Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've Got The Fever

We just couldn't wait another 2 weeks to shoot, so we went to Z-ville, Rayner Range... As with the first time I had a good time, my shots were a little better, still couldn't keep them white targets from jumping in my line of fire. I'm still sure I did a little better than the first time. (I hope I did anyway) :o

Sounds like your coming down with "It"....................

IPSICK!

Quick run away now, as fast as you can! sell your weapons, tell no one what happened.

Before you become like the rest of us!

Edited by 9x21

Nope -- it is too late, she's got it bad -- thank goodness it isn't terminal, just a chronic condition that you will have to manage as best you can!!!

Congrats on your second match -- I have shot at 4 now -- and although I am still far behind the pack, my percentages improve a bit each time. And even if I don't shoot worth you-know-what, I still enjoy the company. A fine bunch of people!!

Leadfoot, I know what you are talking about when you mention the fever! I just recently got married and spent a week out of the country...and all that I could think of was...

a) I missed the Milford match!

b ) I missed the Oxford match!

c) I missed the Pickaway match!

d) This hotel room would be GREAT for a dryfiring setup!

It only gets better! :wub:

Edited by Pharoah Bender

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats on catching the bug It's a great thing to be passionate about a hobby. Keep shooting and you'll definitley keep improving. If you survived rayners Long distance poppers your ready for anything :)

Hi all, new here. I have been building a steel gun from a kimber custom II, and have been auctioning on some other open 1911's, mag holders, belts, and just ordered my safariland 012 lefty from brian's site when I stumbled across the forums. I got the bug a few months ago when I went to oaktree in Newhall CA, and was instructed on how to shoot steel w their timed set up. their set up at the time had an 8" round plate on each end with 3 pin shaped steel targets in the middle. my first time was 7.60 seconds.. definately nothing to brag to about! lol! after about 4 mags I got my time down to 3.40 seconds w my stock to the bone kimber. They recently changed the course to 5 8" round plates, and I shot it in 2.85 seconds. I figure with a little more practice and possibly some expert advice, I would love to try to get under 2 seconds. Talk about being ipsick! I will attend the SC in pyru this weekend to see the real courses and learn what I can. If anyone has any advice for a total noob like me I would certainly appreciate it! thank you all in advance! :blink:

• 1 month later...
Leadfoot Anny,

When you get ready to pick out your husbands Christmas present, let us know. We'll help you pick out a Dillon reloader for him. (How many shooters was he reloading for today???)

Flex

My husband reloads for all of us, we try to practice at least twice a week so we keep him bussy.