill up at 100 shooters, especially because we tried to make it as good a "tune-up" for the multi-gun nationals, next week, as we could.

From what I heard on the range, my guess is that it is a combination of two things already mentioned.... northwestern Washington takes more driving to get to than a lot of other places in Area-1, and with the cost of gas these days, that driving gets factored into thinking pretty heavily.

Bruce

No problem Gary, I understand how busy you guys are- just dissapointing to hear there were plenty of slots unfilled. There was a small side rifle/shotgun match at the Renton IDPA event that likely drew shooters away as well. Oh well.

On a side note, anyone from W. Washington going down to Nationals? I'm thinking about going and I need to see if there are carpool oppurtunities.

I shot the match. Had a blast on Patrick's and Carl's squad. I never knew how much fun "5 stand" was. That was the highlight of the match for sure. Thanks for coaching me through that Paddy!

(how much you selling that .308 for, wanna trade rifles?) :)

From what I'm hearing, it was the "$100/plaque match" format that kept another 60 shooters from filling the roster. If you look at todays best attended matches, they all have better shooter payback.

It is what it is....