Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 Mag Length

cardboardkiller

I don't want to get caught on a technicality and am new to USPSA/IPSC and wondered if there were any length restrictions for a double-stack mag in Limited 10? I am using the standard length SV mag with a wedge basepad, I am going to have to shave some off of them to get them to fit in the IDPA box anyway, but I just wondered what if any restrictions there were. I have the latest 14th edition rule book, but I want to be sure.

That is what I've heard, but I cannot find it in the rulebook. Under Limited 10 in the book it states no for mag length restrictions, but I have received different info from a couple of supposedly good sources. Can anyone quote me a rule that is more current than the latest book I have, red 14th edition?

(Edited by cardboardkiller at 11:15 pm on Dec. 24, 2002)

You're right.  There are length restrictions in the "red book" for Limited, but not for Limited-10.  So, put on whatever base-pads you want, it appears that there are no restrictions other than "no more than 10 rounds in a magazine"

Bruce

You are correct sir!!  Not trying to be a smart @ss but this is the IPSC rules forum  and the IPSC rules and USPSA rules are not always the same so ask your question in the USPSA rules section and you might get a clearer answer if there is one.

CBK,

You're right ---- but the two organizations disagree on some of the rules and have similar but different rules in a few cases.  That's why some of the rule numbers in the 14th edition USPSA Rulebook have the U.S. prefix.  There are also two sets of equipment listings in the back, one for IPSC competition and one for USPSA competition.

Not trying to be a smart @ss but this is the IPSC rules forum  and the IPSC rules and USPSA rules are not always the same so ask your question in the USPSA rules section and you might get a clearer answer if there is one.

Actually, this is the IPSC/USPSA rules forum.  I'll ask BE to change the name back :)

Yo Kath,

While you're at it changing forum names, it would make sense to change:

"IPSC Rules Questions" to "IPSC Questions"

"IPSC/USPSA Questions" to "USPSA Questions"

and have them directly above/below each other, otherwise every time somebody asks about Rule N.N.N, we'll always have to ask for clarification.

Also "IPSC Classifiers" should really be "USPSA Classifiers"!

Whatcha think grrl?

IPSC Rules Questions

IPSC rules questions only

(Moderated by: Shooter Grrl, Vince Pinto)  

I guess I read the forum header wrong?

And I agree that we need a USPSA only forum as well.

Then if we could get a USPSA list going....

Quote: from 2alpha on 6:05 pm on Dec. 27, 2002

IPSC Rules Questions

IPSC rules questions only

(Moderated by: Shooter Grrl, Vince Pinto)  

I guess I read the forum header wrong?

And I agree that we need a USPSA only forum as well.

Then if we could get a USPSA list going....

No you didn't read the forum header wrong.  It used to be that there was one forum for all USPSA/IPSC questions.  Then it was decided to break out the rules questions from the other questions and create this forum.  Personally, I think we need one forum for USPSA/IPSC Questions and a second forum for USPSA/IPSC Rules.  I don't think we need to separate IPSC and USPSA totally since there are folks here who are interested in both and capable of answering questions about both.  (Vince even gets most of his USPSA rules answers correct.... )  To split these forums would I think create more divisiveness when we should be striving for unity!  

Well, I must say that all of us are not striving for unity with IPSC!!  A lot of us like the USPSA rules and could care less about what IPSC would like to shove down our throats.  End the confusion by having seperate forums and let the people decide which organization really benefits them.  Too many times I hear people upset because they think some dumb IPSC rule is going to affect us in the US.  

This is not the place for arguing which governing body is best. It is simply a rules forum and therefore it should be used for answering rules questions. IPSC and USPSA are close enough that the answers will be the same anyways, and the group is diverse enough to point out the differences and make the answers clear without making derisive comments about one or the other.

We don't need USPSA vs IPSC or IPSC vs. IDPA or Steel challenge vs Bianchi Cup. We are all shooting for fun and the tone of these threads should reflect that.

big 2nd on Pat's post. We surely don't need separate *IPSC rules* and *USPSA rules* categories. In fact, it would be detrimental to the purpose, since this is a good place to point out the very few (but sometimes very significant) differences for traveling competition shooters.

--Detlef